Solved

Graphics Card Compatibility [Low budget]

Hello there,

My current rig consists of

Intel i5 2400 3.10GHz processor
Asus P8H61-MLX motherboard
4gb DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
Cooler Master CLM 311 BLACK case
SMPS COOLER MASTER 450W
Zotac 1GB 210 DDR3 Graphics card

My only regret with this pc which I had purchased 3 years ago is the graphics card and I might finally have the opportunity to change it. My budget isn't much (can go to a maximum of 110$). I was look at the Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 graphics card. So the question I had was, will my current rig even support such a graphics card? The price I'm getting it now is at 122$ which is a little above my budget but I'm considering it. Will it go with my setup?
The usage of my desktop is mainly for gaming. I'm not looking to play stuff like Battlefield 4 and stuff on high settings but I'd like to play games like CS:GO, Dota2, Batman series, Assasin's Creed series, and those other popular games on good enough settings. So will this graphics card go with my setup?
Other card suggestions within my budget and which will go with my current setup are welcomed.
Oh and I have a HP 1702 monitor.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
23 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card compatibility low budget
  1. The graphics card length is no problem. I'd really say for the money spend a little more for a lot better performance. For 150 bucks, you can this 750 Ti, which Newegg is having a deal on for 140 bucks:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

    But for 30 more dollars, the R9 270 will outperform the 750 Ti, if you can't go up for it, go for the 750 Ti for 20 bucks more you won't regret it.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9270gaming2g

    Edit- There's also the regular 750 which has 1 gig of ram vs the 2 in the Ti version:

    http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-01G-P4-2751-KR/dp/B00IDG3NDY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  2. Thank you for your quick response! But, I am from India. And I don't seem to find that over here. Any other suggestions?
  3. InH4te said:
    Thank you for your quick response! But, I am from India. And I don't seem to find that over here. Any other suggestions?

    Since you can't find the gtx 750, you can try the amd r7 260. But I will recommend searching a bit and see if you find a gtx 750. They are really good cards.
  4. NinjaPenguin1 said:
    InH4te said:
    Thank you for your quick response! But, I am from India. And I don't seem to find that over here. Any other suggestions?

    Since you can't find the gtx 750, you can try the amd r7 260. But I will recommend searching a bit and see if you find a gtx 750. They are really good cards.



    I am able to find the ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 750 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card. What's up with all these different companies producing the same card. This one seems to come to 151$. Is it really that much better than the 7770?
  5. Quote:
    I am able to find the ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 750 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card. What's up with all these different companies producing the same card. This one seems to come to 151$. Is it really that much better than the 7770?

    For 30$ yeah it's worth it. The gtx 750 is quite faster than the 7770, but as Diox said you could spend 30 more to get an r9 270 which crushes the gtx 750. It is you choice, but i would have gone for the r9 270.
  6. NinjaPenguin1 said:
    For 30$ yeah it's worth it. The gtx 750 is quite faster than the 7770, but as Diox said you could spend 30 more to get an r9 270 which crushes the gtx 750. It is you choice, but i would have gone for the r9 270.


    Argh. Seems extremely tempting. But that's way way above my budget. I shall try my best though.
    Will these gtx 750 and r9 270 run any game at it's highest?
  7. InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:
    For 30$ yeah it's worth it. The gtx 750 is quite faster than the 7770, but as Diox said you could spend 30 more to get an r9 270 which crushes the gtx 750. It is you choice, but i would have gone for the r9 270.


    Argh. Seems extremely tempting. But that's way way above my budget. I shall try my best though.
    Will these gtx 750 and r9 270 run any game at it's highest?

    The 750 will probably run most games at medium high settings, as the 270 will run most games at high, some even at ultra. So my recommendation is to save up some money and go for the 270. Trust me, it will be worth it.
  8. NinjaPenguin1 said:

    The 750 will probably run most games at medium high settings, as the 270 will run most games at high, some even at ultra. So my recommendation is to save up some money and go for the 270. Trust me, it will be worth it.


    My, my. This is so over my budget. Parents are not going to be happy. But I am very grateful for all your responses.
    One last thing. Would you recommend the MSI or the Sapphire version of th R9 270? And it does go with my motherboard and other stuff right?
  9. InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    The 750 will probably run most games at medium high settings, as the 270 will run most games at high, some even at ultra. So my recommendation is to save up some money and go for the 270. Trust me, it will be worth it.


