Solved

Can someone come up with a theoretical build for me?

Can someone give me a theoretical build that can run any game at 60fps highest settings with no dips (1080p)
Which type of setup do I need for absolutely no dips?
29 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about theoretical build
  1. What is your budget and where do you live ?

    Without a budget you could get a i7-4770k + GTX 780 , they would max every game.
  2. IRONBATMAN said:
    What is your budget and where do you live ?

    Without a budget you could get a i7-4770k + GTX 780 , they would max every game.


    Well, it's theoretical, and the gtx 780ti doesnt run all at <60fps+
  3. Yes the GTX 780 Ti does, Do some more research, it gives 60+ fps on a lot of games in Ultra settings in 1080p. Or am i wrong and can you tell me how, i'm open to learn something.
  4. Anonymous said:
    Yes the GTX 780 Ti does, Do some more research, it gives 60+ fps on a lot of games in Ultra settings in 1080p. Or am i wrong and can you tell me how, i'm open to learn something.


    I think crysis 3, bf4 and metro 2033 dont run at 60fps stable, form what i remember
  5. Heres a video that shows the 780 gets up to 90 fps on full ultra settings. The 780 Ti is able to blow it away. But if money isn't an object, wait a minute and i will put one together.
  6. Anonymous said:
    Heres a video that shows the 780 gets up to 90 fps on full ultra settings. The 780 Ti is able to blow it away. But if money isn't an object, wait a minute and i will put one together.


    what about crysis 3 on max? metro 2033?
  7. Best answer
    Sorry, I forgot to put the benchmarks link in, that aside, i can ASSURE you, that this will be able to play ultra settings on any of the latest intensive games and heres a description/reason for each of my choices for you, bearing in mind that you said
    "Well, it's theoretical"
    in response to
    "What is your budget and where do you live ?"

    So, here it is:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Best Buy)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($373.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($159.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($83.97 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (3-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (3-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (3-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case ($279.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 1250W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($241.25 @ Mwave)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar Phoebus 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($178.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Fan Controller: Aerocool Touch-1000 Fan Controller ($42.39 @ Amazon)
    Fan Controller: Gelid Solutions SpeedTouch6 Fan Controller ($43.98 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Touchpad ($247.98 @ Newegg)
    Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Wired Laser Mouse ($78.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Headphones: Logitech G930 7.1 Channel Headset ($101.99 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $5298.14
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-20 16:32 EDT-0400)


    So,

    1) I chose the i7 4770k because though it may be overkill for gaming at the moment, it may come in handy for other activities you do and may be good for future games. It is a K series card so it means that you can overclock it if you choose to.

    2) I chose the H100i because i personally like the aesthetics of it over the Noctua CPU coolers and they perform just as well.

    3) I chose the Maximus VI Extreme because it allows for Quad SLI and has a tonne of good features that you can easily find in better reviews It also comes with the OC Panel which you can use to control 4 fans and overclock to an extent, it monitors temperatures and also fits into one of the four 5.25" ports on the case.

    4) Here is the Corsair Vengeance Pro memory that's 1600 with a CAS rating of 9. There is 16gb's which is more than enough for Gaming but it will allow you to do other memory intensive activities such as video rendering if you want to do some video editing and recording.

    5)There are two Samsung EVO 120gb's which you could set up in a raid configuration for your OS and other important applications such as Skype. There is another Samsung EVO 250gb for anything else such as games you play often. There is a final Hard Drive which is 2Tb for other files etc. You will NOT run out of space.

    6)There are then three EVGA GTX 780 TI's which will destroy any game you throw at it while in ULTRA settings. This is also the Superclocked edition with ACX cooling.

    7)The 900D, well, this Case is Supersized; I actually like the aesthetics of this case and it so big that if you choose to you can implement water cooling very easily with lots of room left over. However, it does come with a price.

    8)There is a fully modular 1200W PSU because there are three 780 Ti's running in there which will require a lot of power and there is still room on the Motherboard for another card.

    9)There's a drive because, well, you might need it to install your gpraphics drivers from the disk they provide you ;) But seriously, you might have DVD's you want to watch or something like that. It only takes up a 5.25" bay of which there are 4 in the case.

    10)Windows 8.1 is actually alright for games as long as you can live with the interface or change it using one of the third party programs available.

    11)I was unsure if you had a monitor but if you do, just put it above these three and have it display your temperatures ;) Here there are three 24inch 1080p monitors which you can set up Nvidia surround on.

    12)Here's a sound card i added because it is one of the best ones available and is nice to have if you can afford it.

