Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

evaluation of future gaming pc build

Last response: in Components
Share
May 7, 2014 4:11:05 AM

i want to build a gaming pc, here is the build i have chosen http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3Fu8E. please evaluate the build and tell me how i can improve it in any way. im trying to stay below the 1k line, but if theres any suggestions on how the efficiency of the build can be improved please say so. i dont mind indulging in a little extra money for a certain part if it means a notable difference. thanks.
May 7, 2014 6:06:54 AM

Looks OK, but add some case fans.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 6:21:38 AM

For the price it's not great
Better go with a 6300 and spend the money on a better gpu
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($115.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($232.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Arctic White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $870.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 09:21 EDT-0400)

It's only 3$ more than your build
Share
Related resources
May 7, 2014 11:16:59 AM

andrei65 said:
For the price it's not great
Better go with a 6300 and spend the money on a better gpu
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($115.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($232.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Arctic White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $870.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 09:21 EDT-0400)

It's only 3$ more than your build


thank you, that looks like a better optimized build. is the difference between the 6300 and the i5 3670k considerably different enough to be worth around $140 dollars more?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 11:19:50 AM

It's not considerably different and is not worth it in my opinion
Instead of getting an i5 get an xeon which is the equivalent of an i7 just without igpu which you won't need and get a 60-80 dollar b85 mobo and you're good to go
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 11:33:39 AM

I disagree. The 3570k is at least two teirs higher than the 6300 in gaming performance.

If would recommend you are there for a good baseline system.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

If you need to spend less, find a GTX 660 for now, and upgrade it in a couple years when it's dated. Don't skimp on the other parts though. The i5 is ALOT faster than the 6300. Don't cut yourself short or your whole system will need to be rehauled again in 2-3 years....

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 11:37:31 AM

a 3570k will give more performance than the 6300 , and yes i know the 3570k is way more powerfull in gaming performance
But what's the point when a 760 can play games at 60+fps just fine on high to ultra settings atm ?
Spending 140 extra bucks is not worth 5-10 FPS in most games
m
0
l
May 7, 2014 11:39:36 AM

andrei65 said:
It's not considerably different and is not worth it in my opinion
Instead of getting an i5 get an xeon which is the equivalent of an i7 just without igpu which you won't need and get a 60-80 dollar b85 mobo and you're good to go


http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3FFiD
i made an updated list, i couldnt find a 'b85' motherboard in the part list. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3FFej
im relatively new at computer building, but the z75 motherboard says it has 4 ram slots and 32gb in max ram, but its only $66 dollars. does this mean i could put some cheap ram in the empty slots (the current ram i have is 2x4gb) and it would make the computer go a little bit faster?
m
0
l
May 7, 2014 11:51:09 AM

andrei65 said:
a 3570k will give more performance than the 6300 , and yes i know the 3570k is way more powerfull in gaming performance
But what's the point when a 760 can play games at 60+fps just fine on high to ultra settings atm ?
Spending 140 extra bucks is not worth 5-10 FPS in most games


whats the difference between Xeon and 6300? Xeon is nearly $100 more.. but you compared it to an i7 which is a little bit higher then an i5, and the way i look at it the 6300 is inferior to i5's. a $100 difference for a considerable scale in performance is fine by me.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 11:51:28 AM

You couldn't find b85 motherboards on the list because the 1220 v2 only supports b75 / z77 and another chipset that I forgot
Don't go for the 1220 i suggest getting a 1230 v2 at least
and that cpu cooler is just useless and is a waste of money as aftermarket cpu coolers are only good for overclocking processors and xeons can't be overcloked
and it seems that your budget is now of 1000$ ?
this will definetly help
take a look at this build
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($232.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $946.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 14:50 EDT-0400)


also getting the SAME EXACT RAM is crucial . If you get , let's say , a kingston beast 2x4gb module and a corsair vengeance 2x4gb module the pc would just crash .
what will make a computer go significantly faster is installing the os on a ssd and having more than 4gb of ram won't make the computer go significantly faster but programs like adobe photoshop and games will take advantage of that extra ram for sure

if you want an ssd then take a look at this
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($232.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1006.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 14:51 EDT-0400)
m
1
l
May 7, 2014 11:58:45 AM

andrei65 said:
You couldn't find b85 motherboards on the list because the 1220 v2 only supports b75 / z77 and another chipset that I forgot
Don't go for the 1220 i suggest getting a 1230 v2 at least
and that cpu cooler is just useless and is a waste of money as aftermarket cpu coolers are only good for overclocking processors and xeons can't be overcloked
and it seems that your budget is now of 1000$ ?
this will definetly help
take a look at this build
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($232.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $946.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 14:50 EDT-0400)


also getting the SAME EXACT RAM is crucial . If you get , let's say , a kingston beast 2x4gb module and a corsair vengeance 2x4gb module the pc would just crash .
what will make a computer go significantly faster is installing the os on a ssd and having more than 4gb of ram won't make the computer go significantly faster but programs like adobe photoshop and games will take advantage of that extra ram for sure

if you want an ssd then take a look at this
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($232.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1006.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 14:51 EDT-0400)


again this looks really good, thanks. i dont mind straying above the 1k line a little, if it means that much more for performance. i hear the ssd just makes everything faster in general, but not necessarily for fps?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 12:09:16 PM

ssd's are not supposed for games , it's supposed to make your system faster and run demanding applications ( like photoshop , and 3d rendering softwares ) run faster .
you will see a big performance increase between a normal hdd and a ssd
BUT take a look at this video on how to optimize your ssd it's really important not to defrag it otherwise you're just shortening the ssd's life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZsZ5vTgOE4

