Solved

What GPU to buy with a 400W PSU?

I recently bought a new computer (Premade) its has a amd fx-6300 4gigs of ram and a gt 520 and I want to but a new video card but I do not wish to buy a new psu so what what GPU would work on my system Here is a pic of my psu. http://postimg.org/image/gf64439gx/ if any more info is needed post will answer thanks.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gpu buy 400w psu
  1. Best answer
    Well, 400W is really low, always buy a good quality PSU or then you are gonna have problems, Cards that could work are the ones that don't use an external Power connector, eg. GTX 650, GTX 650Ti, Radeon 5450,5470,7750, GTX 750, 750Ti. Good Luck!
  2. cabudinen said:
    Well, 400W is really low, always buy a good quality PSU or then you are gonna have problems, Cards that could work are the ones that don't use an external Power connector, eg. GTX 650, GTX 650Ti, Radeon 5450,5470,7750, GTX 750, 750Ti. Good Luck!


    So on the PSU that is in the pic I could run 650ti?
  3. ExTech said:
    cabudinen said:
    Well, 400W is really low, always buy a good quality PSU or then you are gonna have problems, Cards that could work are the ones that don't use an external Power connector, eg. GTX 650, GTX 650Ti, Radeon 5450,5470,7750, GTX 750, 750Ti. Good Luck!


    So on the PSU that is in the pic I could run 650ti?


    Yes, but it is not recommendable, It is not 80 Plus Certified, worst case scenario, you will end up damaging the card and other Hardware components, due to shortage, and in the long run you will spend more money. Spend more money on a decent PSU so you won't regret it later.
  4. The best card to use in your situation would be the gtx750ti, how ever it is also the most expensive.
    The next best option would be a HD7750 (gddr5 card).
  5. Could you please send me a link with a optimal PSU I cant spend over 70$
  6. ExTech said:
    Could you please send me a link with a optimal PSU I cant spend over 70$


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171060
  7. could my PSU that I have now run a HD7770? Need a temporary card and I can get one for 30$ :D
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Computers Graphics Cards Graphics