    13)Now these extra fans are overkill and this IS extreme, however, with three GPU's in SLI this will produce a lot of heat, and with this being a "Theoretical Build" and price being an issue, i would personally have this many fans. With the included fans there will be a total of 14, however, I do not care about noise because I use an Active noise cancelling headset.

    14)Here are two more fan controllers that will enable the use of all the fans and also enable you to control them with ease. There is a 6 fan controller for the 6 side fans, a 4 fan controller for the top and rear fans and there is a 4 fan controller in the OC Panel to control the remaining fans.

    15)Finally there is a standard Mouse, Keyboard and headset that you can purchase if you don't already have them.

    I can fully understand if this is tl;tr aha. However as an added note, for a theoretical build I would rather go with two custom water cooling loops for the motherboard, CPU and graphics card.
  8. Anonymous said:
    Sorry, I forgot to put the benchmarks link in, that aside, i can ASSURE you, that this will be able to play ultra settings on any of the latest intensive games and heres a description/reason for each of my choices for you, bearing in mind that you said
    "Well, it's theoretical"
    in response to
    "What is your budget and where do you live ?"

    So, here it is:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Best Buy)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($373.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($159.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($83.97 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (3-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (3-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (3-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case ($279.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 1250W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($241.25 @ Mwave)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar Phoebus 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($178.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Fan Controller: Aerocool Touch-1000 Fan Controller ($42.39 @ Amazon)
    Fan Controller: Gelid Solutions SpeedTouch6 Fan Controller ($43.98 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Touchpad ($247.98 @ Newegg)
    Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Wired Laser Mouse ($78.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Headphones: Logitech G930 7.1 Channel Headset ($101.99 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $5298.14
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-20 16:32 EDT-0400)


    So,

    1) I chose the i7 4770k because though it may be overkill for gaming at the moment, it may come in handy for other activities you do and may be good for future games. It is a K series card so it means that you can overclock it if you choose to.

    2) I chose the H100i because i personally like the aesthetics of it over the Noctua CPU coolers and they perform just as well.

    3) I chose the Maximus VI Extreme because it allows for Quad SLI and has a tonne of good features that you can easily find in better reviews It also comes with the OC Panel which you can use to control 4 fans and overclock to an extent, it monitors temperatures and also fits into one of the four 5.25" ports on the case.

    4) Here is the Corsair Vengeance Pro memory that's 1600 with a CAS rating of 9. There is 16gb's which is more than enough for Gaming but it will allow you to do other memory intensive activities such as video rendering if you want to do some video editing and recording.

    5)There are two Samsung EVO 120gb's which you could set up in a raid configuration for your OS and other important applications such as Skype. There is another Samsung EVO 250gb for anything else such as games you play often. There is a final Hard Drive which is 2Tb for other files etc. You will NOT run out of space.

    6)There are then three EVGA GTX 780 TI's which will destroy any game you throw at it while in ULTRA settings. This is also the Superclocked edition with ACX cooling.

    7)The 900D, well, this Case is Supersized; I actually like the aesthetics of this case and it so big that if you choose to you can implement water cooling very easily with lots of room left over. However, it does come with a price.

    8)There is a fully modular 1200W PSU because there are three 780 Ti's running in there which will require a lot of power and there is still room on the Motherboard for another card.

    9)There's a drive because, well, you might need it to install your gpraphics drivers from the disk they provide you ;) But seriously, you might have DVD's you want to watch or something like that. It only takes up a 5.25" bay of which there are 4 in the case.

    10)Windows 8.1 is actually alright for games as long as you can live with the interface or change it using one of the third party programs available.

    11)I was unsure if you had a monitor but if you do, just put it above these three and have it display your temperatures ;) Here there are three 24inch 1080p monitors which you can set up Nvidia surround on.

    12)Here's a sound card i added because it is one of the best ones available and is nice to have if you can afford it.

    13)Now these extra fans are overkill and this IS extreme, however, with three GPU's in SLI this will produce a lot of heat, and with this being a "Theoretical Build" and price being an issue, i would personally have this many fans. With the included fans there will be a total of 14, however, I do not care about noise because I use an Active noise cancelling headset.

    14)Here are two more fan controllers that will enable the use of all the fans and also enable you to control them with ease. There is a 6 fan controller for the 6 side fans, a 4 fan controller for the top and rear fans and there is a 4 fan controller in the OC Panel to control the remaining fans.

    15)Finally there is a standard Mouse, Keyboard and headset that you can purchase if you don't already have them.

