$1000 USD Gaming PC Build

Das_Luftwaffenas

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better) 2-3 weeks

Budget Range: $1000 after rebates. Can go slightly over, but would prefer not to.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and general use.

Are you buying a monitor: No for now I will use my 32" HDTV.

Parts to Upgrade: Everything. This is my first build.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes. Most likely Windows 7. I am open the possibility of Windows 8.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I am not sure really where to buy from. I defer to your knowledge

Parts Preferences: Intel for CPU. Nvidia for GPU

Overclocking: Most likely in the future but not at this moment.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future if necessary.

Your Monitor Resolution: Umm When I plug my laptop into my TV (my laptop screen is broken) The resolution that looks correct is 1360x768.

Additional Comments: I just want the best parts that I can get within my budget. I just want a practical build that will do what it is supposed to. I do not care about it being loud or ugly. As long as it gets the job done I will be happy.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I have been stuck playing on consoles for years and now I have some spare money to get something I have wanted for a long time. I can't wait to get to use all those awesome mods people create and play some survival horror games that only the pc has.

Extra Information: I would like to play all the latest games on as high settings as possible, however I have no problem with turning down some settings if I need to. I would like to have this build last as long as it can (wouldn't everybody) and just upgrade the GPU sometime later and other parts if needed.
I have done some research and have seen many people recommend the Intel i5 4670k and the GTX 770 2GB. So if those are good and compatible and whatnot then that sounds good to me. Again I defer to your knowledge.

I no clue what other parts to get, which are best, ect. I just want to make sure that when everything I ordered arrives that it will all fit properly in the case and that it will come with all the cables, wires, and whatever else I need.

Thank you all in advance for your help. I am eager to finally get to play recent and new games on pc. Now all my laptop can really run is IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 with the settings turned to low. It is still a great game nonetheless. The mods available for that game are amazing, but I guess that is off topic :).

Here you go :)
Slightly went over budget but it's worth the money :D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($299.24 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Antec HCG M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($75.00 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1038.13
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-17 13:05 EDT-0400)

Solution

Das_Luftwaffenas

Reputable
May 17, 2014
So is this the best stuff to get within my budget? Do you really think I should get windows 8 over 7? Also I don't plan to overclock any time soon most likely. Should I just skip the CPU cooler for now or just install it right away anyways? What do you guys think?

Windows 8.1 is good for some new games like BF4 also DX-12 will supported with only win8 and last it's always good by going with latest hardware/software, I would recommend you getting CPU cooler anyway (stock is just loud even with stock speeds) and "K" CPU is not so expensive, it's fun to OC. :)

Das_Luftwaffenas

Reputable
May 17, 2014

Alright then thanks for your help. I will get to start ordering a little sooner since I found $100 dollars in the parking lot at work. Thanks again.