Solved

Which 27-inch monitor should I get for gaming ?

Hello,

I wanted to buy 27inch monitor for gaming with 2/1ms, 120/144hz and 3D
there are only two available monitors with the same spec I'm looking for
in my country but unfortunately they are really expensive:
Asus VG278H - 591$
Samsung S27A950D - 527$

So I searched for a cheaper 27inch monitor and I found two:
Samsung S27B750V - 282$
Samsung S27B550V - 265$

they almost have the same spec 2ms, 60hz and Contrast 3000:1
I don't know which one should I get and should I even get anyone of them or they are both rubbish ?

I'll use the monitor for PC & PS3 Gaming & Movies
But mainly for gaming.

I got the prices from here:

http://www.egprices.com/en/category/computers/monitors/?cat=1&sub=17&sortby=price_desc

Thanks in advance
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about inch monitor gaming
  1. Samsung S27B550V; I have this monitor and I love it.

    Samsung S27B750V; This is the level up, And I also recommend this, with this one higher on the list.

    Overall great choice of brand and screens, with the Samsung S27B750V the best choice.
  2. from what I can gather the Samsung has a better picture. And seeing how they've been in the business a lot longer than Asus, I think that's where I would go.
  3. mickypheonix said:


    thanks
    but unfortunately I can't get it online from outside my country
    because the price will be doubled from shipping and taxes
    and also there will be no warranty.
  4. where are you from perhaps i can find something closer
  5. unknownofprob said:
    Samsung S27B550V; I have this monitor and I love it.

    Samsung S27B750V; This is the level up, And I also recommend this, with this one higher on the list.

    Overall great choice of brand and screens, with the Samsung S27B750V the best choice.


    thanks
    they are good for gaming right (input lag) ?
    and they are 60hz ? because when I saw again there spec on samsung website
    I did noticed the hertz/refresh rate is not written!
    I want to make sure it's 60hz not less.
  6. mickypheonix said:
    where are you from perhaps i can find something closer


    I'm from Egypt and if I got anything from outside Egypt the price will be doubled.
  7. Best answer
    super1 said:
    unknownofprob said:
    Samsung S27B550V; I have this monitor and I love it.

    Samsung S27B750V; This is the level up, And I also recommend this, with this one higher on the list.

    Overall great choice of brand and screens, with the Samsung S27B750V the best choice.


    thanks
    they are good for gaming right (input lag) ?
    and they are 60hz ? because when I saw again there spec on samsung website
    I did noticed the hertz/refresh rate is not written!
    I want to make sure it's 60hz not less.



    it is 60Hz, and it does very well at gaming, yes.
  8. is very hard to find anything in egypt for you other than the samsung's
    they will work fine for you , anything else as you say will be way to costly
  9. unknownofprob said:
    super1 said:
    unknownofprob said:
    Samsung S27B550V; I have this monitor and I love it.

    Samsung S27B750V; This is the level up, And I also recommend this, with this one higher on the list.

    Overall great choice of brand and screens, with the Samsung S27B750V the best choice.


    thanks
    they are good for gaming right (input lag) ?
    and they are 60hz ? because when I saw again there spec on samsung website
    I did noticed the hertz/refresh rate is not written!
    I want to make sure it's 60hz not less.



    it is 60Hz, and it does very well at gaming, yes.


    okay
    thanks a lot :)
  10. mickypheonix said:
    is very hard to find anything in egypt for you other than the samsung's
    they will work fine for you , anything else as you say will be way to costly


    np
    thanks a lot :)
  11. جبتها ولا لا XD
  12. ya mark el monitors deh 5lst mn zman w msh hatla2eha now fe masr w law la2etha hatb2a 3'alya
  13. A-Gru said:
    ya mark el monitors deh 5lst mn zman w msh hatla2eha now fe masr w law la2etha hatb2a 3'alya


    بفكر في benq rl2755hm
    ومتوقعتش الاقي عرب علي الموقع دة xd
  14. انا شخصيا مش هدفع 3000 او اكتر في شاشه بس الشاشه الي قولت عليها محترمه بس كبيره عليا انا 24 مناسب جدا ليا وللجيمز بس خلي بالك انها هتبقي جيمنج مباشر كده مش تستخدمها تيليفيزيون بعيد بزاويه او بلاي ستيشن بزاويه برضه لان البانل بتاعها تي ان ف الدنيا هتبوظ لو كسرت زاويه المشاهدة جامد الاضاءة هتقل وممكن الالوان تخش فبعض لو عايز حاجه مش بتعمل كده هات بانل بي ال اس بس ده الريسبوند تايم بتاعه عالي عن ال تي ان بمعني ان التي ان يصلح للالعاب افضل من التاني بس مش بتفرق جامد يعني مادام اقل من 6 ملي ثانيه انا شخصيا افضل ال تي ان مادام الجيمينج مباشر وامام الشاشه وبردو اقرا الريفيوز بتاعت الشاشه الي عايز تجبها عل امازون شوف الناس الي جابتها شايفه ايه وعادي يعني العرب فكل حته هيهيهي
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Samsung Monitors Graphics