7950 Overclock 24/7 Load

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey guys, I have a sapphire 7950, oc'd to 1100 core 1600 ram, at a vddc of 1137 and mvddc of 1600 respectively. I use it for gaming and mining. The temps on the core usually run at about 70c when mining. I am wondering if this is ok for a 24/7 load application. Fans usually run in the 70% area. I am mostly concerned with the ram. I know any sort of overclocking shortens a cards life, but this card is mostly underclocked, but I am still worried about how its life will be effected (especially the ram.) If anyone has insight it would be greatly appreaciated.

Solution
Fastest way to shorten the life of any chip is to over volt it.
Running 24/7 isn't too much of a problem for the electronics, nor is a constant high temperature, the big killer is the cool-hot-cool cycle which causes eventual metal fatigue in the soldered joints and failure.
Running 24/ is bad news for the fans, though they're simple devices with a long, but limited, life so keep a close eye on their function.
Fastest way to shorten the life of any chip is to over volt it.
Running 24/7 isn't too much of a problem for the electronics, nor is a constant high temperature, the big killer is the cool-hot-cool cycle which causes eventual metal fatigue in the soldered joints and failure.
Running 24/ is bad news for the fans, though they're simple devices with a long, but limited, life so keep a close eye on their function.

Solution