Solved

SFF Dell Otiplex 755 Video card: GTX 750

Hi everybody, am the guy from this post: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2100927/video-card-power-spply-dell-optiplex-755.html

Now i found a video card with the same TDP of the HD 7750, with betters specs and it is the GTX 750.

I want to find a GTX low profile or know if this work to my SFF: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IB9P1GK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2080Y7BQC1UNW&coliid=I1KD8Y9F7CRRBN

Or find this one:http://www.phoronix.net/image.php?id=nvidia_maxwell_750linux&image=nvidia_maxwell_sys1_med

Kisianik or @Kisianik helped me a lot but know he is not active and i need help.
39 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sff dell otiplex 755 video card gtx 750
  1. Hey there , how are you? If you can find the card exactly the same as you posted in the picture than you can run it, otherwise the card in the amazon link is a no go. It has much larger heat sink and fan and will probably touch with the heat sink of the processor. I can't tell you how happy to get rid of my branded dell system and buying a custom casing and atx motherboards. Those systems are pain in the well. And i just hated them for 5 years flat, also due to their power supply too. Cheers and Peace :)
  2. goku1234567890 said:
    Hey there , how are you? If you can find the card exactly the same as you posted in the picture than you can run it, otherwise the card in the amazon link is a no go. It has much larger heat sink and fan and will probably touch with the heat sink of the processor. I can't tell you how happy to get rid of my branded dell system and buying a custom casing and atx motherboards. Those systems are pain in the well. And i just hated them for 5 years flat, also due to their power supply too. Cheers and Peace :)


    So, the best card that i can find for my optiplex is the HD 7750? u know where i can find the one from the picture?

    These are the Dimensions from the cards:

    AMD Radeon 7750: 10 x 7 x 1.5 inches
    ASUS GTX750: 7.3 x 4.5 x 1.4 inches

    The ASUS GTX750 appears to be smaller.
  3. If you need a low profile card for your SFF case, the fastest one I know of the Galaxy GTX 750 Ti: http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-GC-Slim-2-GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-DVIHDMIVGA-Graphics-CardbrbrBONUS-Low-profile-brackets-now-included-freebrbrFree-Gift-150-In-Game-for-Warface-Path-of-Exile-and-Heroes-of-Newerth_p_90.html
    I have one in another machine (Phenom II X4 3.74GHZ) and it plays Crysis 3 at medium settings at 1080p smooth as silk. Galaxy also sells the GTX 750 version as well for less money.
  4. clutchc said:
    If you need a low profile card for your SFF case, the fastest one I know of the Galaxy GTX 750 Ti: http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-GC-Slim-2-GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-DVIHDMIVGA-Graphics-CardbrbrBONUS-Low-profile-brackets-now-included-freebrbrFree-Gift-150-In-Game-for-Warface-Path-of-Exile-and-Heroes-of-Newerth_p_90.html
    I have one in another machine (Phenom II X4 3.74GHZ) and it plays Crysis 3 at medium settings at 1080p smooth as silk. Galaxy also sells the GTX 750 version as well for less money.


    The problem is that the cooler of that one is bigger than the ASUS GTX750. Am trying to find the video card from the picture, because that will work.

    The can send me that video card to my country? ( Dominican Republic )
  5. Oh. I thought you needed a low profile due to the case being a slimline. If your case looks like this: http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog641/folder22259/img7901726med.jpg
    ...a full height card will never fit.
  6. clutchc said:
    Oh. I thought you needed a low profile due to the case being a slimline. If your case looks like this: http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog641/folder22259/img7901726med.jpg
    ...a full height card will never fit.



    Yes, i need a low profile, because my case is like that, u know something better than the 7750
  7. Not if the galaxy GTX 750 is too wide. The HD 7750 is the next up in the performance ladder with the GT 640 close behind.
    As far as Galaxy shipping to the DR, you'd have to contact them.
    What is your processor? Your PSU?

    Btw, the cards you linked to were not low profile.
  8. This is a low profile card I found, but it's a 7750

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/his-video-card-h775fn1g
  9. clutchc said:
    Not if the galaxy GTX 750 is too wide. The HD 7750 is the next up in the performance ladder with the GT 640 close behind.
    As far as Galaxy shipping to the DR, you'd have to contact them.
    What is your processor? Your PSU?

