i5 3450 vs fx 8320

Thaisnang

Honorable
I'm torn between the i5 3450 & fx 8320. Which one should be good for gaming in long term. I have a R9 270 GPU. I thought about going for fx 8350 but its price is over my budget but I can push a little if it's worth it.

Solution
If you want a simple but solid system for gaming then get the i5-3450. You don't need to worry about cooling like you would if you got the 8320. The 8320 is exciting if you want to overclock. Otherwise it is just ok.
If you only went to 4.1Ghz then I agree skip overclocking and go i5. The fx-8350 hits 4.0GHz at stock. 4.1 vs 4.0 is nothing. You should shoot for 4.4GHz as a minimum, or what is the point in overclocking. I think even with a Cooler Master Evo you can still get 4.4Ghz with that mobo.

Single Player isn't as stressful as playing 64 player maps.

Any new i5 will have no issues in gaming. If you want to have fun and play with overclocking then get the fx, otherwise the i5 is excellent at stock. A overclocked fx will game like a i5. I have yet to see consistent reviews showing the fx-83xx is better. So, go with i5 for ease but get fx if you like overclocking for fun.