    My, my. This is so over my budget. Parents are not going to be happy. But I am very grateful for all your responses.
    One last thing. Would you recommend the MSI or the Sapphire version of th R9 270? And it does go with my motherboard and other stuff right?

    I would recommend the MSI version of the r9 270. But I just noticed that if you want to go for the 270 you should probably upgrade your psu. And since it is already over your budget i would recommend instead of going for the 270, go for the 750 ti. It is still a good card and a BEAST of an overclocker, most reviewers overclocked their cards to 1400 core!
    So if you want the 270, you will have to buy a new psu :(
    Sorry for not noticing it before.
  10. NinjaPenguin1 said:

    I would recommend the MSI version of the r9 270. But I just noticed that if you want to go for the 270 you should probably upgrade your psu. And since it is already over your budget i would recommend instead of going for the 270, go for the 750 ti. It is still a good card and a BEAST of an overclocker, most reviewers overclocked their cards to 1400 core!
    So if you want the 270, you will have to buy a new psu :(
    Sorry for not noticing it before.


    It's cool man. Hmm. Why do I find the ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 750TI 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card coming to like 400$ :s.. But you guys are saying that 7770 is out of the picture completely right? I was looking for a card below 170$
  11. Best answer
    InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    I would recommend the MSI version of the r9 270. But I just noticed that if you want to go for the 270 you should probably upgrade your psu. And since it is already over your budget i would recommend instead of going for the 270, go for the 750 ti. It is still a good card and a BEAST of an overclocker, most reviewers overclocked their cards to 1400 core!
    So if you want the 270, you will have to buy a new psu :(
    Sorry for not noticing it before.


    It's cool man. Hmm. Why do I find the ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 750TI 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card coming to like 400$ :s.. But you guys are saying that 7770 is out of the picture completely right? I was looking for a card below 170$

    400$ for a 750 ti????? Thats a rip off!! If you post a link to the website you are looking at, I might get chrome to translate it.
  12. NinjaPenguin1 said:
    InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    I would recommend the MSI version of the r9 270. But I just noticed that if you want to go for the 270 you should probably upgrade your psu. And since it is already over your budget i would recommend instead of going for the 270, go for the 750 ti. It is still a good card and a BEAST of an overclocker, most reviewers overclocked their cards to 1400 core!
    So if you want the 270, you will have to buy a new psu :(
    Sorry for not noticing it before.


    It's cool man. Hmm. Why do I find the ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 750TI 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card coming to like 400$ :s.. But you guys are saying that 7770 is out of the picture completely right? I was looking for a card below 170$

    400$ for a 750 ti????? Thats a rip off!! If you post a link to the website you are looking at, I might get chrome to translate it.


    Heh. It's all in English don't worry. You just have to convert the currency. See. It says the ZOTAC 750ti is 400$ but the MSI one is much lower. Here's the link to the 400$ thing :http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia-gtx-750ti-2-gb-ddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdtth6ymguyapq?pid=GRCDTTH6YMGUYAPQ&otracker=search&pageNum=1&query=750ti
  13. InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:
    InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    I would recommend the MSI version of the r9 270. But I just noticed that if you want to go for the 270 you should probably upgrade your psu. And since it is already over your budget i would recommend instead of going for the 270, go for the 750 ti. It is still a good card and a BEAST of an overclocker, most reviewers overclocked their cards to 1400 core!
    So if you want the 270, you will have to buy a new psu :(
    Sorry for not noticing it before.


    It's cool man. Hmm. Why do I find the ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 750TI 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card coming to like 400$ :s.. But you guys are saying that 7770 is out of the picture completely right? I was looking for a card below 170$

    400$ for a 750 ti????? Thats a rip off!! If you post a link to the website you are looking at, I might get chrome to translate it.


    Heh. It's all in English don't worry. You just have to convert the currency. See. It says the ZOTAC 750ti is 400$ but the MSI one is much lower. Here's the link to the 400$ thing :http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia-gtx-750ti-2-gb-ddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdtth6ymguyapq?pid=GRCDTTH6YMGUYAPQ&otracker=search&pageNum=1&query=750ti

    Sorry i have been busy, so I first got time to respond now. Out of what i have seen on flipkart you have three options within, or a little bit above your budget:

    First the 7770, with that you won't have to wait for restock. It is 10 fps slower than the 750ti in most games at 1080p, but it comes at a price of 123$.

    Second is the 750ti, with this one you have to wait for it to restock. It is about 10fps faster in most games at 1080p, but it comes at i higher price of 197$.

