Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can i run Far Cry 3 on Ultra Graphics 60+ FPS 1920x1080 Resolution

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Default
  • Video Games
  • CPUs
  • Heat
  • GPUs
  • Performance
Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 17, 2014 10:06:46 AM

My Specs

• 3.3 GHz Intel ® Core ™ i5-4440 quad-core processor (3.3 GHz Turbo)
• Intel ® H87 chipset
• Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory (4 slots, max. 32GB) • 1000 GB hard drive (7200rpm) + 8 GB SSD Cache (up to 4 TB SATA 6 Gb / s)
• 1000 GB hard drive (7200rpm) + 8 GB SSD Cache (up to 4 TB SATA 6 Gb / s)
• ASUS GeForce ® GTX 760 DirectCU II graphics card; 3 GB GDDR5 (overclocked)
• Windows 8.1 64 bit

GPU Frequency (Default 1006MHz) (Overclocked 1127MHz)
Boost Frequency (Default 1072MHz) (Overclocked 1192MHz)
Actual In-Game Frequency (Default 1137MHz) (Overclocked 1254 MHz)
Memory Frequency (Default 6.008GHZ) (Overclocked 6.408GHz)

More about : run cry ultra graphics fps 1920x1080 resolution

a b à CPUs
May 17, 2014 10:09:12 AM

I'm guessing you mean 1920x1080p. If so, you will be able to run it on almost ultra at 60FPS most times. Just turn down PostFX as it really kills your framerate.
Also, the GTX 760 doesn't have 3GB of VRAM.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 95 à CPUs
May 17, 2014 10:12:13 AM

well for 60+ you will need to lower antialiasing. apart from that you can max out any other option! and have HBAO(nvidia) option not HDAO(ATI) . maxed out far cry will hardly pass 1.5 gb of vram
m
0
l
Related resources
May 17, 2014 10:17:48 AM

Dylzan said:
I'm guessing you mean 1920x1080p. If so, you will be able to run it on almost ultra at 60FPS most times. Just turn down PostFX as it really kills your framerate.
Also, the GTX 760 doesn't have 3GB of VRAM.


What do you mean, my gtx 760 has 3gb ram :/ 
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 95 à CPUs
May 17, 2014 10:19:57 AM

your gpu has either 2 or 4gb of vram. there isnt a 3gb version.! use gpu z

m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2014 10:20:52 AM

No it doesn't, 760s only come with 2 or 4GB of RAM.

Also, you'll want to turn both Post Processing and Geometry from Ultra down to High or so. Everything else is fine to turn up to highest, but you'll have to stay under 4xMSAA to maintain playable framerates in most parts of the game.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a c 185 à CPUs
May 17, 2014 10:29:19 AM

Asus only lists a 2GB version.

FAR CRY 3 tips:
*This was one of the few games I had issues tweaking properly:

#1 - Leave the anti-aliasing OFF (It still looks great so must have some AA already. Turning on MSAA is really demanding).

#2 - Leave the GPU/Synch buffers at "1" each (I forget the names).

#3 - HBAO etc (Only one of these looks right, and the others have a weird "shadow glow" as the ambient occlusion is all messed up.

#4 - See if 1600x900 benefits (slightly less sharp than 1920x1080 but smoother game play)

#5 - Use ADAPTIVE VSYNC (force on in the NVidia CP-> Manage 3D settings-> ...)

Summary:
Once I finally sorted these out the game was a lot better. I found the screen tearing to be HORRIBLE so I had to play around with the settings to keep the frame rate above 60FPS (to enable VSYNC). I found the best balance with using Adaptive VSync and dropping below 60FPS less than 10% of the time.
Share
a b K Overclocking
a c 95 à CPUs
May 17, 2014 10:30:34 AM

indeed! ive never encountered one. 192bit bus could cripple performance on that gpu. gpuz wont lie though!
m
0
l
May 17, 2014 10:33:57 AM

photonboy said:
Asus only lists a 2GB version.

FAR CRY 3 tips:
*This was one of the few games I had issues tweaking properly:

#1 - Leave the anti-aliasing OFF (It still looks great so must have some AA already. Turning on MSAA is really demanding).

#2 - Leave the GPU/Synch buffers at "1" each (I forget the names).

#3 - HBAO etc (Only one of these looks right, and the others have a weird "shadow glow" as the ambient occlusion is all messed up.

#4 - See if 1600x900 benefits (slightly less sharp than 1920x1080 but smoother game play)

#5 - Use ADAPTIVE VSYNC (force on in the NVidia CP-> Manage 3D settings-> ...)

Summary:
Once I finally sorted these out the game was a lot better. I found the screen tearing to be HORRIBLE so I had to play around with the settings to keep the frame rate above 60FPS (to enable VSYNC). I found the best balance with using Adaptive VSync and dropping below 60FPS less than 10% of the time.


What if i play on 1280x720 resolution and the place where i bought my computer told me that it is a Modded Asus Geforce GTX 760 with 3 GB GDDR5.

This is what were wrote down on the page i bought this computer.
ASUS Graphics Card - cold power
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 for the graphics card GPU Boost 2.0 technology to card parameters can be changed, and the operation of the controller gives a clear picture. The memory amount is masculine level - 3 GB. The card cooling copper is directly attached to the processor. This improves cooling to about 20% of the fan's job easier and the noise level is lowered. Processor power received by the adequacy and timeliness is ensured, which in turn reduces the heat output of up to 17%.

and on CPU-Z it says 3 gb and it is not a 192-bit OEM
m
0
l
May 17, 2014 10:34:46 AM

Yeah, it seems like a trial card that they never actually sent out, as for the OP, as usual photonboy has all the info you'll need.
m
0
l
May 17, 2014 1:36:28 PM

Jake Lloyd said:
Yeah, it seems like a trial card that they never actually sent out, as for the OP, as usual photonboy has all the info you'll need.


Trial card?

m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2014 8:46:01 PM

It's just an OEM 760, it comes with a 192-bit memory bus and 1.5 or 3GB of VRAM. It's basically a slightly cut-down 760 with the same shader count that will perform slightly under a 660 Ti and over a 660 due to the 192-bit bus but slightly lower memory clocks. In comparison, the OEM 760 Ti is a rebranded 670.
m
0
l
!