Solved

which motherboard for this build ?

Intel Quad Core i7 4790 3.6Ghz S1150
16G (2x8GB) Hynix DDR3 1600Mhz
GeForce Gigabyte GTX780 3GB WindForce3 OC
SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SATA III
Seagate 2T 3.5'' Sata3 Barracuda 3 Years Warranty
NZXT Phantom 410 White + FSP Raider 650W BUNDLE
LG DVD-RW X24 GH24NS90
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

I can choose between :
Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 LGA1150, Intel H87
or
Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H LGA1150, Intel H87

Also my speakers are creative 5.1 T6100
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard build
  1. why cant you choose a asus z97 motherboard?
  2. Get some H97 chipset motherboard with SATA-Express feature. If your build is just for gaming get some i5 to save money or if you don't want to OC you can get Xeon E3 1230 V3 with i7s performance for i5's price :)
  3. Im not gonna OC + cant get xenon, also I can also choose between the 2 that I mentioned OR
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 S1150 - thats another option
    please understand that for you it might look silly not to get Z97 but in my country for some reason the z97 series costs much more for no reason so I'm choosing with something between my price range so I have those 3 options + I don't want i5 over i7 I need multi tasking
  4. kululu said:
    Im not gonna OC + cant get xenon, also I can also choose between the 2 that I mentioned OR
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 S1150 - thats another option
    please understand that for you it might look silly not to get Z97 but in my country for some reason the z97 series costs much more for no reason so I'm choosing with something between my price range so I have those 3 options + I don't want i5 over i7 I need multi tasking


    Then go for D3H motherboard with 4th Gen. (i7-4770) CPU because with Haswell refresh and H87 chipset motherboard you'll need to do a BIOS update to run Haswell refresh CPU's
  5. Sorry my understanding with computers is limited so what you just told me made no sense for me :P
    but does it matter if it's the 4790 / 4770 ?
  6. kululu said:
    Sorry my understanding with computers is limited so what you just told me made no sense for me :P
    but does it matter if it's the 4790 / 4770 ?


    4770 is a year old Haswell CPU and 4790 is a Haswell refresh CPU, all Z87, H87, B85 chipsets support all Haswell CPU's out of the box while for Haswell refresh CPU's you have to update BIOS in those chipsets to run new CPU's
    To run Haswell refresh CPU's out of the box you'll need to get Z97 or H97 chipset motherboard.
    So, if you want avoid BIOS update, get H87 chipset motherboard with i7-4770 CPU but if you want 4790, you have to get H97 chipset motherboard :)

    Edit: 4770 and 4790 have similar performance so you'll be fine with 4770 CPU :)
  7. so h87m d3h with 4770 yes ? :P
  8. Best answer
    kululu said:
    so h87m d3h with 4770 yes ? :P


    Yes :)
  9. I know I've marked your answer as best solution but I've wanted to ask something, I don't know how to build a computer myself but I'm paying for a company that I buy the parts from them to build me my computer so maybe I should just use the 4790 because it's a bit faster and just tell them to upgrade the bios like you told me that's needed inorder that I could use d3h along side with the 4970 what do you say ? because money isn't the problem here (in that case) since I pay only $10 more for the 4790 instead of the 4770
  10. kululu said:
    I know I've marked your answer as best solution but I've wanted to ask something, I don't know how to build a computer myself but I'm paying for a company that I buy the parts from them to build me my computer so maybe I should just use the 4790 because it's a bit faster and just tell them to upgrade the bios like you told me that's needed inorder that I could use d3h along side with the 4970 what do you say ? because money isn't the problem here (in that case) since I pay only $10 more for the 4790 instead of the 4770


    That's a good idea, if they able to assemble your future PC and update BIOS in D3H motherboard it would be better :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Intel Motherboards