    Btw, the cards you linked to were not low profile.


    275 W PSU ( for that am looking the 750GTX )
    Intel core duo E6600
    3GB Ram DDR2

    When i finish looking for the GPU will be like this:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
    4GB Ram DDR2
    HD 7750 ( i want to see if there is something better )
  10. Best answer
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Not if the galaxy GTX 750 is too wide. The HD 7750 is the next up in the performance ladder with the GT 640 close behind.
    As far as Galaxy shipping to the DR, you'd have to contact them.
    What is your processor? Your PSU?

    Btw, the cards you linked to were not low profile.


    275 W PSU ( for that am looking the 750GTX )
    Intel core duo E6600
    3GB Ram DDR2

    When i finish looking for the GPU will be like this:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
    4GB Ram DDR2
    HD 7750 ( i want to see if there is something better )



    Unless that is a hefty 275W PSU with a strong +12V rail, I would avoid the GTX 750 TI anyway. Maybe the GTX 750... maybe. It will depend on the amp and watt rating of your PSU's +12V rail. I imagine it is a TFX size PSU.
  11. clutchc said:
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Not if the galaxy GTX 750 is too wide. The HD 7750 is the next up in the performance ladder with the GT 640 close behind.
    As far as Galaxy shipping to the DR, you'd have to contact them.
    What is your processor? Your PSU?

    Btw, the cards you linked to were not low profile.


    275 W PSU ( for that am looking the 750GTX )
    Intel core duo E6600
    3GB Ram DDR2

    When i finish looking for the GPU will be like this:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
    4GB Ram DDR2
    HD 7750 ( i want to see if there is something better )



    Unless that is a hefty 275W PSU with a strong +12V rail, I would avoid the GTX 750 TI anyway. Maybe the GTX 750... maybe. It will depend on the amp and watt rating of your PSU's +12V rail. I imagine it is a TFX size PSU.


    So, i only can use the 7750. :(
    Thanks!


    Something else: did u overclock you processor?
  12. One thing that i remind you guys that hd 7750 is not a popular card and certainly not a popular series. I mean i have heard so many problems of these cards about drivers, Bsods, game lags, artifacts and many more. I mean you can get a low profile a gt 630 or a low profile r7 240 but try to avoid the hd 7750. If you can change your motherboard and casing to an Atx form factor that will certainly future proof you from all this tension. Here you can try this card: R7 240. Although not at par with card but it will perform better. Or a card better in some aspects than HD 7750 and on par with most. R7 250 low profile Although i couldn't find it, i mean it's price but it will certainly be below the 100$ mark. And will probably get you high to med settings on battlefield 4.
  13. goku1234567890 said:
    One thing that i remind you guys that hd 7750 is not a popular card and certainly not a popular series. I mean i have heard so many problems of these cards about drivers, Bsods, game lags, artifacts and many more. I mean you can get a low profile a gt 630 or a low profile r7 240 but try to avoid the hd 7750. If you can change your motherboard and casing to an Atx form factor that will certainly future proof you from all this tension. Here you can try this card: R7 240. Although not at par with card but it will perform better. Or a card better in some aspects than HD 7750 and on par with most. R7 250 low profile Although i couldn't find it, i mean it's price but it will certainly be below the 100$ mark. And will probably get you high to med settings on battlefield 4.


    Well man the 7750 is better than the R7 250 is une less power than the R7. Take a look: http://www.hwcompare.com/15330/radeon-hd-7750-vs-radeon-r7-250/
  14. Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Not if the galaxy GTX 750 is too wide. The HD 7750 is the next up in the performance ladder with the GT 640 close behind.
    As far as Galaxy shipping to the DR, you'd have to contact them.
    What is your processor? Your PSU?

    Btw, the cards you linked to were not low profile.


    275 W PSU ( for that am looking the 750GTX )
    Intel core duo E6600
    3GB Ram DDR2

    When i finish looking for the GPU will be like this:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
    4GB Ram DDR2
    HD 7750 ( i want to see if there is something better )



    Unless that is a hefty 275W PSU with a strong +12V rail, I would avoid the GTX 750 TI anyway. Maybe the GTX 750... maybe. It will depend on the amp and watt rating of your PSU's +12V rail. I imagine it is a TFX size PSU.