    And third is the650ti, this card as the 7770 is in stock. It is around 5 fps slower than the 750 ti in most games at 1080p, but it comes at a price of 163$.

    Personally I would save up some money and wait for the 750 ti to get restocked. It is a better card overall. It saves a LOT on the power bill, with it's new features. And since it runs so cold you can overclock it to almost 1400 core which will give at least 5 fps boost. Remember this is just my opinion, feel free to choose yourself. .
  14. NinjaPenguin1 said:

    Sorry i have been busy, so I first got time to respond now. Out of what i have seen on flipkart you have three options within, or a little bit above your budget:

    First the 7770, with that you won't have to wait for restock. It is 10 fps slower than the 750ti in most games at 1080p, but it comes at a price of 123$.

    Second is the 750ti, with this one you have to wait for it to restock. It is about 10fps faster in most games at 1080p, but it comes at i higher price of 197$.

    And third is the650ti, this card as the 7770 is in stock. It is around 5 fps slower than the 750 ti in most games at 1080p, but it comes at a price of 163$.

    Personally I would save up some money and wait for the 750 ti to get restocked. It is a better card overall. It saves a LOT on the power bill, with it's new features. And since it runs so cold you can overclock it to almost 1400 core which will give at least 5 fps boost. Remember this is just my opinion, feel free to choose yourself. .


    Woah. Thanks for looking through. It seems interesting. I'll try to check out some local shops around here for this to see if I can get it at a better price. Saving up and waiting for Flipkart to restock might not be the best idea because their restock most of the time means discontinued.
    They all seem very good. If I had the choice I would go for the 750ti as you recommended. You speak of playing at 1080p. But my monitor would have to support that right? I've got a HP 1702 monitor.
  15. InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    Sorry i have been busy, so I first got time to respond now. Out of what i have seen on flipkart you have three options within, or a little bit above your budget:

    First the 7770, with that you won't have to wait for restock. It is 10 fps slower than the 750ti in most games at 1080p, but it comes at a price of 123$.

    Second is the 750ti, with this one you have to wait for it to restock. It is about 10fps faster in most games at 1080p, but it comes at i higher price of 197$.

    And third is the650ti, this card as the 7770 is in stock. It is around 5 fps slower than the 750 ti in most games at 1080p, but it comes at a price of 163$.

    Personally I would save up some money and wait for the 750 ti to get restocked. It is a better card overall. It saves a LOT on the power bill, with it's new features. And since it runs so cold you can overclock it to almost 1400 core which will give at least 5 fps boost. Remember this is just my opinion, feel free to choose yourself. .


    Woah. Thanks for looking through. It seems interesting. I'll try to check out some local shops around here for this to see if I can get it at a better price. Saving up and waiting for Flipkart to restock might not be the best idea because their restock most of the time means discontinued.
    They all seem very good. If I had the choice I would go for the 750ti as you recommended. You speak of playing at 1080p. But my monitor would have to support that right? I've got a HP 1702 monitor.


    I just sort of assumed you were using a 1080p monitor. The one you have only support a resolution of 1280 x 1024. With that resolution the 7770 will fit perfect. The lower screen resolution means less pixels, and less pixels means more fps and higher settings in games.
  16. NinjaPenguin1 said:

    I just sort of assumed you were using a 1080p monitor. The one you have only support a resolution of 1280 x 1024. With that resolution the 7770 will fit perfect. The lower screen resolution means less pixels, and less pixels means more fps and higher settings in games.


    Hmm. Interesting. So it all comes down to the 7770 in the end eh. Heh. Ironic. See, for the record, I won't be playing any of those battlefield 4s and those kind of high demanding games. I mainly play stuff like CS:GO and Dota2 and stuff like that. And MMORPGs. At the most I'll play some Crysis 3 maybe. Even in that, If I am able to get some smooth gameplay, a little 5fps here and there won't make too much of a difference to me. On my current graphics card, CS:GO I have to run on 800x600 resolution and even then it frames. And for Dota2, I have to play it on that resolution too to be able to play it at decent frames and this makes everything so small that I can barely see any details and thus destroying the fun of the game.
    So what say? Is it the 7770 itself that matches my requirements? I won't be able to play at a 1080p anyway right.
    Btw, I am very grateful for all your help, mate.
  17. InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    I just sort of assumed you were using a 1080p monitor. The one you have only support a resolution of 1280 x 1024. With that resolution the 7770 will fit perfect. The lower screen resolution means less pixels, and less pixels means more fps and higher settings in games.


