Solved

CPU running too hot

I am having problems with my cpu running really hot its not overclocked its gets really really hot during gaming at 69°C i am using ASUS Suite 2 to look at the tempertures i am getting really worried and holding back gaming as much as possible this just started a couple of weeks ago i upgraded my fan from the AMD 8350 Stock Cooler to the Hyper 212 Evo and still having overheating issues any comment would be greatly appreciated

Computer Specs
CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz (Stock)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 White Artic White
Case Fan 1: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (front)
Case Fan 2: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (rear)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Graphics Card: R9 270x Dual-X Sapphire 2 GB GDDR5
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova NEX750B 750w 80+ Bronze Certifed Power Supply
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 G-Skill RipJaws X Series
Hard Drive: 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RMP
OS: Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate
30 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu running hot
  1. Best answer
    That temperature is totally normal, the max temp of your CPU is 125 degrees, so honestly if that's the maximum heat its outputting there's nothing too worry about.
  2. I don't have an FX 8350,but 69°C doesn't seem that high of a temperature.
    My rule is,if it's under 75°C it's all good.If you're not convinced,just download OCCT and run the CPU test.
  3. thats completely wrong i know for a fact that the max temps are 61
  4. it says so on the AMD website
  5. Hjgrove said:
    That temperature is totally normal, the max temp of your CPU is 125 degrees, so honestly if that's the maximum heat its outputting there's nothing too worry about.


    That information is completely wrong i think you mean 125 degrees fahrenheit
  6. If you really want to be safe,change the thermal paste.Maybe you have too much(or too little).Your Hyper 212 Evo should keep it cool.
    Where on AMD's site does it say that ?
  7. what thermal compound did you use?
  8. The TDP of the CPU is 125W... @zodiakku so 61 degrees seems a bit to low...
  9. Zodiakku said:
    If you really want to be safe,change the thermal paste.Maybe you have too much(or too little).Your Hyper 212 Evo should keep it cool.
    Where on AMD's site does it say that ?


    i have tried to remove and reapply the paste already
  10. Hjgrove said:
    what thermal compound did you use?


    i used the thermal grease that came with the Cooler Master Product
  11. 125W(not degrees) is the maximum amount of heat that the FX 8350 generates(when not OC'ed).
    This may seem trivial,but dust can clog things up quite badly.
  12. Hjgrove said:
    The TDP of the CPU is 125W... @zodiakku so 61 degrees seems a bit to low...


    Zodiakku said:
    125W(not degrees) is the maximum amount of heat that the FX 8350 generates(when not OC'ed).
    This may seem trivial,but dust can clog things up quite badly.


    Thank You :)
  13. Worst comes to worst there's always the option of under clocking it temporarily to reduce heat output until this is sorted.
  14. @Hjgrove What temps should he be getting in full load ?
    I mean,69 degrees isn't that high,but it's not that low either.
  15. Zodiakku said:
    @Hjgrove What temps should he be getting in full load ?
    I mean,69 degrees isn't that high,but it's not that low either.


    its slightly better than my stock cooler at 72 while gaming i do have turbo enabled in my BIOS
  16. Hjgrove said:
    Worst comes to worst there's always the option of under clocking it temporarily to reduce heat output until this is sorted.


    why should i underclock it when there are people running it at 4.0 Ghz with the stock cooler under 60 degrees could that mean the cpu is damaged?
  17. I doubt its your CPU cooler.
    The thing that is most likely to go wrong would be a malfunctioning socket, but of course there is no way to test this theory without buying a whole new board (Not practical at all!)
    And yes @zoddiakku those temps should honestly be a bit lower but they're not going to do any long term damage either.
    Is your case dusty? @darknessrising also how many fans do you have on your case
  18. I don't suppose it's still under warranty,is it ? :D
  19. hahaha ;) @zodiakku
  20. Hjgrove said:
    I doubt its your CPU cooler.
    The thing that is most likely to go wrong would be a malfunctioning socket, but of course there is no way to test this theory without buying a whole new board (Not practical at all!)
    And yes @zoddiakku those temps should honestly be a bit lower but they're not going to do any long term damage either.
    Is your case dusty? @darknessrising also how many fans do you have on your case


    my case isn't dusty at all i clean it every single week with compressed air
  21. Zodiakku said:
    I don't suppose it's still under warranty,is it ? :D


    it is under warranty
  22. DarknessRising said:
    I am having problems with my cpu running really hot its not overclocked its gets really really hot during gaming at 69°C i am using ASUS Suite 2 to look at the tempertures i am getting really worried and holding back gaming as much as possible this just started a couple of weeks ago i upgraded my fan from the AMD 8350 Stock Cooler to the Hyper 212 Evo and still having overheating issues any comment would be greatly appreciated