    So, i only can use the 7750. :(
    Thanks!


    Something else: did u overclock you processor?

    You can probably live with the stock GTX 750. But it is going to be close when the card is stressed. The HD 7750 would be the better choice unless you want to upgrade your PSU. As far as the "warning" about the HD 7750, all I can say is... that it is Bull___t. IMO That is one of the best low end, most solid AMD cards available. I have had and built with quite a few of them. Never a single issue. And I know of no one who has had an issue with it. I still have one I keep on hand for testing. Gigabyte HD 7750 OC. It too plays Crysis 3 (at low settings) at 1080p with smooth game play with the PhII.

    If you are referring to the Phenom II I have in my other system, yes it is OC'd. It started out life as a Phenom II X2 B59. The 2 dormant cores turned out to be stable when unlocked. So, I gave it a slight overclock to 3.74GHZ and never took it any higher. I didn't want to press my luck. So it is now roughly equivalent to the old Phenom II X4 980BE.
  15. Well if you never were asked for those problems or never read the reviews on newegg than i can't say nothing. I have atleast answered 5 threads that i remember in which hd 7xxx cards were the culprit, i think one was 7850 another one was 7750 and can't remember the others. I not saying that he should not buy that card but i am telling him the risks, so that no one can say that this was suggested and this happened.
  16. clutchc said:
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Not if the galaxy GTX 750 is too wide. The HD 7750 is the next up in the performance ladder with the GT 640 close behind.
    As far as Galaxy shipping to the DR, you'd have to contact them.
    What is your processor? Your PSU?

    Btw, the cards you linked to were not low profile.


    275 W PSU ( for that am looking the 750GTX )
    Intel core duo E6600
    3GB Ram DDR2

    When i finish looking for the GPU will be like this:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
    4GB Ram DDR2
    HD 7750 ( i want to see if there is something better )



    Unless that is a hefty 275W PSU with a strong +12V rail, I would avoid the GTX 750 TI anyway. Maybe the GTX 750... maybe. It will depend on the amp and watt rating of your PSU's +12V rail. I imagine it is a TFX size PSU.


    So, i only can use the 7750. :(
    Thanks!


    Something else: did u overclock you processor?

    You can probably live with the stock GTX 750. But it is going to be close when the card is stressed. The HD 7750 would be the better choice unless you want to upgrade your PSU. As far as the "warning" about the HD 7750, all I can say is... that it is Bull___t. IMO That is one of the best low end, most solid AMD cards available. I have had and built with quite a few of them. Never a single issue. And I know of no one who has had an issue with it. I still have one I keep on hand for testing. Gigabyte HD 7750 OC. It too plays Crysis 3 (at low settings) at 1080p with smooth game play with the PhII.

    If you are referring to the Phenom II I have in my other system, yes it is OC'd. It started out life as a Phenom II X2 B59. The 2 dormant cores turned out to be stable when unlocked. So, I gave it a slight overclock to 3.74GHZ and never took it any higher. I didn't want to press my luck. So it is now roughly equivalent to the old Phenom II X4 980BE.


    goku1234567890 said:
    Well if you never were asked for those problems or never read the reviews on newegg than i can't say nothing. I have atleast answered 5 threads that i remember in which hd 7xxx cards were the culprit, i think one was 7850 another one was 7750 and can't remember the others. I not saying that he should not buy that card but i am telling him the risks, so that no one can say that this was suggested and this happened.


    Can u give me the review link? nobody told me about problems.

    clutchc said:
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Not if the galaxy GTX 750 is too wide. The HD 7750 is the next up in the performance ladder with the GT 640 close behind.
    As far as Galaxy shipping to the DR, you'd have to contact them.
    What is your processor? Your PSU?

    Btw, the cards you linked to were not low profile.


