Which 770 2gb card should I get?

SteadyEddy_

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
I was going to get I was going to get the EVGA Superclocked 780 3gb, but the 770 is a lot cheaper.

I'm tossing up between the ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II Overclocked 2GB and the EVGA GeForce GTX770 SC Version with ACX

Is one better than the other? Also I might run another one in SLI later in the year if I buy another monitor.

Going to be running a single 1920 x 1080 Asus monitor.

Solution
All GTX 770 are the same in terms of performance. The main difference is the cooling system on the card. AMD designs the reference GPU chip and the different Manufacturers design cooler and quieter cooling solutions. Some companies over clock the card but its no different from you doing so for free.

-Asus DirectCU II
-Gigabyte Windforce 3x
-MSI Twin Frozr

Top cooling systems

Airm3n

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
If you are planning to run 2x monitors then I wouldn't bother with sli personally. 3x monitors then you'd probably starting running into vram issues on the cards no matter sli or not. Not gonna get any decent gaming out of 2x monitors and if you could you'd be staring at a nice black bezel. I'd say that between the two cards though that both are gonna be good but having used cards both with directcu and evga i like the evga better. Personal opinion though.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
All GTX 770 are the same in terms of performance. The main difference is the cooling system on the card. AMD designs the reference GPU chip and the different Manufacturers design cooler and quieter cooling solutions. Some companies over clock the card but its no different from you doing so for free.

-Asus DirectCU II
-Gigabyte Windforce 3x
-MSI Twin Frozr

Top cooling systems

Solution

Entomber

Admirable

AMD designs Nvidia's GPUs?

Airm3n

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

You beat me to it lol

SteadyEddy_

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

I've heard that the EVGA is a quieter card than the asus, but they do both run the same?

Thanks a lot