    I can fully understand if this is tl;tr aha. However as an added note, for a theoretical build I would rather go with two custom water cooling loops for the motherboard, CPU and graphics card.


    Damn, that's pretty much flawless.
    Besides this part:

    The three hard drives wont last me :P I'd have to buy another 2 4tbs, but that build looks pretty flawless.
    also i live in AU so it'll be like $6k.
    How about an offordable build now? Like the specs have to play any game at 60fps but for as cheap as possible, and holy crap nice answer. You should you add me on steam cuz im shit knowing parts ;)
    Also, if you are going to spend that much on a pc you might want 2400 ram :P
    Stuff to remove or add:

    -Mouse
    -Keyboard
    -Monitor
    +4tb hdd
    -dvd drive, who doesn't have one lol
    -headset
    Not sure about the sound card, i'd have to hear it first.
    -windows

    All i can think of, you did good.
  9. Affordable for Gaming, i'll be one second... That much memory wont last you, what kind of stuff do you store on your computer, must be HD Blue Ray copies of something ;)
  10. Anonymous said:
    Affordable for Gaming, i'll be one second... That much memory wont last you, what kind of stuff do you store on your computer, must be HD Blue Ray copies of something ;)


    Bulk is games, music.
  11. I would have added in the 6GB 780 ti. Then $2k to watercooler that beast and you're good to go.
  12. Well here is something a little more affordable that will play ultra settings and get a good fps rating dependent on what resolution you are playing at. Another GPU could be added to make it SLI if this is within your Price range to help you if you are playing on more than one monitor though the GTX 780Ti pretty much destroys most games at the moment anyway. The case fans and controller are not really necessary but i like them as you can tell anyway.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.97 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($253.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.95 @ Amazon)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Fan Controller: BitFenix Recon (Black) Fan Controller ($39.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $2177.66
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-20 20:40 EDT-0400)
  13. Anonymous said:
    Well here is something a little more affordable that will play ultra settings and get a good fps rating dependent on what resolution you are playing at. Another GPU could be added to make it SLI if this is within your Price range to help you if you are playing on more than one monitor though the GTX 780Ti pretty much destroys most games at the moment anyway. The case fans and controller are not really necessary but i like them as you can tell anyway.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.97 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($253.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.95 @ Amazon)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Fan Controller: BitFenix Recon (Black) Fan Controller ($39.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $2177.66
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-20 20:40 EDT-0400)


    AUD! Also wouldnt a hyper 212 do?
    Also holy crap gtx 780 are 600 in usd im screwed if i want one
  14. Anonymous said:
    Well here is something a little more affordable that will play ultra settings and get a good fps rating dependent on what resolution you are playing at. Another GPU could be added to make it SLI if this is within your Price range to help you if you are playing on more than one monitor though the GTX 780Ti pretty much destroys most games at the moment anyway. The case fans and controller are not really necessary but i like them as you can tell anyway.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.97 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($253.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.95 @ Amazon)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Fan Controller: BitFenix Recon (Black) Fan Controller ($39.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $2177.66
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-20 20:40 EDT-0400)


    AUD! Also wouldnt a hyper 212 do?
    Also holy crap gtx 780 are 600 in usd im screwed if i want one
  15. Tell me what screen resolution you want to use and what games you want to play and i can cut it down significantly?
  16. wip99gt said:
    I would have added in the 6GB 780 ti. Then $2k to watercooler that beast and you're good to go.

    6gb 780 Ti ?
    COMPLETELY AGREE with watercooling, in my opinion it looks and works amazing, if you have enough money to throw at it that is, baring in mind some people spend less then what it costs to buy watercooling components than on their actual computer.
  17. Anonymous said:
    Tell me what screen resolution you want to use and what games you want to play and i can cut it down significantly?


    1080p.
    Theoretical build so far, I right now play borderlands 2, garry's mod, call of duty, so obviouslly i dont need a $2k pc rofl.
    Just seeing what i need for games like thief, bf4, crysis 3, far cry 4. AT ALL 60 FPS!!! IM A FREAK FOR FPS. :)
  18. wip99gt said:
    I would have added in the 6GB 780 ti. Then $2k to watercooler that beast and you're good to go.


