780 Ti Classified vs SLI 770?

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Hello all,
I've been debating whether to SLI my 770 2gb for a while now, but it would cost me 500 bucks or so to buy another card and better PSU.

I've been looking at the EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified as it seems like its almost on par to SLI, and further down the road I would be able to SLI that and have awesome performance, while the 770's would definitely lack.

Is it worth it to sell my EVGA GTX 770 SC for around 300 and buy the 780 Ti for 750? I wouldnt have to get a new PSU, and in the long run I'd be spending 850 bucks for the SLI and new PSU vs the 750 for the 1 780 Ti.

Im also worried about further down the road, I dont want my GPU's to lack quality and I know the 780 Ti SLI'd would dominate.

thanks

Solution
You seem to have yourself talked into the 780Ti. As it is, that is what I would suggest too. My suggestion is to always go with the single fastest card you can afford. SLI brings with it a whole set of problems that you just don't have with a single card setup. Some games don't benefit at all from SLI, some have weird bugs when run on multi-GPU systems. It also takes longer for nVidia to optimize their drivers for each new game when dealing with SLI.

I think your best bet is to get the 780Ti. If you gaming on a single monitor (especially 1080p) there is no reason to SLI the 780Ti. Maybe down the road if a few games are released that need that much power. Now if you are on a 4K display or you are running 5760 X 1080, then SLI...
You seem to have yourself talked into the 780Ti. As it is, that is what I would suggest too. My suggestion is to always go with the single fastest card you can afford. SLI brings with it a whole set of problems that you just don't have with a single card setup. Some games don't benefit at all from SLI, some have weird bugs when run on multi-GPU systems. It also takes longer for nVidia to optimize their drivers for each new game when dealing with SLI.

I think your best bet is to get the 780Ti. If you gaming on a single monitor (especially 1080p) there is no reason to SLI the 780Ti. Maybe down the road if a few games are released that need that much power. Now if you are on a 4K display or you are running 5760 X 1080, then SLI would be worth it.

Solution