    Computer Specs
    CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz (Stock)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 White Artic White
    Case Fan 1: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (front)
    Case Fan 2: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (rear)
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    Graphics Card: R9 270x Dual-X Sapphire 2 GB GDDR5
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova NEX750B 750w 80+ Bronze Certifed Power Supply
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 G-Skill RipJaws X Series
    Hard Drive: 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RMP
    OS: Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate


    You need a real cpu cooler like a DH14 with a 8320 or 8350. The Hyper 212 Evo of which I have three is ok with say a 4300 or a 6300 or a Deneb or even a Thuban. Not so much with an eight core.
  23. bmacsys said:
    DarknessRising said:
    I am having problems with my cpu running really hot its not overclocked its gets really really hot during gaming at 69°C i am using ASUS Suite 2 to look at the tempertures i am getting really worried and holding back gaming as much as possible this just started a couple of weeks ago i upgraded my fan from the AMD 8350 Stock Cooler to the Hyper 212 Evo and still having overheating issues any comment would be greatly appreciated

    Computer Specs
    CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz (Stock)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 White Artic White


    Case Fan 1: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (front)
    Case Fan 2: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (rear)
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    Graphics Card: R9 270x Dual-X Sapphire 2 GB GDDR5
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova NEX750B 750w 80+ Bronze Certifed Power Supply
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 G-Skill RipJaws X Series
    Hard Drive: 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RMP
    OS: Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate


    You need a real cpu cooler like a DH14 with a 8320 or 8350. The Hyper 212 Evo of which I have three is ok with say a 4300 or a 6300 or a Deneb or even a Thuban. Not so much with an eight core.


    really thinking of spending for the Swiftech H220
  24. Well,if it's still under warranty just take it back to the store and ask for a replacement.It could be a defective socket(or the CPU itself).You could try a new cooling solution(or installing it on a different mobo to see if it's the cpu or the socket),but the easiest way would be to take it back to the store.
  25. bmacsys said:
    DarknessRising said:
    I am having problems with my cpu running really hot its not overclocked its gets really really hot during gaming at 69°C i am using ASUS Suite 2 to look at the tempertures i am getting really worried and holding back gaming as much as possible this just started a couple of weeks ago i upgraded my fan from the AMD 8350 Stock Cooler to the Hyper 212 Evo and still having overheating issues any comment would be greatly appreciated

    Computer Specs
    CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz (Stock)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 White Artic White


    Case Fan 1: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (front)
    Case Fan 2: Fractal Design R2 Silent Series (rear)
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    Graphics Card: R9 270x Dual-X Sapphire 2 GB GDDR5
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova NEX750B 750w 80+ Bronze Certifed Power Supply
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 G-Skill RipJaws X Series
    Hard Drive: 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RMP
    OS: Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate


    That isn't true at all i've seen people with a hyper 212 evo oc a 8350 @ 4.2 ghz

    You need a real cpu cooler like a DH14 with a 8320 or 8350. The Hyper 212 Evo of which I have three is ok with say a 4300 or a 6300 or a Deneb or even a Thuban. Not so much with an eight core.
  26. bmacsys said:


    You need a real cpu cooler like a DH14 with a 8320 or 8350. The Hyper 212 Evo of which I have three is ok with say a 4300 or a 6300 or a Deneb or even a Thuban. Not so much with an eight core.


    Not really, the TDP of the 8350 is 125W and the CPU cooler supports 130W TDP, meaning that is should easily be able to cool the cpu.
    Also did you put thermal paste on top of the thermal paste already applied to the heat sink?
    as a build up in thermal paste results in insufficient cooling.
  27. Hjgrove said:
    bmacsys said:


    You need a real cpu cooler like a DH14 with a 8320 or 8350. The Hyper 212 Evo of which I have three is ok with say a 4300 or a 6300 or a Deneb or even a Thuban. Not so much with an eight core.


    Not really, the TDP of the 8350 is 125W and the CPU cooler supports 130W TDP, meaning that is should easily be able to cool the cpu.
    Also did you put thermal paste on top of the thermal paste already applied to the heat sink?
    as a build up in thermal paste results in insufficient cooling.

    i am 100% sure that i cleaned my cpu with isopropyl
  28. i solved my problem turns out it was too hot in my room i put a Air Conditioner in my room and its under 40 degrees now it was a little time consuming though :wahoo:
  29. Hahaha, didn't think it would be that simple...
    Lol always the way!
    Glad its fixed!
  30. thanks for everybody that answered :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming AMD CPUs Motherboards Fractal Design