Solved

HELP! PC Wont boot up!

Hey guys,

Lurker here, had to sign up because I can't seem to solve this problem on my own. Always been able to but...oh well.

So I just recently upgraded my PC.

I had one of those "barebone" tigerdirect kits, my PC WAS

AMD FX-4350
Radeon HD 6450 OEM
4gbx2 ADATA DDR3
Cooler master cooling (don't remember the model)
Thermaltake 500w
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
Toshiba 1 GB HDD
\


So anyways, after extensive searching etc, I realized how trash those "bonus" GPU's they give you are, so I've upgraded. Prior to upgrading, computer boots fine no problems etc.

About 2 weeks ago, purchased a "new but opened" HD 7770 1GB but when i tried to put it in, failed miserably (not sure if I need to mention this). It would only boot up in SAFE MODE on the lowest resolution, even after being installed with the drivers, and consistently had green bars on my monitor (which runs fine, before, and even till yesterday). Anyways, returned it.

Bought soime upgrades, and here is the NEW specs for my PC

AMD FX-4350
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
4GB ADATA DDR3 x2
Cooler Master Cooling
Corsair CS650m (bought Sunday brandnew from a reliable PC store)
XFX Radeon R7 260x 2GB DDR5 bought yesterday as well from the same store same day
I run windows 7 64 bit ( no idea on the SP i think 1 maybe?)


Basically, put everything in and it didn't boot up, had single + 3 short beeps, realizing its \VGA, found out that it was because I had plugged the cable into the secondary (i think) port, but anyways, used the other primary? port and it worked. PC turned on instantly, one single regular beep (didnt seem long to me), and whole PC started up great. Just like before.

Now problem is, I went to turn it on today, and it won't start.

From yesterday, all fans running fine, i NEVER OC, the only thing I did was set the CCC for a particular game to be 2x for Anti-Aliasing instead of the regular "Use application standard". Otherwise, I left the system settings the same actually.

Today, the fans spin, single beep, USB mouse lights up, but no display on monitor, keyboard doesn't light up. I swapped the mouse/keyboard USB thinking maybe the USB port was broken, but mouse lights up on both. Only thing is, nothing appears on screen and I actually don't even get a message saying no signal.

I have no idea what's going on. Prior to today, yesterday night, the computer seemed working fine. I rebooted it a few times last night and it turned back on, no problems no long load times nothing, but didn't work today. I don't think there was any storm or anything, and PC was powered off anyways.

I've read about PSu problems, but this is a brand new and Corsair (heard its good) so I have no idea what could be the problem.

Lights turn on (the green light), and the blue light turns on. What I noticed was, before I upgraded, i never saw any red flashing light (i think that might be HDD working), but it was working fine, yesterday i saw it come on flashing some, then today when i booted it (to me) theres no red lgiht) but that could be the DVD drive maybe?

TL:dr: Upgraded my PC, worked last night, but after turning it off last night and turning it on today, nothing appears on monitor (does not say no input signal), mouse lights (on the mouse) light up, but keyboard does not (swapped ports and both ports seem to work). PSU/GPU brand new, fans spinning, one single regular beep on boot, green lights on MOBO, checked (i think thoroughly) and nothing seems loose (modular cables, power cables etc). No errors last night when installing the GPU.
36 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wont boot
  1. If it was the PSU, it wouldn't do anything. My bet is that one of the cables are loose. Try disconnecting and reconnecting them, and making sure the designated cables are being used for the right thing. The monitor not working could be that the display cable isn't plugged in properly or not in the right port or that the cable for the GPU isn't plugged in. Try that and see if it works.
  2. Aspire77360 said:
    If it was the PSU, it wouldn't do anything. My bet is that one of the cables are loose. Try disconnecting and reconnecting them, and making sure the designated cables are being used for the right thing. The monitor not working could be that the display cable isn't plugged in properly or not in the right port or that the cable for the GPU isn't plugged in. Try that and see if it works.


    What do you mean by it wouldn't do anything?

    I tried pressing in all the cables firmly, they seem to be as in as they go. Im a bit paranoid about breaking my board or GPU or damaging things when pressing too hard as I don't know how hard and in they should go. But they seem to be in so that i can't just pull them out.

