i7 930 to 3.8-4.0 Ghz

Shadowthe

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to overclock my i7 to 4 Ghz, I have a Asus P6X58D-E and a Artic Cooling Freezer 13 With 12 Gb of Crucial Ballistix Elites. Could one of you kindly suggest settings for a Overclock? Thanks.

Solution
You need to follow a guide. Each chip behaves differently which is why it's not that easy. It's also not that hard but requires time, effort, and patience. If you aren't patient then overclocking may not be for you. You can try using a software suite to quick overclock but it will tend to heat your system up more than if you manually overclock.
Start simple, see what your chip can do. It may or may not be able to hit your desired OC. It may be a great overclocker; it all depends whether you won the intel chip lottery or not. I'm about to sleep but if you remind me I'll see what guides I can find out there that may be of help to you if any. In the mean time google your chip and mobo and see if there's someone out there who wrote a good...

jnewegger23

Distinguished
You need to follow a guide. Each chip behaves differently which is why it's not that easy. It's also not that hard but requires time, effort, and patience. If you aren't patient then overclocking may not be for you. You can try using a software suite to quick overclock but it will tend to heat your system up more than if you manually overclock.
Start simple, see what your chip can do. It may or may not be able to hit your desired OC. It may be a great overclocker; it all depends whether you won the intel chip lottery or not. I'm about to sleep but if you remind me I'll see what guides I can find out there that may be of help to you if any. In the mean time google your chip and mobo and see if there's someone out there who wrote a good detailed guide for you to follow. Sometimes you are lucky enough to even get full videos. Have fun!

Thanks,

Justin S.

Solution