need help with my hp 700-230qe

ikaz

Distinguished
Ok this is the thing most modern video cards will support three montors at once. Now if your tralking running Flight simulator accross three monitors your going to have run two cards in xfire/SLI (assuming your talking 3@1080p). You will need to spend a bit of money for that setup have you thought of a budget ?

helpnewatthis

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
what does it mean to run it in xfire/sli, and yes i think i would want them all three 1080p. no haven't thought of budget but if you could give me an idea of what i might spend that would help me

ikaz

Distinguished
SLI/xfire means running two video cards at the same time however in order to do this your Mother board must support it. That being said looking at some FSX forums it seems it doesn't like SLI so it best to just go with one Video card.

Also people are saying it won't work by default with three screens at 1080p so you may need to do some tweeking and research.

If you look at this thread
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1866117/fsx-multiple-gpus.html

It talk about what people are recomending for the game.

Basically if your going to try three screens best to get a nivida 780 4GB model. Though most people seem to say that FS is more CPU bound. You may be able to get away with a 770 4GB model it really depend on the level of detail you want.

helpnewatthis

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Ok so its taken a bit but I think that I am getting closer, this is what I think I need... 4 GB, 2-6 pin power plugs, pci express x 16 gen 3.0, sli support not needed, my power supply is 600 w,
I've looked at the 770's and can't find one that has 2 - 6 pins for power, am I missing something, are the plug interchangeable?

ikaz

Distinguished
Don't worry about the 2-6 pin power plugs the card will have whatever it needs for power. The two 6pin is more for your PSU otherwise you may need a spilter (which the card will probaby come with) so just get the 4GB 770 and you should be fine.