    I thought too that maybe the connecter to the HDD was out but I tried to press it in it didn't seem to work.

    Is my PSU okay? I don't get it, could one part be bad and one part be fine, or would a PSU either be all okay or all not okay?

    As for the monitor cable, it hasn't been moved. I had it plugged into the blue colored port (the first one or the top one) and it was fine yesterday, never touched it but it still isn't working. Are you saying I should switch to the second one?

    But my keyboard isn't lighting up either.

    I'll try pressing the cables in again, or do i need to disconnect/reconnect? And which ones then?
  3. You say about the blue monitor cable, is it plugged into the GPU because most GPU's don't have VGA ports and a adapter has to be used for DVI to VGA. And in the most cases, a PSU is working or not, you don't usually find that all but one port works, but the cable could be broken.
  4. I like the part were he said ''new but open'' like is it an open box item ?? that's a risk right there it may not have worked for the first guy that had it and rma'ed and then resoled to you in the hopes you can get it to work.. so now do you know that that ''new but open'' part did not have a short in it and got something else on the board??

    I would go back to your old original parts that you know worked and booted fine and see if it still will.
  5. I would test your monitor on another computer. If it fails to say no signal then there is a problem there.
  6. Aspire77360 said:
    You say about the blue monitor cable, is it plugged into the GPU because most GPU's don't have VGA ports and a adapter has to be used for DVI to VGA. And in the most cases, a PSU is working or not, you don't usually find that all but one port works, but the cable could be broken.


    Well what I meant is, on my R7 260x, theres a "blue" colored DVI? (the one with dots and a line) and a "red" colored one, the red one being on the same "level" as the fan, the blue one on the "l;evel" with the actual hardware.

    So as of now actually my computer has booted, but it did not boot the first time, I had to restart it and then it did the single beep and loaded.

    I started windows checker, and it said it had resolved some error, but now my background image is just black, and the task bar is black etc (i can see all the icons, its just all the gray became black now)

    Everything is new, and because it booted up this time can I say that the PSU is fine? (not the PSU problem)

    What could it be then?
  7. americanbrian said:
    I would test your monitor on another computer. If it fails to say no signal then there is a problem there.


    Monitor works fine. What I meant to say was that there is an inconsistency it seems. As of now I'm replying on that very PC that had a problem this morning booting up (this morning, it did the single reg beep, then nothing on monitor [just black, no message], and keyboard wasnt lighting up, then on restart, keyboard lit up, but still a black monitor).

    Just now, on first boot no single beep, no keyboard lights, but mouse lights (LED on the mouse). On restart, beeps, loads up, and says that something about a recent hardware change may have prevented windows from loading up etc, and asked me to choose "normal startup" or "windows recvery" which i chose that, and it took me to some Startup Checker, and there it said it repaired something, saying some file in s ystem32 was "old" or something.

    I'm just worried that the error was caused by that other card (that I have no returned already). At the same time, when i DID try to system RESTORE [before installation of the card, mind you before I put this new one in, I had put back in the old hd6450 and no problems at all] it wouldn't let me, saying that it was unable to, even when i tried to go back a date further then when I had put in/installed that faulty card.
  8. I had a cards driver pull that with me and I had to jump through hoops to get it straight.... and it was also a amd card.. you need to remove the amd driver as fully as you can and to were when you reboot back to windows all the card has to run on is the built in to windows default driver and see if its good with that and then try to install the amd driver once more and retry..
  9. junkeymonkey said:
    I like the part were he said ''new but open'' like is it an open box item ?? that's a risk right there it may not have worked for the first guy that had it and rma'ed and then resoled to you in the hopes you can get it to work.. so now do you know that that ''new but open'' part did not have a short in it and got something else on the board??

