Best way to OC a 780 Ti Classified? How far can I push it?

1-800-Get-Rags

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
I got a new computer, and I intend to overclock both the CPU, which is a i7-4770K, and the GPU, which is a GTX 780 Ti Classified.

I have an 850W PSU, so I'm all set there, but this is my first time overclocking a card. I'm a firm believer in Learning By Doing.

What program should I use to do this, or at least which one works best for Nvidia cards, and how much am I able to push this card to without adding any extra cooling do the case or whatnot? If you need any info, I'll check this thread regularly, but I just want to get your input before I proceed.

Thanks before hand, and I can't wait to learn something new!

MalakiArtook

Honorable
Mar 5, 2014
Well each card and chip is different. some oc well and others not well at all. you are playing the silicon lottery and wont know till you try it. Just go slow and get to know each parts behavior. be sure to get CPUZ and GPUZ. as far as oc software just uses nvidias.

I think one of the best GPU overclocking programs out there is MSI's Afterburner. It works equally well with AMD and nVidia GPU's. I used to like EVGA's Precision, but UnWinder (the author) has moved his efforts over to Afterburner. Not sure of the politics there. Either way, Afterburner is one of the best. It used Riva Statistics Server for OSD functions which is nice to see your framerate, GPU usage, GPU temp, fan speed, etc in game.

For overclocking a gpu I would go with MSI afterburner. It is very simple. I would start out by adding 50 MHz to your stock speed and then running multiple stress tests like unigine valley and the one that comes with afterburner. Plus any other ones you like. If there aren't any issues add 10 MHz and repeat