Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Opinions on my PC / Slight Workstation Build ?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 9, 2014 6:54:44 PM

My build is almost complete :3

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.43 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: BenQ VW2430H 24.0" Monitor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 White Wired Gaming Keyboard ($96.34 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 5 Wired Laser Mouse ($78.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1443.64
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-09 21:52 EDT-0400)

More about : opinions slight workstation build

a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2014 7:05:58 PM

Yoplait95 said:
My build is almost complete :3

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.43 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: BenQ VW2430H 24.0" Monitor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 White Wired Gaming Keyboard ($96.34 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 5 Wired Laser Mouse ($78.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1443.64
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-09 21:52 EDT-0400)


Not sure why you want to crossfire with those video cards? For most users, one single better GPU far outperforms 2 mediocre older ones. If that is your GPU budget, I'd go with a GTX 770. You don't need expensive keyboard/mouse also, unless you really want them.

Suggested replacements..
Keyboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Mouse: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAS888S/?tag=pcpapi-20
GPU: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ETC34NA/?tag=pcpapi-20
m
1
l
May 9, 2014 7:09:17 PM

I wanted to play with crossfire this build and see how it fairs with overclocking.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 9, 2014 7:16:16 PM

huskersforever said:
Yoplait95 said:
My build is almost complete :3

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.43 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($186.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: BenQ VW2430H 24.0" Monitor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 White Wired Gaming Keyboard ($96.34 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 5 Wired Laser Mouse ($78.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1443.64
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-09 21:52 EDT-0400)


Not sure why you want to crossfire with those video cards? For most users, one single better GPU far outperforms 2 mediocre older ones. If that is your GPU budget, I'd go with a GTX 770. You don't need expensive keyboard/mouse also, unless you really want them.

Suggested replacements..
Keyboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Mouse: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAS888S/?tag=pcpapi-20
GPU: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ETC34NA/?tag=pcpapi-20


Why is the OC ed cheaper ?!
m
0
l
a c 142 U Graphics card
May 9, 2014 7:23:16 PM

For the price you could do better, I'll post a build soon.
m
0
l
a c 142 U Graphics card
May 9, 2014 7:41:40 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.02 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($65.70 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB AMP! Edition Video Card ($476.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire TK Wired Gaming Keyboard ($79.24 @ B&H)
Mouse: Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse Wired Laser Mouse ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1443.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-09 22:41 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
May 9, 2014 7:44:21 PM

Oh yeah didnt mention Im runnning eyefinity. Also if I go with the I5 I won't need a water cooler as they run cool enough for air. I agree with the 780 though.. I will prob be going 780 (maybe ti) sli'd next build
m
0
l
May 9, 2014 7:45:41 PM

Also is OmaHima any good ? :p 

looking for new Anime to watch
m
0
l
a c 142 U Graphics card
May 9, 2014 7:54:15 PM

Yoplait95 said:
Also is OmaHima any good ? :p 

looking for new Anime to watch


Yes it is, It's really great if you like ecchi/comedy anime ( which I see you do since your avatar is Heaven's Lost Property :p ) .

Some other anime's that are good in that genre: Rosario + Vampire, Highschool DxD, Highschool of the Dead, Campione!, Infinite Stratos, Sekirei, and Is This a Zombie? just to name a few which came to mind.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 142 U Graphics card
May 9, 2014 7:55:27 PM

Yoplait95 said:
Oh yeah didnt mention Im runnning eyefinity. Also if I go with the I5 I won't need a water cooler as they run cool enough for air. I agree with the 780 though.. I will prob be going 780 (maybe ti) sli'd next build


Yea a 212 Evo should work great with an i5.
Share
May 9, 2014 7:55:58 PM

Loved Sekirei :3 have planned to watch Is this a zombie.. thx !
m
0
l
a c 142 U Graphics card
May 9, 2014 7:57:11 PM

Yoplait95 said:
Loved Sekirei :3 have planned to watch Is this a zombie.. thx !


No problem
m
0
l