Solved

Are SSD's Good For Gaming?

Are SSD's Good For Gaming? Just wondering!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ssd good gaming
  1. Best answer
    SSD = everything loads faster. There is no difference in gaming performance.
  2. It makes a huge difference in games with long loading times, or big maps that load while you play, it doesn't affect FPS "directly" however.
  3. As mentioned, there is no FPS performance boost.

    It will allow you to load into maps faster(good for games where you don't have to wait for other players to load like BF4). If you need to wait for other players in your game(like League of Legends) an SSD will do little to nothing for you, in game.
  4. skit75 said:
    As mentioned, there is no FPS performance boost.

    It will allow you to load into maps faster(good for games where you don't have to wait for other players to load like BF4). If you need to wait for other players in your game(like League of Legends) an SSD will do little to nothing for you, in game.


    Thanks!
  5. Eduello said:
    SSD = everything loads faster. There is no difference in gaming performance.


    Thanks!
  6. the loading speed might actually depend on the game itself. I recently moved rome 2 total war from my 5900 rpm disk to my ssd, you'd think the difference should be huge(and my ssd is awesome with everything, my windows 7 loads so fast I don't see the win 7 logo...) but there was no difference(or to be fair, hardly noticeable). turns out for that game(as might be the case for other games) the loading process uses one cpu thread(so on an i3/i5/whatever you'd see in task manager one core full and the rest idle) so my the cpu was the bottleneck(the actual cpu is not the problem, but more like the way they coded the game), the hard disk was already performing its task well because also as it turns out, the game optimizes loading based on the assumption that the user has an hdd, so it uses big sequential files....

    So in short, the case might not be true for all games.
  7. Joe Yahchouchi said:
    It might actually depend on the game itself. I recently moved rome 2 total war from my 5900 rpm disk to my ssd, you'd think the difference should be huge(and my ssd is awesome with everything, my windows 7 loads so fast I don't see the win 7 logo...) but there was no difference(or to be fair, hardly noticeable). turns out for that game(as might be the case for other games) the loading process uses one cpu thread(so on an i3/i5/whatever you'd see in task manager one core full and the rest idle) so my the cpu was the bottleneck(the actual cpu is not the problem, but more like the way they coded the game), the hard disk was already performing its task well because also as it turns out, the game optimizes loading based on the assumption that the user has an hdd, so it uses big sequential files....

    So in short, the case might not be true for all games.


    Thanks!
  8. SSD can make a good difference for games that streams a lot of data from your HD. Arma 3 felt quite a bit different on SSD to me, It fixed micro stutter and texture popping issues. That's the minority of games though, for most It would only help with faster loading.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage Gaming