    I would go back to your old original parts that you know worked and booted fine and see if it still will.


    yeah as I said I think (if not sorry), that new but open is the HD7770, my old is the HD 6450, and my newly purchased is the R7 260x from a reputable large computer store chain (and is brand new with a registrerd warranty etc).

    the thing i mentioned or why i mentioned it was because i was worried that installing that HD7770 messed with my pc.

    when i went to uninstall my 6450 to put the drivers for the r7 260x (with the r7 260x inserted and 6450 was out), said no AMD was installed, so I went ahead and put in the r7 260x drivers, it worked fine, or so it seemed anyways, and then that was that. (i had tried to put it in the "lower" [same level as fan] DVI the first time which is why i think it didnt "show" an image, when i put it in the "upper" (same level as the hardware part) DVI it worked fine and is now).

    only thing is, after i turned it off last night, and tried to boot it up this morning, BAM, doesnt work. i didnt change anything during my sleep, so nothing was "reconfigured".

    this morning on boot, first time, beeped and nothing on mon (no message either), and no keyboard lights, then when i booted it again it beeped and gave me keyboard lights, but still mon showed nothing, then i posted this.

    now...when i got home, same thing, turned on, NO beep, fans running...restarted it, PC beeped once regularly, then turned on, asked me to choose "Start Windows Normally" or to choose the Startup fixer or something (chose that), and it went to scan/fix, saying it successfully fixed some errored file in system32...ACL or something...

    and now, PC is on and im here replyinmg, but my background image is now gone, replaced by black, and my menu bar at the bottom is black...when i opened CCC, and "Speccy" both seemed to show my graphic card as r7 200 radeon series, and when i looked everything said "OK", even in device manager doesnt give me a !
  10. junkeymonkey said:
    I had a cards driver pull that with me and I had to jump through hoops to get it straight.... and it was also a amd card.. you need to remove the amd driver as fully as you can and to were when you reboot back to windows all the card has to run on is the built in to windows default driver and see if its good with that and then try to install the amd driver once more and retry..



    im not sure how to do that

    i dont think my MOBO has onboard graphics.

    did you want me to uninstall my current AMD graphics, then reboot and reinstall it again? (do i need to pull out, or can i just leave it in, like i said i dont think i have onboards)
  11. out of curiousity as well, would my PSU cables be affecitng my PC? what I mean is that since my case isnt very big, the cables are touching the PC parts, for example i have some fan on the back of my case being powered by my mobo, but the cable is slightly sitting on the XFX graphic card kinda on the edge....and the PSU cables, well even though its modular the distance between DVD drive and my SATA drive was too far, so i had to use two of those cables, as a result its a clump and they are touching on the top part of my HDD again slightly right on the edge...i asked and people said it doesnt matter...no the cables i don't think are touching the MOBO or the extra cooling heatsink or hitting any fan or anything like that..
  12. well for me it was a try but I will see if this will get you somewhere...

    lets get things back to scratch if we can .... go to add/remove programs and remove the cartds drivers .. and shut down [not restart] then discharge the computer and remove and install the card to insure it was seated properly.... then restart windows to safe mode... when your to desktop it should look all normal on the screem with the windows default display driver... then go to device manager and check the cards driver there to see that its is on win. default driver if so reboot normaly to desktop and it should still be the same as it was in safe mode and be using the default driver just like its the first time a card has been installed ... if not and it still an issue try to recheck device manager cards driver to see if it grabeb on to something that outher that windows... but if all looks good then install the amd driver and reboot as prompted.....

    JUST TO BE SURE DOWNLOAD THE AMD 13.12 DRIVER TO A FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP AND INSTALL THAT ONE don't know about the new 14.?? drivers yet so lets stick with something that's knowen to work well
  13. junkeymonkey said:
    well for me it was a try but I will see if this will get you somewhere...

    lets get things back to scratch if we can .... go to add/remove programs and remove the cartds drivers .. and shut down [not restart] then discharge the computer and remove and install the card to insure it was seated properly.... then restart windows to safe mode... when your to desktop it should look all normal on the screem with the windows default display driver... then go to device manager and check the cards driver there to see that its is on win. default driver if so reboot normaly to desktop and it should still be the same as it was in safe mode and be using the default driver just like its the first time a card has been installed ... if not and it still an issue try to recheck device manager cards driver to see if it grabeb on to something that outher that windows... but if all looks good then install the amd driver and reboot as prompted.....

    JUST TO BE SURE DOWNLOAD THE AMD 13.12 DRIVER TO A FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP AND INSTALL THAT ONE don't know about the new 14.?? drivers yet so lets stick with something that's knowen to work well


    anyway you could find it for me? i did not seem to be able to find it. the only thing AMD driver update thing is showing me is the 14.xx one.

