Solved

Not getting audio (asus m5a97 R2.0)

I just built my first personal computer, and everything is working perfectly except for one thing. I am getting no audio from my speakers which are set up through the audio jack on my motherboard. I wonder if it could be a problem with the way I have set up my front panel connectors? Do I need a special audio component for this motherboard? Any help is appreciated, Thanks!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about audio asus m5a97
  1. Did you install the proper audio drivers? And are the speakers hooked up to the ports on the back of the computer or to the audio jack in the front of the case.
  2. I installed the realtek hd audio drivers that came on the disk with the motherboard. And my speakers are hooked up to the pink jack on the motherboard. My computer detects an audio driver but I still get no sound.
  3. ThatVietGuy said:
    Did you install the proper audio drivers? And are the speakers hooked up to the ports on the back of the computer or to the audio jack in the front of the case.


    Anonymous said:
    I installed the realtek hd audio drivers that came on the disk with the motherboard. And my speakers are hooked up to the pink jack on the motherboard. My computer detects an audio driver but I still get no sound.


    I installed the realtek hd audio drivers that came on the disk with the motherboard. And my speakers are hooked up to the pink jack on the motherboard. My computer detects an audio driver but I still get no sound.
  4. Best answer
    Try right clicking the sound icon in the lower right corner and select "Playback Devices."

    Make sure the speakers are selected as default.
  5. ThatVietGuy said:
    Try right clicking the sound icon in the lower right corner and select "Playback Devices."

    Make sure the speakers are selected as default.


    That did it, Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Audio Motherboards