otherwise the build will run all games at high to ultra at playable fps
but do you have a windows 7/8 disc laying around ? it's important to have one otherwise you will have to add another 80 to 110 bucks for the os
m
0
l
May 7, 2014 12:12:15 PM

andrei65 said:
ssd's are not supposed for games , it's supposed to make your system faster and run demanding applications ( like photoshop , and 3d rendering softwares ) run faster .
you will see a big performance increase between a normal hdd and a ssd
BUT take a look at this video on how to optimize your ssd it's really important not to defrag it otherwise you're just shortening the ssd's life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZsZ5vTgOE4

otherwise the build will run all games at high to ultra at playable fps
but do you have a windows 7/8 disc laying around ? it's important to have one otherwise you will have to add another 80 to 110 bucks for the os


i got a windows 98 and windows xp disc.. but the support ran out, and i like to keep my computer updated. yeah ill probably need to get a windows 7 disc, i hear windows 8 sucks without that start menu. i looked at the video and it says ssd degrades over time, and i play my computer alot (up to 10+ hours a day) so if itll get burned out in the first week, i'll just stick with a hdd.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 12:14:32 PM

pandafish said:
andrei65 said:
a 3570k will give more performance than the 6300 , and yes i know the 3570k is way more powerfull in gaming performance
But what's the point when a 760 can play games at 60+fps just fine on high to ultra settings atm ?
Spending 140 extra bucks is not worth 5-10 FPS in most games


whats the difference between Xeon and 6300? Xeon is nearly $100 more.. but you compared it to an i7 which is a little bit higher then an i5, and the way i look at it the 6300 is inferior to i5's. a $100 difference for a considerable scale in performance is fine by me.


intel's cpu's has stronger , better performing cores , compared to AMD
AMD's cpus have higher clock speed than intel's cpus
what amd is looking for is the amount of clock speed the proccessor has , not the cores powerfullness
example , the i7 4960x has 3.6ghz , compared to the 9590 which has 4.7ghz
better cores give better performance in cpu hungry games and software , but more cores are better for softwares that use more than 4 cores ( 6 to 12 cores )


m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 12:20:04 PM

pandafish said:
andrei65 said:
ssd's are not supposed for games , it's supposed to make your system faster and run demanding applications ( like photoshop , and 3d rendering softwares ) run faster .
you will see a big performance increase between a normal hdd and a ssd
BUT take a look at this video on how to optimize your ssd it's really important not to defrag it otherwise you're just shortening the ssd's life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZsZ5vTgOE4

otherwise the build will run all games at high to ultra at playable fps
but do you have a windows 7/8 disc laying around ? it's important to have one otherwise you will have to add another 80 to 110 bucks for the os


i got a windows 98 and windows xp disc.. but the support ran out, and i like to keep my computer updated. yeah ill probably need to get a windows 7 disc, i hear windows 8 sucks without that start menu. i looked at the video and it says ssd degrades over time, and i play my computer alot (up to 10+ hours a day) so if itll get burned out in the first week, i'll just stick with a hdd.


Getting windows 8 is recommended it gets you better performance in newer games like BF4
and it is as cheap as getting a windows 7 disc
It's also really easy to get used to once you used it awhile
here's the xeon build with windows 8.1

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($236.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1100.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 15:16 EDT-0400)

if you want to keep the price under 1100$ here's another build with the fx 8320

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($148.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($88.79 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($236.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1044.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 15:18 EDT-0400)

OR here's a 6300 build that's 1005$

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($88.79 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($236.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1005.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 15:19 EDT-0400)
m
1
l
May 7, 2014 12:24:42 PM

andrei65 said:
pandafish said:
andrei65 said:
ssd's are not supposed for games , it's supposed to make your system faster and run demanding applications ( like photoshop , and 3d rendering softwares ) run faster .
you will see a big performance increase between a normal hdd and a ssd
BUT take a look at this video on how to optimize your ssd it's really important not to defrag it otherwise you're just shortening the ssd's life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZsZ5vTgOE4

otherwise the build will run all games at high to ultra at playable fps
but do you have a windows 7/8 disc laying around ? it's important to have one otherwise you will have to add another 80 to 110 bucks for the os


i got a windows 98 and windows xp disc.. but the support ran out, and i like to keep my computer updated. yeah ill probably need to get a windows 7 disc, i hear windows 8 sucks without that start menu. i looked at the video and it says ssd degrades over time, and i play my computer alot (up to 10+ hours a day) so if itll get burned out in the first week, i'll just stick with a hdd.


Getting windows 8 is recommended it gets you better performance in newer games like BF4
and it is as cheap as getting a windows 7 disc
It's also really easy to get used to once you used it awhile
here's the xeon build with windows 8.1

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($236.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1100.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 15:16 EDT-0400)

if you want to keep the price under 1100$ here's another build with the fx 8320

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($148.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($88.79 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($236.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1044.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 15:18 EDT-0400)

OR here's a 6300 build that's 1005$

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($88.79 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.44 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($236.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($38.57 @ Amazon)
Total: $1005.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 15:19 EDT-0400)


these are all very good builds, thank you. i actually live in canada, the build would cost close to $200 more. my dad has a house in florida so we could get the parts shipped there for cheaper. thanks!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 12:28:26 PM

No problem glad i could help you
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 12:30:34 PM

It's just my opinion that you should not try to save a buck on your CPU. The 3570 is much more future proof. The 6300 is limited. I would rather buy a lesser graphics card and upgrade it in the future to have a near top of the line PC, instead of have a slightly faster system now that will be obsolete faster.

Just my 2c.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2014 12:45:49 PM

Everyone has his own opinions .
m
0
l
!