Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Error code 0x80070057 with Windows 7 install on new computer. Motherboard, HDD???

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Computers
  • Components
  • Hard Drives
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Components
May 18, 2014 10:15:36 PM

Hello, last week built my computer when I hit the problem of error code 0x80070057 when trying to install Windows 7. I tried everything from new SATA cables to deleting the information on my hard drive.

I have now ordered a new motherboard as my current one was okay. My new motherboard gets here tomorrow and I was wondering what I would have to do if I hit the same problem. Right now, I'm thinking of returning the WD hard drive (if I encounter the same problem) as I couldn't even format it when I got the option. However, it could as well been the motherboard.

Thanks, and hopefully everything works tomorrow. (If not, then I will return the HDD)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (came for free with CPU)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
HDD: Wester Digital Blue1TB

New Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

More about : error code 0x80070057 windows install computer motherboard hdd

May 18, 2014 11:50:34 PM



Well if you read the second sentence I said that I tried deleting the information on my hard drive. Then, on the second paragraph I say that I could not format the hard drive when I got the option (while installing). So yes I did google it and found that exact page, and it did not work.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 912 V Motherboard
a c 223 $ Windows 7
May 18, 2014 11:53:52 PM

So did the new motherboard fix it?

It looks like a HDD problem. I'd put the hdd in another pc and format it then run checkdisk to see if its 100% OK. If OK, then I'd re-install Windows on it.

If it can't be formatted then I'd throw it in the bin and buy a new one.
m
0
l
May 19, 2014 8:53:05 PM

i7Baby said:
So did the new motherboard fix it?

It looks like a HDD problem. I'd put the hdd in another pc and format it then run checkdisk to see if its 100% OK. If OK, then I'd re-install Windows on it.

If it can't be formatted then I'd throw it in the bin and buy a new one.

AHH nope :??:  the new motherboard didn't. I mean, the BIOS worked and it's really cool. But now, when I put the Windows 7 disc in, it says "Windows is Loading Files". It loads them, then says Windows is starting, with the 4 orbs. After that, the screen is black and I can only move the mouse. It's really frustrating, so I think I'm just going to return the HDD for a new one and hope for the best. Right now I'm looking for any kinds of solutions (through Google ;) ) Thanks for the tips though, and hopefully my computer can start working soon!!!
m
0
l
a c 912 V Motherboard
a c 223 $ Windows 7
May 19, 2014 8:59:11 PM

Can you put the hdd in another pc and do a viruys scan, diskcheck then maybe use Seatools to check if there's something wrong with the HDD?

What make and model is the HDD?

That link says to go through a certain sequence to re-install Windows - because the reserve partition is faulty. Did you try it?
m
0
l
May 19, 2014 9:11:20 PM

i7Baby said:
Can you put the hdd in another pc and do a viruys scan, diskcheck then maybe use Seatools to check if there's something wrong with the HDD?

What make and model is the HDD?

That link says to go through a certain sequence to re-install Windows - because the reserve partition is faulty. Did you try it?

Hello, no I don't have another PC unfortunately. However, I have checked in with multiple people, all telling me it's the HDD.

It's a WD Blue 1TB however it was acting up before. It wouldn't even format before. I changed the motherboard and now I get this problem, so it's fine I will return it.

Thank you for all the help. Respond to this post saying, "Return the HDD for the new one, this one is bad." And, I will give you the Solution :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 912 V Motherboard
a c 223 $ Windows 7
May 19, 2014 9:16:14 PM

OK -Return the HDD for the new one, this one is bad ha ha
Share
May 19, 2014 9:28:25 PM

i7Baby said:
OK -Return the HDD for the new one, this one is bad ha ha

;) 
m
0
l
September 18, 2014 6:09:46 PM

Did you ever resolve this? I got a new hdd(WD Black) and I still get the error message.
m
0
l