    Also, what about the AMD Driver Wipe utility? any good before reinstalling my r7 260x?

    I heard that perhaps the GPU drivers is causing the weird problems
  14. any luck??
  15. junkeymonkey said:
    any luck??


    No luck so far, I reinstalled the drivers, used the driver wipe utility and reinstalled it...sorry for the late reply.

    Here's what happened...uninstalled with driver wipe...then rebooted and set VGA to 800x600 and it booted up perfectly fine...it had no problems and was saying VGA Standard Driver or something.

    Problem is, I installed the new driver...rebooted and same thing again. Now I'm not sure what happened, but I'll shoot this out maybe I can get help as well.

    I recently got this new PC...friend helped me to set it up...I think I might've (and him too) been a victim of fake Windows 7 Software. Why I say this is because I think this PC was set up sometime in February...and I'm not sure which came first or came together...I got some sort of windows 7 is not genuine...and these booting up problems started occuring with the installation of the new PSU and GPU. I've no idea if its the GPU or that message...but it comes up every now and then.

    I thought I had a real one, do i? I don't know...but what I know is that my school offers free legitimate Windows 7 OS Professional and Ultimate to students, so I've gone ahead and downloaded that...I've also gotten errors such as these:
    slui.exe are not proper 0x1f01df Old Value and
    "Windows is not Genuine 0xC004F057"

    If anyone can give me some help that'd be great. I thought mine was legitimate, but these boot up problems and errors started occuring with the new GPU installation...so I've no idea...is it my windows 7? or is it my GPU? should I reinstall the new Windows 7 I'm sure is 100% real? (From the school which is a big school)...please help guys, I might've been a victim of fake software :/ (friend charged me cheap but I guess thats what happens)
  16. Here's what happened...uninstalled with driver wipe...then rebooted and set VGA to 800x600 and it booted up perfectly fine...it had no problems and was saying VGA Standard Driver or something.....
    that's good

    about the windows if it booted to it and ran fine on the default drivers as you said it may be fine for now...

    student windows I think is limited and a lot is removed and is nowhere near a full copy so just watch out for that....

    ok try this ... get it back to this....VGA Standard Driver that you said was working ... then instead of installing the whole ccc package lets try a manual install[custom] and only choose to install the cards driver and nothing else just the cars driver un check the rest and install and see if it runs well on that alone .
  17. junkeymonkey said:
    Here's what happened...uninstalled with driver wipe...then rebooted and set VGA to 800x600 and it booted up perfectly fine...it had no problems and was saying VGA Standard Driver or something.....
    that's good

    about the windows if it booted to it and ran fine on the default drivers as you said it may be fine for now...

    student windows I think is limited and a lot is removed and is nowhere near a full copy so just watch out for that....

    ok try this ... get it back to this....VGA Standard Driver that you said was working ... then instead of installing the whole ccc package lets try a manual install[custom] and only choose to install the cards driver and nothing else just the cars driver un check the rest and install and see if it runs well on that alone .


    its not student, its full Professional or Ultimate version. My thought was is the Genuine thing causing problems (because maybe its not genuine? the message popped up again whilst typing this).

    I thought it was genuine, maybe it's not, but either way I can lose that chance and just reinstall the new W7 Ult/Prof?

    And it doesn't even boot...like...I got that error that slui.exe and when I googled it, it associated it to the WGA thing the window sgenuine thing...could that be the cause?

    i've no idea tbh...i can try uninstalling again...then custom installing...but how do i make sure i installe verything i need? what to do if...i cant boot it up..again? (took like 20 restarts)
  18. can you get it this far?? Try this method:

    Click Start and type slui.exe 4 then press Enter to invoke the Activation Wizard.

    Use the drop-down list to choose your area then call the number.

    You'll be asked how many computers you've installed the software on (one, naturally) and will be asked to punch in the Installation ID using your telephone touchpad.

    If that is accepted you'll be given the Activation ID. Instead of entering it straightaway, write it down so that you have a copy, and then enter it in the Activation ID fields.