    Hmm. Interesting. So it all comes down to the 7770 in the end eh. Heh. Ironic. See, for the record, I won't be playing any of those battlefield 4s and those kind of high demanding games. I mainly play stuff like CS:GO and Dota2 and stuff like that. And MMORPGs. At the most I'll play some Crysis 3 maybe. Even in that, If I am able to get some smooth gameplay, a little 5fps here and there won't make too much of a difference to me. On my current graphics card, CS:GO I have to run on 800x600 resolution and even then it frames. And for Dota2, I have to play it on that resolution too to be able to play it at decent frames and this makes everything so small that I can barely see any details and thus destroying the fun of the game.
    So what say? Is it the 7770 itself that matches my requirements? I won't be able to play at a 1080p anyway right.
    Btw, I am very grateful for all your help, mate.

    np, and yes it is the 7770 that matches your requirements. But the only thing that is holding you back from 1080p is your monitor, and of course the gpu.
    But if you are going to buy a 1080 monitor(which i doubt) I would recommend buying the 750ti aswell. That brings the total cost of around 300$. Since your budget originally was 110 I bet that is a no no.

    Just go for the 7770, it is perfect for your needs.
  18. NinjaPenguin1 said:

    np, and yes it is the 7770 that matches your requirements. But the only thing that is holding you back from 1080p is your monitor, and of course the gpu.
    But if you are going to buy a 1080 monitor(which i doubt) I would recommend buying the 750ti aswell. That brings the total cost of around 300$. Since your budget originally was 110 I bet that is a no no.

    Just go for the 7770, it is perfect for your needs.



    Hmm. Seems right. Thank you for all your help. I will trust you completely when you say it's compatible with my PC. Oh and I would've voted this as the solution, but I don't know how your other reply got chosen as the solution.

    Thanks again mate!
  19. One last thing, mate. Hows the GTX650 in comparison to the HD 7770. I saw some gaming cafe here with that and the games were pretty smooth there but the price of the two seems to be almost the same?
  20. InH4te said:
    One last thing, mate. Hows the GTX650 in comparison to the HD 7770. I saw some gaming cafe here with that and the games were pretty smooth there but the price of the two seems to be almost the same?

    The 7770 is a bit faster
  21. NinjaPenguin1 said:

    The 7770 is a bit faster


    I don't mean to doubt you but doesn't the GTX have a slightly faster clock speed than the 7770? I still will go for the 7770 itself but just for knowledge purposes.
    Also, I am finally going for this. Cool right?
  22. InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    The 7770 is a bit faster


    I don't mean to doubt you but doesn't the GTX have a slightly faster clock speed than the 7770? I still will go for the 7770 itself but just for knowledge purposes.
    Also, I am finally going for this. Cool right?

    Yeah that is the same card as the one i looked at. And i guess the reason for why the 7770 is a bit faster is because it is faster per clock. As an example the gtx 750ti overclocked to 1400mhz would still not be faster than a 780 clocked at 900mhz. You should always look at the benchmarks of the card you are looking at, not just trust the specs. Unless it is the same model, like a 7770 clocked at 900mhz and another clocked at 1000mhz, in that case the one with higher clocks will be faster than the other.
  23. NinjaPenguin1 said:
    InH4te said:
    NinjaPenguin1 said:

    The 7770 is a bit faster


    I don't mean to doubt you but doesn't the GTX have a slightly faster clock speed than the 7770? I still will go for the 7770 itself but just for knowledge purposes.
    Also, I am finally going for this. Cool right?

    Yeah that is the same card as the one i looked at. And i guess the reason for why the 7770 is a bit faster is because it is faster per clock. As an example the gtx 750ti overclocked to 1400mhz would still not be faster than a 780 clocked at 900mhz. You should always look at the benchmarks of the card you are looking at, not just trust the specs. Unless it is the same model, like a 7770 clocked at 900mhz and another clocked at 1000mhz, in that case the one with higher clocks will be faster than the other.


    OK, HELP. I bought the card. But I open my case to see that my PSU is a RS-400-PSAR-13 . The bill said 450W so i just posted that as my spec. But this is the PSU. Will it still run?... Oh crap oh crap oh crap. I haven't plugged the graphics card in, but can I?

    EDIT : Plugged it in out of excitement :p.. Working like a charm. Installed the drivers and tried it out on a few games. Working amazingly. Just for the record, will it give me any problems for what I've done?
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Graphics Cards Compatibility Graphics