FX-8350 and a GTX 770 underperforming?

Winniedapoonbear

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Computer specs are

CPU: fx 8350
GPU- 770
Mobo: Asrock 990fx extreme 3

I have problems with League of Legends some how with this build, it is super frusterating.. if the CPU bottlenecking? Both gpu and cpu are at stock speeds. I'm being told my Mobo sucks for over clocking this processor little did I know when I purchased it. I also have a 550W Gold rated PSU, should I oc? and if so any good guides on Oc'ing with this mobo?

Solution

The question on overclocking is because his system is taking 460W, as is, to run. So if you overclock that FX 8350 you easily get close or over that 550W power supply. That's why I asked.
Pretty sure u dont need to overclock to get smooth gameplay for LoL, could be server lag, storage problem, is there a hdd and a ssd? or just the ssd? That cpu and gpu setup shouldnt dip that low, im running a 4ghz 8320 and a 7970 in xfire and before xfire i had no issues in any game, i dont play LoL but being the 770 is similar and slightly faster u should have no problem with no games. Could be a driver problem, i know faulty ram can cause quite a few random problems, it surely shouldnt be your cpu/gpu setup.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

The question on overclocking is because his system is taking 460W, as is, to run. So if you overclock that FX 8350 you easily get close or over that 550W power supply. That's why I asked.

Solution

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
LoL is like entirely CPU dependant. I'd be surprised if your using even 10% of the GFX card. Try an OC and see what happens if anhything that would isolate and eliminate the possibility of the CPU being the bottleneck.