Got 2 FX-8350 fastest way to test which is better

Empyah

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Hello! :D

I own two FX-8350s and wanted to know if there is a faster way than overclocking them both to max to see which one is better/faster at lower voltages.
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Solution
The fastest way is to step on one, then the other is better.

Seriously though, there is no other way than to overclock them and see which one fails first. Computers are dumb, they just see there's an FX-8350 CPU sitting there. The BIOS will have the basic specs about what an FX-8350 is so the motherboard and Windows have access to that (voltages, max Turbo etc) but those values are the same for every FX-8350.
The fastest way is to step on one, then the other is better.

Seriously though, there is no other way than to overclock them and see which one fails first. Computers are dumb, they just see there's an FX-8350 CPU sitting there. The BIOS will have the basic specs about what an FX-8350 is so the motherboard and Windows have access to that (voltages, max Turbo etc) but those values are the same for every FX-8350.

Solution

Empyah

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Ok, tried stepping on one and it worked like a charm :)
Then i stepped on the other one and now none of them works, what did i do wrong? :(

xD xD xD

Maybe i can tell immediately comparing temps/volts idle and in prime95 without oc,
and would these figures be relevant for overclocking too?
Basically my question is - will non-oc (idle and load) temps/volts be an accurate representation for possible overclock results on both chips.
Am not able to formulate this question any better, english is not my native language sry :S