Looking for a sub £120 gaming case - help please

Leonell12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
okayy, so as the title says i am building a gaming pc and need some advice on gaming cases..i realize that every case offers something different and there is no 'one size fits all' theology...so these are the things that would be important to me :)

-atleast 4 usb ports at the front (atleast 2 of these usb 3.0) that use internal mobo headers
-A side window panel would be nice :)
-Fully modular HDD cages (dunt mind if i have to remove screws or something)
-2-3 external 5.25 bays (for optical drives)
-i dunt plan on water cooling but if its there then i dunt mind
-Please dunt let it look anything like the cm HAF series (despise the aesthetics of those)
-support for ATX mobos, if it also support E-ATX and XL-ATX then i dunt mind (although its not necessary)
-good cooling (i dunt live in a particularly hot area so cooling is not a massive issue)
-not too loud (in fact it would be nice to see silent cases with sound dampening as well as normal ones without sound dampening)
-preferably in white/ gray/ silver (definitely not total black...no racism intended ;) )
-Case size is not an issue
-Will be using 1 HDD and 1 SSD for now
-Case/ fan led lights are not important...since i am getting customizable led strips anyways (hence the window panel :p )
-will be using an i5-4670k and msi gtx 780 twin frozr (if that matters)
...i think thts pretty much it....some of the cases i've already looked at are the CM Stryker, Corsair 600t, Corsair 500r, Nanoxia Deep silence 1, NZXT 530, NZXT H440...
i wouldnt mind if its a 'silent' case or a normal one...as long as the aesthetics are nice and at the least has modular HDDs and 4 usb ports at the front...thks btw :) :) :)

....btw also, best 24-27' 1080p gaming monitor for £100?? (3D is preferable)

thank youuuuuuuu (in advance) <3

Solution
That budget is pretty good for what you want with your cabinet.

My first choice would be Corsair Obsidian 750D or NZXT Switch 810
750D has kinda workstation type look.
If you want something with more style you may look into Cooler Master Cosmos SE or Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Personally, I would go for 750D as you can do a lot with it and it also has a nice big window.

All of them are Full towers so you can fit in whatever you want.

I won't suggest you any 3D monitor for that price but the best monitor which would satisfy all other needs would be Asus VX248H
It has 1ms response time and an amazing DCR. You may go for it without any doubt.

Cheers :)

Soumil

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
That budget is pretty good for what you want with your cabinet.

My first choice would be Corsair Obsidian 750D or NZXT Switch 810
750D has kinda workstation type look.
If you want something with more style you may look into Cooler Master Cosmos SE or Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Personally, I would go for 750D as you can do a lot with it and it also has a nice big window.

All of them are Full towers so you can fit in whatever you want.

I won't suggest you any 3D monitor for that price but the best monitor which would satisfy all other needs would be Asus VX248H
It has 1ms response time and an amazing DCR. You may go for it without any doubt.

Cheers :)

Solution

Leonell12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

oh k, thanks for the quick reply...i love your case recommendations and am definately taking those two into consideration...i still have to work through some other parts for my pc but will definately post here when i've bought a case....n also for the monitor, its a pretty good monitor you've recommended there....i was just wondering, what would be the cheapest good 3D monitor i can possibly get for gaming? (i mean stuff that actually works :p ) ....but yea i appreciate the reply, good to know theres someone here who actually knows what they're talking about :) - (i hav no clue what DCR means btw) .....one more thing, could you please suggest a similar 'silent' case? i wanna keep my options open at this point n as i said earlier cooling is not a massive issue for me.....i hav been looking at the Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 (man that case can do so much!) ...but i guess its a bit of an old, outdated case...my budget for a 'silent' case is sub £100 though..... ....n yea one final thing :D ...thoughts on Corsair graphite 600t?

Soumil

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Corsair graphite 600T, i really like that case but it is not silence optimized, but anyways will work great!
Nanoxia Deep Silence 1, man that looks amazing. If you want similar suggestions, you can go for NZXT H440 or Fractal Design Define R4
Personally, i feel H440 has a very nice appeal.

Coming on to monitor, the cheapest one i found is
http://www.viewsonic.com/us/v3d231.html

According to the specifications, it's not that bad. Response time and DCR are pretty nice.
DCR is Dynamic contrast ratio
It's the ratio of darkest black to brightest white.
Just Youtube it, there are many nice videos which explain it.

Leonell12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

i've checked the 3D monitor out n the reviews arent amazing....so i think ill just stick with the 2D one u recommended earlier until i hav a slightly more open budget.....the problem with the H440 is that it doesnt hav any external bays and only has 2 usb ports at the front panel, that means that there r like 10 headers on my mobo that are going to waste...and yea the Deep Silence 1 is definately a winner for a 'silent' case' and for the other choice i think ill consider Corsair 600T ....however, it has 4 usb 2.0 ports at the front and 1 usb 3.0 ....i hav an Asus Z87-PLUS mobo....so i was wondering if there is anyway to mod the case (with or without voiding warranty) that i could replace those usb 2.0 ports with usb 3.0 from my mobo headers...i mean will i have to buy adapters or something? ....n yea i cant find the Asus VX248h anywhere....ebay, amazon.....has it been discontinued? ...can u please post a link as to where i can buy it from?

Leonell12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

hmm k i think il have Deep silence one for a silent enclosure and either the storm stryker, graphite 600t or carbide 500r for non silent enclosure....thanks for helping me out! :) but the Asus monitor u had recommended earlier, i cant find it anywhere! :( ...can u please post a link or something as to where i can find it?