Solved

450w PSU what GPU should I get?

MOBO: MSI 970A-G46
CPU: AMD FX 6350
SHELL: Thermaltake A21 case
GPU: CURRENTLY HD 6450
RAM: 2 Patriot 4GB DDR3 sticks
PSU: Antec 450w
HDD: WD 1 TB (5400 rpm I think)
FANS: 2 (One with the shell and additional Antec 120mm)

I just built my first computer and I was so eager to become a PC gamer that I didn't realize my GPU won't support many games. I was wondering if there was any possible way to get an R7 260x GPU with my setup and if not, what should be my fallback GPU? Like I said, I just built this and I do not want to upgrade the power unless I absolutely have to.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 450w psu gpu
  1. Here is a good chart showing what GPUs you can use with various PSUs. Use this as a rough guideline

    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
  2. jimthenagual said:
    Here is a good chart showing what GPUs you can use with various PSUs. Use this as a rough guideline

    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm


    What about this GPU:
    http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-1GB-2xDVI-Graphics-GV-R726XOC-1GD/dp/B00H707TI2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400545681&sr=8-2&keywords=r7+260x

    Will my Antec handle it well enough?
  3. Yes, you should be ok. That card wants a 6pin pci-e connector and 16A on the +12v rail. If you are unsure whether or not your psu has the pci-e connector or how many amps it puts out, give us the model number and I (or someone else) will help you confirm.
  4. jimthenagual said:
    Yes, you should be ok. That card wants a 6pin pci-e connector and 16A on the +12v rail. If you are unsure whether or not your psu has the pci-e connector or how many amps it puts out, give us the model number and I (or someone else) will help you confirm.



    I think it is this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Antec-VP-450-Energy-Certified-Supply/dp/B004IZN3K2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400546709&sr=8-1&keywords=antec+450w
  5. My booklet says VP450F. I think that's the model number.
  6. Best answer
    According to its manual here: http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/VP450F_manual_EN.pdf

    It has a pci-e 6 pin connector, and 30A on the +12v rails. Should be good to go.
  7. jimthenagual said:
    According to its manual here: http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/VP450F_manual_EN.pdf

    It has a pci-e 6 pin connector, and 30A on the +12v rail. Should be good to go.


    Thanks for the help!
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Power Supplies Shell AMD Graphics