Solved

eyefinity without eyefinity

i am a pc gamer that uses 3 monitors ( 2 external 1 is my laptop ) and accomplish this by using 2 dvi to usb adapters. because i game i would like to use all 3 monitors full screen with my games but my GPU ( AMD 8670M) does not support eyefinity.

please help me on how i can use 3 monitors for gaming without eyefinity

p.s i can only connect all 3 using the usb to dvi otherwise 1 will not work

thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about eyefinity eyefinity
  1. actualy it does suport eyefinity http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/notebook/8500m-8600m but what display outputs do you have on your laptop im assuming you dont have a displayport
  2. legokill101 said:
    actualy it does suport eyefinity http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/notebook/8500m-8600m but what display outputs do you have on your laptop im assuming you dont have a displayport


    i have a switchable graphics system so only in game will the 8670m do anything otherwise im using an intel apu but i have 1 vga and 1 hdmi

    also may i state that the 8670m only supports 2 monitors but i want 3
    not unless the usb to dvi will work with eyefinity also my laptop does not have eyefinity software only graphics properties and switchable graphics
  3. yeh not much you can do since hdmi does not suport multistream (ie dasiy chaning
  4. legokill101 said:
    yeh not much you can do since hdmi does not suport multistream (ie dasiy chaning


    i can use the 3 monitors as 3 in the windows config but i need games to run full screen across all 3 do you know and 3rd party software that can achieve this or maybe extra hardware
  5. Only solution I can think... Run your games windowed and stretch it across your 3 screens.

    Keep in mind your running a mobile video card, and you may not get usable fps

    BTW, are your 2 monitors the same size as your laptop?
  6. brandon evans said:
    Only solution I can think... Run your games windowed and stretch it across your 3 screens.

    Keep in mind your running a mobile video card, and you may not get usable fps

    BTW, are your 2 monitors the same size as your laptop?


    no my 1st external monitor is on the left it is 21.5" 1080p
    my second monitor is my laptop in the middle 17' 1600 x 900
    my 3rd monitor is the same one as the first on the right
  7. is it possible that i can upgrade the card in my laptop or should i just screw it stop laptop gaming and save for a desktop because i would like to get an alien ware in the future but that would be in maybe 4 years but i still want the full 3 monitor experience without waiting for one.

    also i really kinda need laptop gaming because i am at different places all of the time i.e for 3 days i will be here then for 5 i will be there
  8. Best answer
    You can't upgrade your video card, best bet is save your money and BUILD your computer. Check out WWW.pcper.com theres budget builds for around 500.

    Eyefinity wouldn't work on your setup.. Picture the middle of the game 4" smaller.. Kinda hard to shoot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming DVI Laptops Graphics 8670m 3 monitors eyefinity Monitors