    Click Next and you should have an activated version of Windows.

    windows should work for 30 days with out activation I got a copy I loaded like 6 months ago and never activated it ... and I can still use it so.....

    I wonder if something like the hard drive is corrupting something ...

    if you decide to do a fresh install of the windows you now got just unhook the internet or be sure you check or un check the windows activation thing so it don't auto activate so if it don't work out you did not loose that copy due to that... I like to use a new drive when doing a new install of windows in case its the old drive having an issue in some way

    what ever way you go just stop windows from activating until your sure its going to work and fixed the issue....or its a goner

    if you try my last thing you can check what driver its on in device manager - display- property's -driver
  19. junkeymonkey said:
    can you get it this far?? Try this method:

    Click Start and type slui.exe 4 then press Enter to invoke the Activation Wizard.

    Use the drop-down list to choose your area then call the number.

    You'll be asked how many computers you've installed the software on (one, naturally) and will be asked to punch in the Installation ID using your telephone touchpad.

    If that is accepted you'll be given the Activation ID. Instead of entering it straightaway, write it down so that you have a copy, and then enter it in the Activation ID fields.

    Click Next and you should have an activated version of Windows.

    windows should work for 30 days with out activation I got a copy I loaded like 6 months ago and never activated it ... and I can still use it so.....

    I wonder if something like the hard drive is corrupting something ...

    if you decide to do a fresh install of the windows you now got just unhook the internet or be sure you check or un check the windows activation thing so it don't auto activate so if it don't work out you did not loose that copy due to that... I like to use a new drive when doing a new install of windows in case its the old drive having an issue in some way

    what ever way you go just stop windows from activating until your sure its going to work and fixed the issue....or its a goner

    if you try my last thing you can check what driver its on in device manager - display- property's -driver


    Well I went to device manager to look at the 'Display Adapter's and opened up the "AMD Radeon R7 200 Series" and it says "The device is working properly"

    Under drivers tab is "AMD R7 200 SEries" Driver Provider: AMD Inc, Driver Date: 4/17/2014, Driver Version: 14.100.0.0, Digital Signer: Microsoft Windwos Hardware Compatability Publisher.

    When in the "Drivers" Tab, i click the "Driver details" it says Provider: Unknown, File version: Unknown and Copyright: Unknown.

    If I had to do all that hassle with Windows 7, shouldn't I just reinstall the new 100% genuine one to see if this problem still exists? Could it be the genuine problem thing?
  20. you can just don't let it activate till your sure your ready to do so your self.. it looks like something is not working out with the driver install seeing what you just sent.. cause mine shows all the same for my amd card .. can you go back to device manager and back to the driver part and try update driver and manualy point it to the amd driver to see if it will take it [force it to only look at the amd driver in its file or from the driver disk of the card by using browse my computer] .... don't know why windows would be blocking it like that looks like its installed but windows is failing to use it
  21. hold on I may of looked at this you said kinda wrong under driver tab it was shown correct but then you wen to driver details and the thing that was highlighted blue showed the Provider: Unknown, File version: Unknown and Copyright: Unknown. would be a long list of things in the driver pack itself all we need to know is from the first tab for driver and not whats in driver details

    I wish I was able to do screen shots here
  22. ya I went over mine and what you last said looks good I got the same thing here with my amd card so I feel the driver is in as it should so I guess do a fresh install of windows and see if its the same thing on it ..
  23. junkeymonkey said:
    ya I went over mine and what you last said looks good I got the same thing here with my amd card so I feel the driver is in as it should so I guess do a fresh install of windows and see if its the same thing on it ..


