Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Low gtx770 Bench. after gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 5, 2014 8:25:47 PM

After playing bf4 or titanfall, my unigene valley fps goes from 48 to 30! The performance drop has been an issue and I've done mucho toubleshooting; shoudl I RMA the card? It also has began to perform very poorly in bf4...

More about : low gtx770 bench gaming

a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2014 8:28:29 PM

After playing, it may throttle down because of the temp. That's regular.
But you should RMA the card since it's not working in BF4, which isn't the best sign.
m
0
l
May 5, 2014 8:30:46 PM

The temps were fine; and do you think Gigabyte would approve the RMA if I explain the issue? My average bf4 fps dropped like 15-20 from what it used to be, but I got such a nice overclock I don't want to send it away :( 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2014 8:32:05 PM

before doing an RMA I suggest you look at the temps when the performance is dropping to see if it is throttling. If it is not throttling then do an RMA if it is throttling then download a program and set a higher fan curve to push more air threw the GPU and see if that helps. If it does not help do an RMA for overheating.
m
0
l
May 5, 2014 8:34:15 PM

bgunner said:
before doing an RMA I suggest you look at the temps when the performance is dropping to see if it is throttling. If it is not throttling then do an RMA if it is throttling then download a program and set a higher fan curve to push more air threw the GPU and see if that helps. If it does not help do an RMA for overheating.


So after playing a graphic intensive game, it locks my benchmark's fps at 30! The tems are under 60, and I have a custom fan curve already; I feel like it's a setting that throttles it because it is a solid cap at 30 during the valley test.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2014 8:41:54 PM

Turn off Vsync in valley and try again. Valley's Vsync locks the FPS to 30 and not 60 like other Vsync settings. Just tried it on my system and learned this.
m
0
l
May 5, 2014 8:45:05 PM

V-sync is off, but I realized that the fps drop only occurs when I start benchmarking; if I just let it play it's normal...
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2014 8:54:11 PM

In Nvidia's control pannel do you have it set to force Vsync on? I really think it is an issue with Vsync.
m
0
l
May 5, 2014 8:56:33 PM

bgunner said:
In Nvidia's control pannel do you have it set to force Vsync on? I really think it is an issue with Vsync.


I checked, and it's set to "use app.'s settings"

I ran Heaven instead, and just surpassed my previous best by over 200. Wtf is going on with this card lol
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2014 8:58:59 PM

OK try a complete uninstall of valley and reinstall. This may fix the issue but if not, I'm out of Ideas on what could force the program to a 30 FPS other than a Vsync being applied.
Share
May 5, 2014 9:00:52 PM

bgunner said:
OK try a complete uninstall of valley and reinstall. This may fix the issue but if not, I'm out of Ideas on what could force the program to a 30 FPS other than a Vsync being applied.


I'll do that tomorrow and give you the benefit of the doubt assuming it will work. lol
m
0
l
!