    275 W PSU ( for that am looking the 750GTX )
    Intel core duo E6600
    3GB Ram DDR2

    When i finish looking for the GPU will be like this:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
    4GB Ram DDR2
    HD 7750 ( i want to see if there is something better )



    Unless that is a hefty 275W PSU with a strong +12V rail, I would avoid the GTX 750 TI anyway. Maybe the GTX 750... maybe. It will depend on the amp and watt rating of your PSU's +12V rail. I imagine it is a TFX size PSU.


    So, i only can use the 7750. :(
    Thanks!


    Something else: did u overclock you processor?

    You can probably live with the stock GTX 750. But it is going to be close when the card is stressed. The HD 7750 would be the better choice unless you want to upgrade your PSU. As far as the "warning" about the HD 7750, all I can say is... that it is Bull___t. IMO That is one of the best low end, most solid AMD cards available. I have had and built with quite a few of them. Never a single issue. And I know of no one who has had an issue with it. I still have one I keep on hand for testing. Gigabyte HD 7750 OC. It too plays Crysis 3 (at low settings) at 1080p with smooth game play with the PhII.

    If you are referring to the Phenom II I have in my other system, yes it is OC'd. It started out life as a Phenom II X2 B59. The 2 dormant cores turned out to be stable when unlocked. So, I gave it a slight overclock to 3.74GHZ and never took it any higher. I didn't want to press my luck. So it is now roughly equivalent to the old Phenom II X4 980BE.


    Well, the 7750 is the best thing that i can buy, no?
  17. Just read all of the reviews posted in the following and start by low rating. I don't read the low ratings of the cards and from my experience this card causes some serious problems.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125419
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121633
  18. goku1234567890 said:
    Just read all of the reviews posted in the following and start by low rating. I don't read the low ratings of the cards and from my experience this card causes some serious problems.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125419
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121633



    The GTX 650 wont fit in my Case, and there are some bads and good reviews from those cards. Now am worried .-.
  19. normally i don't worry about bad reviews that much cause pretty much there are only some of the defected cards. but in the above links there are i think max 15 comments and most of them are bad and have serious problems. Look i am not forcing you not to take that card i am telling you to tread carefully. That's it.
  20. goku1234567890 said:
    normally i don't worry about bad reviews that much cause pretty much there are only some of the defected cards. but in the above links there are i think max 15 comments and most of them are bad and have serious problems. Look i am not forcing you not to take that card i am telling you to tread carefully. That's it.


    So, wich is the best GPU? i know that i cant change de PSU, so what?
  21. Always take the reviews from Newegg owners with the proverbial grain of salt. Most folks that have no problems never complain. Just those that have problems. And most of those are probably self-caused issues. The HD 7750 has been around since the dawn of the 7000 series. And the "new" R7-250 is a weak re-badging of same. Go with the GT 640 if you're squeamish.
  22. Yeah GT 640 is a good idea.
  23. clutchc said:
    Always take the reviews from Newegg owners with the proverbial grain of salt. Most folks that have no problems never complain. Just those that have problems. And most of those are probably self-caused issues. The HD 7750 has been around since the dawn of the 7000 series. And the "new" R7-250 is a weak re-badging of same. Go with the GT 640 if you're squeamish.



    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7750-vs-GeForce-GT-640

    Look at the reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RLHFQ6/ref=gno_cart_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  24. You should buy it, you seem very tempted by it. if any problems appear we will help you .Cheers :)
  25. goku1234567890 said:
    You should buy it, you seem very tempted by it. if any problems appear we will help you .Cheers :)


    Ok, thanks

    Amazon can ship to Dominican Republic?
  26. Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Always take the reviews from Newegg owners with the proverbial grain of salt. Most folks that have no problems never complain. Just those that have problems. And most of those are probably self-caused issues. The HD 7750 has been around since the dawn of the 7000 series. And the "new" R7-250 is a weak re-badging of same. Go with the GT 640 if you're squeamish.



    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7750-vs-GeForce-GT-640

    Look at the reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RLHFQ6/ref=gno_cart_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER


    That would be the way to go.
    Is this what you are running into for a space problem? http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3515/6864.Optiplex775HD7750-TOP.jpg
  27. clutchc said:
    Jonathan Paniagua Nolasco said:
    clutchc said:
    Always take the reviews from Newegg owners with the proverbial grain of salt. Most folks that have no problems never complain. Just those that have problems. And most of those are probably self-caused issues. The HD 7750 has been around since the dawn of the 7000 series. And the "new" R7-250 is a weak re-badging of same. Go with the GT 640 if you're squeamish.



