Best 780 Ti? 780 Ti coolers? Please help me :(

NCPereira

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Hey everyone!

I'm building a new machine with a 780 Ti but I don't know which card to get :S

My favourite are Asus and Gigabyte, but I've heard EVGA is very good as well.

At first I was thinking about getting an Asus GTX 780 Ti OC because I read the Direct CU II cooler was the best. However, that card's base clock is only 954 MHz.

I then checked the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified w/ EVGA ACX Cooler, which is 1020 MHz base clock, but how good is the ACX cooler?

Any other options?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Really just go for the ASUS if you feel like it too, you will suffer 1-5% lower fps compared to maybe the EVGA, but for those 1-5%, you'll get a heck of a silent & cool looking cooler. ;)

Wouldn't go Gigabyte really, go for MSI, ASUS & EVGA for Nvidia.

NiCoM

Honorable
Really just go for the ASUS if you feel like it too, you will suffer 1-5% lower fps compared to maybe the EVGA, but for those 1-5%, you'll get a heck of a silent & cool looking cooler. ;)

Wouldn't go Gigabyte really, go for MSI, ASUS & EVGA for Nvidia.

Solution

NCPereira

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

How much better is the DCUII than the ACX? Because I was looking for the best performance and unless it's really much better, I would rather go for the best performance.

NiCoM

Honorable

Well, it really also depends on price, where i live, the EVGA's are always found in the top of the pricelist, as the most expensive cards, the ACX cooler is pretty good, though its beaten by the MSI & ASUS in my opinion. (because they run quieter)

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I have the EVGA 780 Ti w/ ACX and I never hear my video card. Noise levels are irrelevant on these cards I think. The ACX coolers do a great job as well. Recently it has been 32C+ ambient where I live, and the card was hovering around 56C while gaming.

I think the ASUS is considered to be able to overclock slightly more, but the EVGA comes with the best customer service should you ever need to RMA.