New HIS R9 270 Card

kstats

Reputable
May 17, 2014
I just installed a new HIS R9 270 graphics card and I can't get my Samsung XL2270 monitor to display anything. It works with the plug and play drivers that windows finds, but as soon as I install the latest AMD drivers for the graphics card, it does not display anymore. I can get my LG to detect and display coming from the mini display-port to dvi on the screen, as well as DVI to DVI. I tried hdmi-dvi converter to the samsung and it won't detect as well as mini display-port to DVI to the Samsung and it does not detect, but it will detect with DVI to DVI, but is just black. I was curious if anyone else had any advice or suggestions. I tried older drivers, but then BF4 won't run (it did display though, but only one screen at a time).

Thanks,
Kyle

Solution

thats all up to date

did you try a sfc /scannow just to check for any corrupt files?

kstats

Reputable
May 17, 2014
It is on auto select, and I have tried manually switching between analog and digital input, I also made sure that the graphics card was giving it the proper (60Hz) refresh rate.

im sorry i missed that, i thought it was black and white when it did work altogether. So if it works perfectly with THAT pc connected to a DIFFERENT (not the samsung) monitor, its safe to assume the samsung is causing the issue..

kstats

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Okay, so the latest driver doesn't even come with the AHCI driver, maybe I actually need it, but I can't figure out where they have that to download separately.

kstats

Reputable
May 17, 2014
There were no integrity violations! Just as some additional information here, I now have a Hanns-G LCD working with it now, as well as a Dell LCD working with it. So something is really goofy about the Samsung monitor. My brother could not get it running with his AMD card either, which is a 7750 with 13.3 catalyst driver or something. It worked perfectly fine with my old Nvidia 9800gtx+

kstats

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Okay, so crazy thing. Finally got it working. I am coming out of the graphics card from the DVI port, converting it to VGA, then converting it back to a DVI plug (because the Monitor only accepts the DVI plug) So the monitor is accepting an analog signal and is working in 1080p and all that jazz.