    2k for cooling?
    holy crap are you overclocking to 10ghz or something? I recommend liquid nitrogen Kappa
    Also, theres a 6gb version? isnt that better than a titan rofl
  19. There isnt a 6gb 780 Ti version at the moment as far as i know, however they have been working on one since around January i think?
  20. If i had the money I could easily spend 2k on cooling; The Motherboard, The Ram, The CPU, The GPU's, and The Storage ;) I would run 3 different loops in one of the Caselabs cases, One for the CPU, One for the GPU's and One for the Motherboard and the Ram and the Storage. 3 different Radiators, Reservoirs and pumps. The stuff you can do when you have lots of money.
  21. Anonymous said:
    If i had the money I could easily spend 2k on cooling; The Motherboard, The Ram, The CPU, The GPU's, and The Storage ;) I would run 3 different loops in one of the Caselabs cases, One for the CPU, One for the GPU's and One for the Motherboard and the Ram and the Storage. 3 different Radiators, Reservoirs and pumps. The stuff you can do when you have lots of money.


    You should overlcock your life
    Also from what i can read you're a lot better at pcs then me :(
  22. Anonymous said:
    There isnt a 6gb 780 Ti version at the moment as far as i know, however they have been working on one since around January i think?


    then the titan will become like ps2 keyboards
  23. Im very much new too PC's compared to a lot of people, I only became a user of this last week! The only difference between you and I is probably that I have had a lot more time to do research. None stop daily research and reading for two weeks can certainly teach you a lot, its also key to ask questions and start threads like this to get advice and guidance from others who may have experiences that you can learn from. And when it really comes down to it its all about the money and time you have available to spend. Im still looking forward to building my first water-cooled gaming/coding/video editing computer in about 4 weeks time. Baring in mind I have a rather large budget due to saving for two years and having a rather generous grandmother.
  24. Anonymous said:
    Im very much new too PC's compared to a lot of people, I only became a user of this last week! The only difference between you and I is probably that I have had a lot more time to do research. None stop daily research and reading for two weeks can certainly teach you a lot, its also key to ask questions and start threads like this to get advice and guidance from others who may have experiences that you can learn from. And when it really comes down to it its all about the money and time you have available to spend. Im still looking forward to building my first water-cooled gaming/coding/video editing computer in about 4 weeks time. Baring in mind I have a rather large budget due to saving for two years and having a rather generous grandmother.


    Ive been pc gaming for like 3 years and i joined this site for questions when i got bored at school a couple of weeks ago :P
    I dont even know how to build yet :D
    However, i do really want to upgrade my processer, im so sick of having a quad core.
  25. Well then we are pretty much the same. Now that I have had study leave from School for my upcoming exams, and, without sounding too modest, I do not particularly need every hour of the day to accomplish good grades. Thus meaning I have found time to research and plan a build that I have been waiting for for over two years , due to the fact that though i was offered a computer I refused because I wanted to save the money for a better build and so just stuck with my console. This has left me with a rather high, unstated budget, of which i want to spend wisely so as i can not just build a high end gaming computer, but afford games to run on it, even with Steams sales etc, games can burn a large whole in your wallet. I can build but I have not had a go at building a fully water-cooled computer as of yet. Man am I looking forward to a nice and rainy British summer.
  26. Anonymous said:
    Well then we are pretty much the same. Now that I have had study leave from School for my upcoming exams, and, without sounding too modest, I do not particularly need every hour of the day to accomplish good grades. Thus meaning I have found time to research and plan a build that I have been waiting for for over two years , due to the fact that though i was offered a computer I refused because I wanted to save the money for a better build and so just stuck with my console. This has left me with a rather high, unstated budget, of which i want to spend wisely so as i can not just build a high end gaming computer, but afford games to run on it, even with Steams sales etc, games can burn a large whole in your wallet. I can build but I have not had a go at building a fully water-cooled computer as of yet. Man am I looking forward to a nice and rainy British summer.


    im scared of water cooling!
    and its expensive, im still on stock cooling for my cpu, but that's cause its pretty bad. I really want a 3770k or something and then get a hyper 212 evo.and get rid of my current finally.

    I havent even researched cooling letalone water cooling.
    Also some advice, dont cut out on your power supply, or PSU. I learned about buying a bad gpu. And I bought a high wattage psu after watching some videos warning me about it.
  27. My bad on the 780 ti 6gb. I assumed since there is a 6gb 780 out there there'd be a ti version with it.
    With the 2k on cooling it is a little high but if you are going all out on the pc then why not all out on the cooling? Three good waterblocks and backplates for the gpus will come close to $400 alone. Cpu, motherboard and memory will be another $300. Radiators will be $300. Then you still have all the fittings, reservoirs, pumps, fans, etc.
  28. My computers are the same to me as my vehicles. They always need more power. All my computers are overclocked and all my vehicles are modified. If I can figure out a way to tweak something then I do it.
  29. The title should have been " looking for the best PC build "
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Build Systems