Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Looking for the right PSU for my rig.

Last response: in Components
Share
May 13, 2014 6:09:10 PM

Lets say ill be building a rig:

i3 4130
Gtx 750
1TB WD HDD
4GB 1600
Asrock H81M-DGS

So, if im looking for a PSU, is 400W suffice?
If it do, what about Zalman-400-LE?

More about : psu rig

a b ) Power supply
May 13, 2014 6:13:04 PM

maliwan said:
Lets say ill be building a rig:

i3 4130
Gtx 750
1TB WD HDD
4GB 1600
Asrock H81M-DGS

So, if im looking for a PSU, is 400W suffice?
If it do, what about Zalman-400-LE?


Go with an XFX 550.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 13, 2014 6:23:50 PM

Thanks for reply, but may i know about Corsair VS450 too? Much appreciate for helps guys. Thanks.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 126 ) Power supply
a c 252 å Intel
May 13, 2014 6:57:08 PM

That'll work fine, the 750 and your CPU combo only call for a good 400 w/ 20 AMPs on the 12 volt, and that is allowing for extra overhead on the PSU
Share
May 13, 2014 10:14:30 PM

Alright. thanks alot, got my pick then. :)  im just buying locally, so cant afford over the net. :) 
m
0
l
a c 126 ) Power supply
a c 252 å Intel
May 13, 2014 11:24:08 PM

Keep us updated ;) 
m
0
l
May 21, 2014 10:02:39 PM

Okay, after sometime surveying,seeking advices and opinions..this is my final build.

Mobo - Asrock H81m-VG4
Proc - Intel i3 4130
GPU - Gainward GTX 750 2GB
RAM - Corsair Value Ram 4GB 1600Mhz
PSU - Seasonic M12-II 520 520W 80Plus Bronze
Storage - WD 500GB SATA III (will later upgrade to ssd when budget allows)
Casing - Corsair Carbide Spec-01
ODD - reuse old one
LCD Monitor - reuse old one

Ok idk if i still can seek opinions to discuss cooling matter here. :)  But anyway ill just ask..

What u guys think if i planning to use AIO hydro cooler H60 in the future to replace stock heatsink? Thx :) 
And what u think about the PSU that i chose instead of corsair tht i planned earlier. thanks :) 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
May 21, 2014 10:06:28 PM

The seasonic is great

The corsair cases are designed for their AIO coolers. The radiator will go in the one of the slots on top of the Corsair Carbide Spec-01 and pushing air out of the system will probably work nicely and keep dust to a minimum.

I am not sure about the thermal paste but it is usually between arctic cooling MX4 and arctic silver 5 (which is harder to apply)
m
0
l
May 21, 2014 10:14:49 PM



Ok as u can see, for air ventilation i will be using both front fan as air intake, both upper as exhaust, and the rear fan is to place the fan+radiator of H60. What u think about it?

As for thermal paste,this im not quite sure, got any recommendation guys? :)  Thx
m
0
l
a c 126 ) Power supply
a c 252 å Intel
May 21, 2014 10:16:27 PM

The SeaSonic is a great choice, I myself, am not a big fan of water cooling and there's really no need for it here...sorry, even if was a K model CPU and you planned to OC, there's a number of air coolers that are better than a H60
m
0
l
May 21, 2014 10:20:08 PM

Tradesman1 said:
The SeaSonic is a great choice, I myself, am not a big fan of water cooling and there's really no need for it here...sorry, even if was a K model CPU and you planned to OC, there's a number of air coolers that are better than a H60


I see, ya i agree on that. thanks for your opinion.
Well only will go if i got the budget,for now, will just stick with stock HSF.

Btw, do u got any recommendations?
m
0
l
a c 126 ) Power supply
a c 252 å Intel
May 21, 2014 10:25:42 PM

Hyper 212 EVO is a great cooler for about $30
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
May 21, 2014 10:27:48 PM

Cooler master evo 212 is the common one. I just run the stock heatsink since I underclock rather than overclock. Water cooling makes no sense to me since it just transfer the heat somewhat poorly to a radiator that still has a fan unless if they are forced to due to purchasing memory with giant heatsinks. I just said the best configuration and I forgot to say that it is a bad idea. Sorry.
m
0
l
May 22, 2014 12:19:43 AM

Pondering said:
Cooler master evo 212 is the common one. I just run the stock heatsink since I underclock rather than overclock. Water cooling makes no sense to me since it just transfer the heat somewhat poorly to a radiator that still has a fan unless if they are forced to due to purchasing memory with giant heatsinks. I just said the best configuration and I forgot to say that it is a bad idea. Sorry.


Nope thts ok, what i need is honest opinions, :)  much appreciate it Mister.
m
0
l
!