    Sorry, so what you're saying is that our cards display identical data? That means that it's not my driver/GPU problem? Assuming that the hardware for my GPU is fine. And that it probably is a Windows 7 Genuine problem?
  24. it looks like your driver is installed correctly if I go to the driver tab in device manager its shows the amd driver I installed but if I go to the driver details it comes up with a list of the dirvers in the pak and and the first thing in that list highlighted shows unknown but as I go down that list of things that changes ..... like I said I cant seem to do screen shots here or I would show you ..

    you can also look here to see your driver info
    Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by clicking the Start button , typing dxdiag in the Search box, and then pressing ENTER

    if it shows the amd driver you installed there I would say its installed and we need to move on to something else
  25. junkeymonkey said:
    it looks like your driver is installed correctly if I go to the driver tab in device manager its shows the amd driver I installed but if I go to the driver details it comes up with a list of the dirvers in the pak and and the first thing in that list highlighted shows unknown but as I go down that list of things that changes ..... like I said I cant seem to do screen shots here or I would show you ..

    you can also look here to see your driver info
    Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by clicking the Start button , typing dxdiag in the Search box, and then pressing ENTER

    if it shows the amd driver you installed there I would say its installed and we need to move on to something else


    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6658)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6658&SUBSYS_72601682&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1724 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2028 MB
    Shared Memory: 3791 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: HL269DPB
    Monitor Id: HSD6415
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1280 (English)
    Driver Version: 14.100.0.0
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 4/17/2014 22:42:54, 1343272 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2518-11CF-3270-6A52BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x6658
    SubSys ID: 0x72601682
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem2.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_R505:14.100.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_6658
    Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {A491560E-FFE4-4202-9B1D-2DCD004EB9E3}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
  26. looks all good to me on that now as you know that AMD cards relies heavy on .net 4.5 be sure you got that installed in windows [now I don't know if you will also need the older .net's for the newer one to work] heres what Microsoft says on that... This version of the .NET Framework runs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 and earlier versions, but performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4.

    For important information about this release, see the .NET Framework 4.5 Readme File.

    so any way it looks to me your driver is in correct and should be working.
  27. heres the release notes on the driver I use its a driver that works for your card but I just wanted to kmow if you read over this to see if thers something missed
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-12WINReleaseNotes.aspx
  28. your release notes and under known issues...◾System will TDR or BSOD when encoding with Power Director 11 so i'll guess this is not coming up from some program??

    14.4 notes... http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-4WINReleaseNotes.aspx
  29. that DirectX Diagnostic Tool sure gives a lot of nice info to save to file and look over this is the first time I used it with this new build I'm running now
  30. you said that ''Basically, put everything in and it didn't boot up, had single + 3 short beeps, realizing its \VGA,'' I found this
    1 Long, 3 Short Beeps.
    You've probably just added memory to the motherboard since this is a conventional or extended memory failure. Generally this is caused by a memory chip that is not seated properly. Reseat the memory chips.
    is this what your manual calls for on this board??
  31. junkeymonkey said:
    you said that ''Basically, put everything in and it didn't boot up, had single + 3 short beeps, realizing its \VGA,'' I found this
    1 Long, 3 Short Beeps.
    You've probably just added memory to the motherboard since this is a conventional or extended memory failure. Generally this is caused by a memory chip that is not seated properly. Reseat the memory chips.
    is this what your manual calls for on this board??


    Nothing was added except the GPU and the PSU.

    If you're using R7 260x, which version driver do you use? I heard theres a 13.xx one that is better? Do i have MS Framework 4.5?
  32. 7850 and 13.12
  33. have you retried your old card to see if it still works ?/ 7770 and the 6450? but not the 270?
  34. mine says 13.1, but anyways currently...i've wiped my whole HDD...i had to fucking reboot it 10-20 times to get it to display ANYTHING before...and 80% of the time it'd crash loading up (For me to backup the remaining few files) and even in safe mode too..managed to get it all...now i've JUST put up a NEW windows 7 GENUINE (from the college) and validated it too...so now that takes care of W7...i HOPE there is no more problems (as the whole HDD was nuked, even cleaner i'd assume than wiping AMD drivers)...so lets hope the best

    for the hd7770 no...i returned it and have to check my paypal now for that $85....and the 6450 still around...but if this doesn't work im going to send it in to get it checked...i've checked out other threads that say r7260x apparently has major issues...>< what a bad pick...shoulda just gotten the r9 270x
  35. Best answer
    well , theres been a lot of posts here at toms on that r7 260x card so you may want to look them up .. looks like your not the only one ..

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1932469/radeon-260x-video-output-morning-working-fine-night.html

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2143840/video-boot-260x.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Keyboards system doesn't work CPUs computer won't boot Systems Windows 7 GPUs Monitors