$1250 Gaming PC

Solution
It should, yes. If it is mounted the same way as my T4, mounted vertically with the fan facing the rear exhaust, it should allow for all slots to be occupied by Corsair Vengeance. If it can only be mounted horizontally with the fan facing the top, which I doubt, probably not.

zAustin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Looks like a very nice build, my personal preferences however on the optical drive would be Asus, and for memory, Corsair Vengeance.

What kind of games will you be playing, by the way? My EVGA SC 4GB FTW 760 plays high-end titles very nicely.

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014

FPS games(COD, CRISIS, Farcry)
Skyrim, Bioshock

My owrry is that corsair vengence is too large for hyper 212 and it isnt red like my RAM. Is there anything wrong with my ram or just aesthetic?

zAustin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
CoD is a very easy game to run, even the consoles can run the game above 100FPS, it's just not a very dynamic game; Crysis 3 is a difficult game to run, my 760 will run on High at typically 50FPS, it's almost impossible to get 60FPS on max settings without doing SLI or dropping nearly $1,000 on a GPU; Farcry is not too entirely hard to run, I would say pretty equivalent to BF4 in GPU-requirements, maybe a little more graphically intense.

I have the Cooler Master T4 at the moment (smaller version of the 212, same price as well I believe, $30) and it will fit with all 4 sticks of RAM. Since you're only using 2 sticks, and I believe for most motherboards, if you are only using 2 sticks for Dual-channel, is recommended to use slots 2 and 4 if you really want the Corsair Vengeance and don't really plan on upgrading to 16GB. You can get Vengeance in tons of different colors, the red color is right here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233180

Every gamer I know has, or really wants the Corsair Vengeance.

Also, other personal preference brands of mine for the GPU and PSU would be EVGA, and Asus for the motherboard. If budget constraints you, don't worry too much about it, it will run very nicely.

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014

Thanks! Will 2 sticks of vengence fit with my 212?

zAustin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
I'm not entirely sure, I have heard rumors about 4 sticks not fitting with a 212, the T4 is pretty much the exact same thing, except modified to fit with most RAM types. If you plan on sticking with 2 sticks, the 212 should fit fine with Corsair Vengeance if you place them in the slots 2 and 4. Right now my T4 is pulling the hot air and blowing towards the rear exhaust, so I have several inches of clearance from my RAM. When I placed it facing my top exhaust, it was pretty close to my RAM but I think it would have fit.

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014

Thanks! Are slots 2 and 4 recommended or 1 and 2? Why is vengence so good? I could always get vengence lp but don't know it it is red

zAustin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
My Asus motherboard for instance prefers if you are using only 2 sticks, to use slots 2 and 4. Vengeance has heat spreaders to dissipate the heat, reliable performance, and is typically the most sought-after brand amongst gamers

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014

So if I use 2 and 4 even though the spreaders are tall they should fit with hyper 212 evo

BTW thanks a lot!

zAustin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
It should, yes. If it is mounted the same way as my T4, mounted vertically with the fan facing the rear exhaust, it should allow for all slots to be occupied by Corsair Vengeance. If it can only be mounted horizontally with the fan facing the top, which I doubt, probably not.

Solution

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014

Thanks!!