Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Intel vs Amd Budget CPU

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 30, 2014 5:14:45 AM

Hello guys ,

I will be buying a new rig within a week but I am a bit confused. Should I go with i3 4130 or the a10 7700k?

The other parts that I have decided are :
Dell s2240l
gtx 750 ti
transcend 4gb ram
antec vp450w

I am on a tight budget. For each cpu that you recommend please also recommend a mobo. Also mention the reason for the choice. I am actually inclined towards i3 because of various benchmarks at various sites that I have seen.

Thanking in advance to all who reply.

More about : intel amd budget cpu

Best solution

April 30, 2014 5:22:38 AM

Choose Intel i3-4130 for your GTX 750 Ti, the AMD A10 APU's are CPU+GPU but it does not perform well with a dedicated GPU, I'm sure that you will be happy to your gaming rig, I'd suggest that get 8gb ram to perform well, anyway if you want some benchmarks for i3-4130 and GTX 750 Ti watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pXorOZ3MQ
Share
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2014 5:43:53 AM

As a comparison between the two, they're pretty much even (http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-4130-vs-AMD-A10-7...). The i3 has the edge in single-core performance (as noted in the Passmark benchmark), but the A10 has better overall (again, per the Passmark benchmark). The i3 has an NX bit (which can prevent a few types of exploits), but the A10 counterbalances with its ability to overclock (has an unlocked multiplier).

Before going any further, though, we need a bit more information from you. First off, if you've picked the case, what form factor will it take: ATX, mATX, ITX? That will determine the type of board we can recommend to you.

Secondly, what are you planning on using the PC for? If you're not planning on playing the latest games on Ultra settings on multiple monitors...then you don't need a separate GPU if you pick the A10 board. That's the whole point of that line: a semi-decent CPU with mid-range onboard graphics. The graphics on the A10 well out-perform the graphics on the i3, so unless you need the high-end performance you don't need a separate GPU. But....if you're needing the high-end graphics performance, then you also don't want to worry about CPU bottlenecking. If that's the case, you might want to consider either an i3-4340 or the FX 6350 (both cost $130 at the local Micro Center, which puts them $10 cheaper than the A10), & both of which are better chips than the i3-4130 and A10.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 30, 2014 10:15:35 PM

Jaydee Ramos said:
Choose Intel i3-4130 for your GTX 750 Ti, the AMD A10 APU's are CPU+GPU but it does not perform well with a dedicated GPU, I'm sure that you will be happy to your gaming rig, I'd suggest that get 8gb ram to perform well, anyway if you want some benchmarks for i3-4130 and GTX 750 Ti watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pXorOZ3MQ


Thanks for the reply.
I have decided for 4gb ram because I am on a tight budget and many benchmarks show that currently 4gb and 8gb ram are on par if you close all applications before playing on the 4gb. However I plan to upgrade to 8gb within a year.
m
0
l
April 30, 2014 10:21:13 PM

spdragoo said:
As a comparison between the two, they're pretty much even (http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-4130-vs-AMD-A10-7...). The i3 has the edge in single-core performance (as noted in the Passmark benchmark), but the A10 has better overall (again, per the Passmark benchmark). The i3 has an NX bit (which can prevent a few types of exploits), but the A10 counterbalances with its ability to overclock (has an unlocked multiplier).

Before going any further, though, we need a bit more information from you. First off, if you've picked the case, what form factor will it take: ATX, mATX, ITX? That will determine the type of board we can recommend to you.

Secondly, what are you planning on using the PC for? If you're not planning on playing the latest games on Ultra settings on multiple monitors...then you don't need a separate GPU if you pick the A10 board. That's the whole point of that line: a semi-decent CPU with mid-range onboard graphics. The graphics on the A10 well out-perform the graphics on the i3, so unless you need the high-end performance you don't need a separate GPU. But....if you're needing the high-end graphics performance, then you also don't want to worry about CPU bottlenecking. If that's the case, you might want to consider either an i3-4340 or the FX 6350 (both cost $130 at the local Micro Center, which puts them $10 cheaper than the A10), & both of which are better chips than the i3-4130 and A10.


Thanks for the reply mate.

I have decided to go with i3 4130 as the reviews at many sites show that it is better than fx 6300 and at par with i3 4340. However I cant chose between msi h81m e33 and ecs h81h m4.

Please help me decide.

FYI, I will use the pc for heavy gaming and light photo and video editing.

m
0
l
April 30, 2014 10:33:23 PM

c2yCharlie said:
spdragoo said:
As a comparison between the two, they're pretty much even (http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-4130-vs-AMD-A10-7...). The i3 has the edge in single-core performance (as noted in the Passmark benchmark), but the A10 has better overall (again, per the Passmark benchmark). The i3 has an NX bit (which can prevent a few types of exploits), but the A10 counterbalances with its ability to overclock (has an unlocked multiplier).

Before going any further, though, we need a bit more information from you. First off, if you've picked the case, what form factor will it take: ATX, mATX, ITX? That will determine the type of board we can recommend to you.

Secondly, what are you planning on using the PC for? If you're not planning on playing the latest games on Ultra settings on multiple monitors...then you don't need a separate GPU if you pick the A10 board. That's the whole point of that line: a semi-decent CPU with mid-range onboard graphics. The graphics on the A10 well out-perform the graphics on the i3, so unless you need the high-end performance you don't need a separate GPU. But....if you're needing the high-end graphics performance, then you also don't want to worry about CPU bottlenecking. If that's the case, you might want to consider either an i3-4340 or the FX 6350 (both cost $130 at the local Micro Center, which puts them $10 cheaper than the A10), & both of which are better chips than the i3-4130 and A10.


Thanks for the reply mate.

I have decided to go with i3 4130 as the reviews at many sites show that it is better than fx 6300 and at par with i3 4340. However I cant chose between msi h81m e33 and ecs h81h m4.

Please help me decide.

FYI, I will use the pc for heavy gaming and light photo and video editing.



They both h81 chipset, I choose the MSI motherboard, here are the differences for LGA 1150 mobo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1150
The h81 chipset motherboards has no Intel Clear Video Technology but don't mind it your system will be fine :) 
m
1
l
!