FX 8320 combined with Radeon HD Graphics.

Nagromicous

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
I'm in the process of building my first computer and have just bought my CPU: AMD FX 8320 and it says on the side of the box "Combine this processor with AMD Radeon Graphics and AMD 9-Series Chipsets to enjoy the ultimate HD experience with supercharged, responsive game play and mega-multitasking performance."
Two questions: What are 9-series chipsets and when it says combine with them does this mean that it will get extra performance because of the CPU with a Radeon card rather than an Nvidia one, or is it just advertising their graphics cards. Sorry noob question but I am a noob.
Thanks.

Solution

The 9-series chipset is something that your motherboard should have so that you actually can use the cpu, and of course the socket on the...

Romeru

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

The 9-series chipset is something that your motherboard should have so that you actually can use the cpu, and of course the socket on the motherboard where the cpu sits should be AM3+.

As for graphics cards, yes. They're just trying to make you buy their gpu's. Either Nvidia or AMD will work. There is no real performance difference.

Solution

Nagromicous

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Ah, okay thanks for the reply I'm going to get a Gigabyte 970A-UD3P which is 970, but from what people have been saying it's a great board as for the graphics card, I'm not sure what I'm going to get because that's the last thing I'm buying and am going to save up until Christmas so I can get one for about £400. (I bought an old GTX 560 for £80 to last me until then.)