FX-8350 Temp reading issues Who is lying. One low reading One Hot reading!

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014
What the f--k there is no definitive answer on this f---ng website! Core temp has been reading the reported common numbers of the dozens of articles I've been looking at, though my Asus Mobo included temp reader tends to be reading the temp rising tremendously past 54c! Even giving me a warning time to time of extensive temperature when it reaches that infamous 65c! SOMEONE WHO IS AN EXPERT GIVE ME AN ANSWER!
2683295.jpg

JESUS IT ONLY GETS WORSE!
2683383.jpg

Solution
34-ish degrees Celsius on idle for a 8350 with entry level aftermarket cooler is normal.
the CM hyper evo 212 is highly praised in this forum for its price-to-performance results, not for being great.

but a non-OC'd cpu, the main concern is air flow.
if you can, put a 120mm fan as exhaust on the top of the chassis and a 120mm fan as intake in the side panel.
the 3 intake fans in the front will have little effects on cooling the motherboard's VRM to prevent thermal throttling,
the fan on the top of the chassis will also dissipate the heat absorbed and released by the cpu cooler, because warm air rises upwards.
also use the chassis fan connectors on the motherboard for the 3 intake fans in front, so that you can control the speed thru...

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014

Posted a pic, hopefully you understand my distraught in this situation.

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014

Hyper evo 212 120mm

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014

"just wrong" how? Explain, not just garble nonsense.

plaintuts

Admirable
let me elaborate on my "garble nonsense"

first , without adequate information on the computer that you are referring to with incorrect temperature readings, it will be hard nonetheless wasting our time with diagnostics.
because without a component list, your 8350 could be connected to a toaster oven as for first assumptions.

second, have you tried looking at the BIOS.... the firmware that recognizes all the components?

third, in this forum you are presumed to be at least knowledgeable in the components that you're asking for help with.

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014

I've already gone through this sing and dance a thousand times but fine, I'll try to help you (someone who made an account 3 days before me) help me. But otherwise, the fact that you have no credentials makes me dubiously pertain to anything you say. I'm patently waiting for someone who has remained consistent in the past and hell, maybe even know what they are talking about before they rabble on about whats "just fine" or "Really bad" "inaccurate" or anything else inbetween.
STATS
Mobo:Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 Motherboard
CPU fan:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)
Case:Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow Design (RC-912-KKN1)
RAM:Corsair High Perform Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz2x4
PSU:ULTRA LSP750 750W ATX POWER SUPPLY
GPU:ASUS GeForce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 PCIe

Language - SS

plaintuts

Admirable
ok just to clarify.. correct me if I'm wrong.

the problem is that you want an accurate temperature reading of the cpu..
answer: in Lehman's terms.
AMD FX chip measures the temperature reading with a variance of 10-15 degrees Celsius, because it doesn't have probes like its Intel counterparts, it uses calculations to measure how hot it is.

hardware monitoring applications will have varied results... a known applications to be able to have more accurate reading is HWmonitor.

next, the computer is overheating, why?
answer:

again, i will not presume you overclocked the computer, because you did not specify that.
fx-8350 is a high TDP of 125 CPU,
in short, it's designed expecting overclock is imminent, but also high temp output.
the cm hyper evo 212 is a nice cpu cooler, but without background on how you put it in the system, then it will be unethical to say it will keep the cpu cool.

also, the power supply is kinda iffy, with 750 watts that you wont need, it will only produce heat in the Chassis.

last, how many case fans do you have for that "high airflow" mid-tower case?

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014

My FX 8350 is at 4.0 GHz (not OC)
I have 3 120mm fans one in front pulling cool air in, one in top back exhausting air out. One on Heatsink
I'm using HWinfo (thanks for the suggestions) and ingame it reports 29c and 45c gwat da faq do i listen too? Thanks for being patient I'm sleep deprived.

plaintuts

Admirable
34-ish degrees Celsius on idle for a 8350 with entry level aftermarket cooler is normal.
the CM hyper evo 212 is highly praised in this forum for its price-to-performance results, not for being great.

but a non-OC'd cpu, the main concern is air flow.
if you can, put a 120mm fan as exhaust on the top of the chassis and a 120mm fan as intake in the side panel.
the 3 intake fans in the front will have little effects on cooling the motherboard's VRM to prevent thermal throttling,
the fan on the top of the chassis will also dissipate the heat absorbed and released by the cpu cooler, because warm air rises upwards.
also use the chassis fan connectors on the motherboard for the 3 intake fans in front, so that you can control the speed thru the bios to minimize the noise.

next, i strongly suggest you replace the power supply because of safety and for stability.
look for your power supply here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

it will generate fluctuations in the voltage/current supplied to the components and further decrease their lifespan.
OC is achieved by over-volting or under-volting the CPU, so imagine your the 8350 going to a power cycle every millisecond.

Solution
Are you even truly asking for help here or are you throwing nonsense back at us? I think you should know the average temps for your hardware. :|
plaintuts is correct. The FX-8350 tends to idle ~15-20c above ambient with an average cooler, and unless your room is at 3c that 18c reading is not correct.

Also, I believe plauntuts does have some creds, the forum recently had a glitch while moving over to new software. I'm an expert in CPU and an authority in overclocking if it doesn't show up.
Even if he doesn't that doesn't mean he can't help. You have to work while not having badges to get them.

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014

Is there any difference between an exhaust fan and a intake fan

JAKMACK

Reputable
May 8, 2014

Is it okay or would you recommend a big ass 200 mm fan on top pushing cool air in?