    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7750-vs-GeForce-GT-640

    Look at the reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RLHFQ6/ref=gno_cart_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER


    That would be the way to go.
    Is this what you are running into for a space problem? http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3515/6864.Optiplex775HD7750-TOP.jpg


    Yes, that one SFF: Small.Form Factor
  28. basically i had all the casings of dell optiplex 755 from sff had geforce 210 in it, upgraded to desktop ran into space problem again, transferred it to tower card was touching the heat sink of processor , i got really annoyed and bought a atx casing with motherboard and got it rid of all the things for life. In short your graphic card will probably run a little hotter but will not go above 70 to 75C. If can atleat transfer to atx casing i tell you, you won't regret it ever.
  29. goku1234567890 said:
    basically i had all the casings of dell optiplex 755 from sff had geforce 210 in it, upgraded to desktop ran into space problem again, transferred it to tower card was touching the heat sink of processor , i got really annoyed and bought a atx casing with motherboard and got it rid of all the things for life. In short your graphic card will probably run a little hotter but will not go above 70 to 75C. If can atleat transfer to atx casing i tell you, you won't regret it ever.



    I have 290$ dolar (i dont have a job, am only 15 .-.) i spent the other un RAM and in a GPU ( they cheat me :c )

    What i can do with that?
  30. Yeah salesman have a tendency to manipulate you to use your money and buy what they want, so i suggest always ask here or someone you trust and always stick with that. And don't do anything else, even if they tell you can get something good first ask and than buy. Happened to me 5 times but we all learn from our mistakes:

    Here are the things you need: ($5 extra are required, if you extract $5 from doing household choirs or some other work that would be great cause these are the best quality things you can get for that budget)
    Casing
    Power Supply
    Motherboard
    Graphic Card.
  31. And if you can't afford those $5 dollars than get the second hand casing from ebay or amazon, only casing. You can't risk second hand power supply, motherboard or graphic card.
  32. goku1234567890 said:
    Yeah salesman have a tendency to manipulate you to use your money and buy what they want, so i suggest always ask here or someone you trust and always stick with that. And don't do anything else, even if they tell you can get something good first ask and than buy. Happened to me 5 times but we all learn from our mistakes:

    Here are the things you need: ($5 extra are required, if you extract $5 from doing household choirs or some other work that would be great cause these are the best quality things you can get for that budget)
    Casing
    Power Supply
    Motherboard
    Graphic Card.


    I need international shipping , newegg cant send me that to my country :l
  33. OK can you try finding these components in your neighborhood shops, or some mall.
  34. goku1234567890 said:
    OK can you try finding these components in your neighborhood shops, or some mall.


    i will try to find them in amazon (Y), so my my hard drive, dvd unit and the others thing will fit in that?
  35. Your Ram, hard drive, processor will fit in that motherboard but the dvd rom can't be used since SFF use a laptop dvd rom.
  36. goku1234567890 said:
    Your Ram, hard drive, processor will fit in that motherboard but the dvd rom can't be used since SFF use a laptop dvd rom.


    Man, i have to update my BIOS? i will change my processor to a Q9300
  37. If you are changing to core 2 quad than you have to update the BIOS. It is not a big fuss, updating the BIOS of Dell is easy. Just go to their site enter your service tag download dell system detect and install it, than let the site scan use Dell system detect and it will tell you the drivers you need. There should a BIOS category go to it and download the A22 bios version which i think is the latest one.
  38. goku1234567890 said:
    If you are changing to core 2 quad than you have to update the BIOS. It is not a big fuss, updating the BIOS of Dell is easy. Just go to their site enter your service tag download dell system detect and install it, than let the site scan use Dell system detect and it will tell you the drivers you need. There should a BIOS category go to it and download the A22 bios version which i think is the latest one.


    But that before or after install the processor?
  39. Before installation of the new processor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Graphics Cards Dell Systems