Pc won't boot up! Please Help!

SO i didn't use my pc for a like 2/3 weeks now and today i when ahead and turned it on but it would consistently turn on and off i switched it off and tried again and now it won't even turn on!

This pc was build like 6 months ago... Please help i really don't want to go to the store to get it checked
11 answers Last reply
More about boot
  1. What are the specs?
  2. What are your specs? Have you tried removing the graphics card and running off integrated graphics?

    Remove the power plug from the power supply, and let it sit for a while.
  3. HiTechObsessed said:
    What are your specs? Have you tried removing the graphics card and running off integrated graphics?

    Remove the power plug from the power supply, and let it sit for a while.


    asus sabertooth z87
    i5 4670k
    8gb corsair vengeance
    gpu isn't installed right now

    The motherboard power led is on but it won't go far, everything is off i just have cpu ram and psu connected
    I've also jumpstarted the psu just to be sure and it works fine
  4. The paperclip test only tests that the PSU isn't 100% dead. A dying PSU may still turn on, but that doesn't mean it's capable of powering anything.

    Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Unplug everything from the motherboard and use a screwdriver to short the CLR_CMOS jumper on the motherboard.
  5. HiTechObsessed said:
    The paperclip test only tests that the PSU isn't 100% dead. A dying PSU may still turn on, but that doesn't mean it's capable of powering anything.

    Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Unplug everything from the motherboard and use a screwdriver to short the CLR_CMOS jumper on the motherboard.


    I tried it now, i moved the jumper cap to the clr cmos pins and waited then moved them back to normal and tried to turn it on still nothing
  6. Did you have the 24-pin and 8-pin unplugged for at least a few minutes first?
  7. HiTechObsessed said:
    Did you have the 24-pin and 8-pin unplugged for at least a few minutes first?


    i turned the psu off and removed the cable from the wall but i did unplug everything now
  8. HiTechObsessed said:
    Did you have the 24-pin and 8-pin unplugged for at least a few minutes first?


    k nothing happen
  9. reedo_43 said:
    What are the specs?


    asus sabertooth z87
    i5 4670k
    8gb corsair vengeance
    gpu isn't installed right now

    sorry if you didn't see it cus u weren't in the reply i forgot that it doesn't notify
  10. Have you checked the pins on the motherboard to make sure they aren't bent? And reseated the RAM?
  11. HiTechObsessed said:
    Have you checked the pins on the motherboard to make sure they aren't bent? And reseated the RAM?


    yes i have done that
Ask a new question

Read More

Boot Systems