780 10 fps sometimes...urgently require help

As Above So Below

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Hello friends, I am having some issues here and I cant figure them out on my own.
Sometimes I open a game, or run heaven benchmark, and I get 10 fps, and I see gpu usage is low, and tdp is low.

I repeatedly have to close and reopen the game/benchmark, and eventually ill get proper usage/watt draw and ill get 50+ fps. I can't figure out what is wrong.

here is my system

z87 g45
evga gtx 780 oc
thermaltake 750
corsair vengeance pro 1600
wd 1tb

Why the massive inconsistancies in performance? I have tried unparking cpu cores, changing power settings in nvidia and windows control panels. Ive tried 335 drivers as well as 337 drivers.

sometiems I score 700 heavenbenchmark, sometimes 1400.

Please help me =(.

Double check that the card is seated and locked in the pcie slot and that both psu connectors are fully home. And check that the cable to the monitor is connected in the right socket at the card and monitor and is pushed fully home. If your psu connectors aren't fully in then you only get fed 75W though the pcie slot.

And I thought you said a friend got scores of 1300-1500 with the same card in his pc. Try yours in his.

As Above So Below

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
i checked, the card is firmly in place and the power is firmly connected.

The clock speeds change, i can verify that with gpu z, but the watts dont increase. i check evga and they stay at 60 % just like when its idling...everytime this happens the game/benchmark opens with 5 FPS. everytime its smooth the power draw is 80-90%.