are these 240 rad temps good?

1832vin

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
there is this radiator which is 240mm and 35mm thick. and the temperatures are from a 4770k.
overclocked at 4.5GHz:
31 c - idle
74 c - load
stock clocks:
27 c - idle
53 c - load

are these temperatures good compare to the others that are similar sizes?
if you know the approximate temperatures, please do tell me

Solution
What kind of load is that 74C? For a 24hour prime95 stress test that's not bad but for gaming that is pretty high; not terribly high but a little for my comfort. I tend to run in the high 50s when gaming for hours, maybe low 60s but I am running a 3770k at 4.4Ghz so perhaps that extra .1Ghz is heating you up a bit. Not bad numbers, maybe average to below average but not super impressive. I'd say it's likely comparable to others but not too far on the chart either way. Is this a custom cooling loop system? I'd expect it to be way better than my factory closed loop corsair h80i and it doesn't appear to be. Sorry, not trying to be negative at all, just honest. It's hard to evoke the right tone clearly typing across the screen. Again...

jnewegger23

Distinguished
What kind of load is that 74C? For a 24hour prime95 stress test that's not bad but for gaming that is pretty high; not terribly high but a little for my comfort. I tend to run in the high 50s when gaming for hours, maybe low 60s but I am running a 3770k at 4.4Ghz so perhaps that extra .1Ghz is heating you up a bit. Not bad numbers, maybe average to below average but not super impressive. I'd say it's likely comparable to others but not too far on the chart either way. Is this a custom cooling loop system? I'd expect it to be way better than my factory closed loop corsair h80i and it doesn't appear to be. Sorry, not trying to be negative at all, just honest. It's hard to evoke the right tone clearly typing across the screen. Again, friendly honesty is my tone! Hope this helps!

Simply put I'd say these temps are good enough, clearly not great, but not "that" good either. Could be better. Maybe you didn't get a good overclocking chip; tends to get hotter easier than some others unfortunately. It all depends on what we get with that "intel chip lottery".

Thanks,

Justin S.

Solution