Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AU $700-$1000 gaming pc

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Games
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 13, 2014 4:09:29 AM

Looking for a could Australian gaming PC build that will run high end games with good fps and on the highest settings.
Thankyou in advanced.

More about : 700 1000 gaming

a b 4 Gaming
May 13, 2014 5:25:33 AM

bobbyzone said:
Looking for a could Australian gaming PC build that will run high end games with good fps and on the highest settings.
Thankyou in advanced.


Do you overclock ?
Do you need DVD drive,OS and SSD?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 13, 2014 5:34:52 AM

Here you go. You Aussies must have it hard in the computer business, there are almost no good parts, and everything is expensive.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($132.00 @ CPL Online)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($229.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $971.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-13 22:33 EST+1000)
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
May 13, 2014 5:36:20 AM

AMD Build(Overclocking)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($239.00 @ CPL Online)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($159.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $1139.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-13 22:36 EST+1000)

Intel Build(Non-Overclocking)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($98.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $1004.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-13 22:38 EST+1000)
m
0
l
May 13, 2014 6:41:07 AM

I not sure what exactly overclocking is. And what would you suggest out of the amd and Intel?
Also with the build you made how well would it run games?
Thanks Parthu Revanth
m
0
l
May 13, 2014 6:59:05 AM

Parthu Revanth said:
AMD Build(Overclocking)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($239.00 @ CPL Online)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($159.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $1139.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-13 22:36 EST+1000)

Intel Build(Non-Overclocking)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($98.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $1004.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-13 22:38 EST+1000)

What is overclocking?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
May 13, 2014 7:58:55 AM

bobbyzone said:
Parthu Revanth said:
AMD Build(Overclocking)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($239.00 @ CPL Online)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($159.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $1139.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-13 22:36 EST+1000)

Intel Build(Non-Overclocking)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($98.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $1004.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-13 22:38 EST+1000)

What is overclocking?


Overclock mean you increase CPU speed.Suppose If you CPU Speed is 3.5Ghz you can increase to 4.0 to 4.5Ghz. It varies for different CPUs.
I don't recommend overclocking since it complicated.
Read This:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-guide,...

Go with non-overclocking Intel Build.
Share
!