Solved

Gaming build, is it good ? Suggestions please :)

-CPU INTEL Core i7-4770K BOX (3.5GHz, LGA1150, VGA)

-ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT

-8 GB DDR3-1333MHz Kingston HyperX Blue Fury, 2x4GB

-240 GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD SATA 3, 2.5 "9.5 mm

-CoolerMaster caseK350, USB3.0 supply 600W Thunder

-Gigabyte GTX 770 2 GB


Suggestions please, its my first time am trying to build a PC, and i didn't buy the stuffs yet, i need to look up at your suggestions before i do, thanks alot :)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build good suggestions
  1. You could probably get more performance if you switch your processor from a 4770k to a 4670k and spend the extra $100 on either a more powerful GPU, or an ssd.
    That is because many games get around the same performance on an i5 and i7, so the $100 upgrade to an i7 could be better spent
  2. To do
    - go lower on CPU, maybe a i5-4670k or FX-8320
    - get 2x4GB 1600MHz RAM
    - Go lower on motherboard Asus' ROG series are really premium and usually the buyer doesn't use it to its full potential
    - get a better SSD, like the Samsung 840 evo
    - get a nicer case
    - get a higher quality PSU from Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, or XFX
  3. IRONBATMAN said:
    To do
    - go lower on CPU, maybe a i5-4670k or FX-8320
    - get 2x4GB 1600MHz RAM
    - Go lower on motherboard Asus' ROG series are really premium and usually the buyer doesn't use it to its full potential
    - get a better SSD, like the Samsung 840 evo
    - get a nicer case
    - get a higher quality PSU from Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, or XFX



    Could u suggest me a PSU and a case .. cause am ordering it online and am worried about the space of the case if it would fit the stuffs or not
  4. what is your total budget? We can put something together that works for you.
  5. numanator said:
    what is your total budget? We can put something together that works for you.


    My budget is about 1000$, Without my GTX 770 GPU cause i already got it !

    And this is the site am buying from it " http://gear-up.me ", its in UAE you can check it the currency there is AED, Each 1 USD = 3.64 AED :)
  6. Best answer
    Here is what I would do parts wise:

    -Mobo- MSI Z87 G43 ($149)- http://gear-up.me/motherboard/intel-socket-lga-1150/msi-z87-g43-gaming-b.html
    -CPU- i5-4670k ($260)- http://gear-up.me/processors/intel-core-i5/cpu-intel-core-i5-4670k-box-3-4-ghz-lga1150-vga.html
    -RAM- CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB (2X4GB) 1866MHZ ($96)- http://gear-up.me/memory/ddr3/ddr3-crucial-ballistix-sport-8gb-2x4gb-1866mhz-cl10-1-5v.html
    -SSD- 120 GB Samsung Evo ($96)- http://gear-up.me/storage-devices/ssd-drive/ssd-2-5-quot-120-gb-samsung-840-sataiii-evo-basic.html
    -HDD- Seagate 1TB 7200RPM ($69)- http://gear-up.me/storage-devices/hard-drive-35-sata/hdd-1tb-seagate-barracuda-7200rpm-sataiii-64-mb-2rz.html
    -PSU- Seasonic M12II 620w PSU ($115)- http://gear-up.me/chassis-and-psu/power-supply-unit/seasonic-m12ii-620-620w-80-plus-bronze-retail.html
    -Case- Corsair 300R Windowed ($135)- http://gear-up.me/chassis-and-psu/chassis/pc-gaming-case-corsair-carbide-300r-windowed-compact.html

    Total: $920

    Left a bit of room if you wanted a different case (stick to Corsair, Coolermaster, Nzxt, Fractal Design for good air flow). Also if you plan to overclock your CPU you would want a CPU cooler (or even if your climate is hot it might help).

    Decent cooler for some minor overclocking:
    CPU Cooler- CM 212 EVO ($46)- http://gear-up.me/processors/cpu-coolers/coolermaster-hyper-212-evo-cooler-and-skt-fm1.html

    The i7 doesnt provide enough benefits for gaming over the i5 for its price increase. If you plan to do video rendering or editing then the i7 is useful + more ram.

    Edit: I really like the fractal design r4 case (quiet, good cooling, simple and stylish IMO) but it is expensive for you (usually only 20-30 more than the corsair 300R in the US vs $80 more for you)
    http://gear-up.me/processors/cpu-coolers/coolermaster-hyper-212-evo-cooler-and-skt-fm1.html
  7. numanator said:
    Here is what I would do parts wise:

    -Mobo- MSI Z87 G43 ($149)- http://gear-up.me/motherboard/intel-socket-lga-1150/msi-z87-g43-gaming-b.html
    -CPU- i5-4670k ($260)- http://gear-up.me/processors/intel-core-i5/cpu-intel-core-i5-4670k-box-3-4-ghz-lga1150-vga.html
    -RAM- CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB (2X4GB) 1866MHZ ($96)- http://gear-up.me/memory/ddr3/ddr3-crucial-ballistix-sport-8gb-2x4gb-1866mhz-cl10-1-5v.html
    -SSD- 120 GB Samsung Evo ($96)- http://gear-up.me/storage-devices/ssd-drive/ssd-2-5-quot-120-gb-samsung-840-sataiii-evo-basic.html
    -HDD- Seagate 1TB 7200RPM ($69)- http://gear-up.me/storage-devices/hard-drive-35-sata/hdd-1tb-seagate-barracuda-7200rpm-sataiii-64-mb-2rz.html
    -PSU- Seasonic M12II 620w PSU ($115)- http://gear-up.me/chassis-and-psu/power-supply-unit/seasonic-m12ii-620-620w-80-plus-bronze-retail.html
    -Case- Corsair 300R Windowed ($135)- http://gear-up.me/chassis-and-psu/chassis/pc-gaming-case-corsair-carbide-300r-windowed-compact.html

    Total: $920

    Left a bit of room if you wanted a different case (stick to Corsair, Coolermaster, Nzxt, Fractal Design for good air flow). Also if you plan to overclock your CPU you would want a CPU cooler (or even if your climate is hot it might help).

    Decent cooler for some minor overclocking:
    CPU Cooler- CM 212 EVO ($46)- http://gear-up.me/processors/cpu-coolers/coolermaster-hyper-212-evo-cooler-and-skt-fm1.html

    The i7 doesnt provide enough benefits for gaming over the i5 for its price increase. If you plan to do video rendering or editing then the i7 is useful + more ram.

    Edit: I really like the fractal design r4 case (quiet, good cooling, simple and stylish IMO) but it is expensive for you (usually only 20-30 more than the corsair 300R in the US vs $80 more for you)
    http://gear-up.me/processors/cpu-coolers/coolermaster-hyper-212-evo-cooler-and-skt-fm1.html


    Thanks man, Am going for this build and am adding the CM 212 EVO cooler + Fractal design R4, I've been checking for a build for like a month so far and whenever i compare between prices here and prices on amazon or newegg, i found its way too expensive here but hopefully this build works well and i can play games smoothly :)

    Thanks very much.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Intel i7 Intel Kingston VGA CPUs Build Systems