770 SLI or Keep 770 and wait for Maxwell/800 Series (880 / Ti)

RenzoRaptor

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
HELLO TOM'S HARDWARE FORUM!

Hi guys and gals of the forum , I am Raptor and I would like to ask a question that has been running in my mind for the past month ...

770 SLI or KEEP 770 and wait for Maxwell/800 Series (880/Ti)

Please be honest , all help is appreciated! Thanks!

770 Model:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4gb OC Windforce x3

THANKS!

Solution
Since you have a 4gb model already going SLI is a very solid upgrade path for you, If you are having issues with your FPS and your PSU(you would need ~750w decent quality PSU) and motherboard will support a second card, I think your best option is to grab another 4gb GTX 770.
+1 to Eduello, but since you have 4GB of RAM, you could SLI(in broad terms).
Besides, it's not really known what the Maxwell cards will bring forth - more performance for same power consumption or the most power efficient cards on the planet.
We'll have to wait and see.

Since you have a 4gb model already going SLI is a very solid upgrade path for you, If you are having issues with your FPS and your PSU(you would need ~750w decent quality PSU) and motherboard will support a second card, I think your best option is to grab another 4gb GTX 770.

Solution

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I can tell you that I love my SLI 770's I also have the 4gb cards. Plus the cards are cheap and when the newer ones come out they will be expensive for a few months. I guess it depends on how long you can wait.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Have not compared to two. Just looked at a benchmark from Metro LL looks like I get more FPS. I can say that I have no issues running most if not all games maxed out. Crysis 3 BF4 MLL all of them max out no prob.