Solved

i'm just curious when playing pc games should i install the game in SSD to have better performance than hard disk?

i'm planning to buy a 120 gb ssd in the future...is it not enough? ssd's are quite expensive
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about curious playing games install game ssd performance hard disk
  1. A 120GB SSD from Samsung will run you about $80 and will greatly improve the BOOT times only on games and your OS that you put on there.
  2. Best answer
    A 120gb SSD is good if you plan on using it for your OS, a few games, and a few applications. If you plan on having lots of games on your PC, I would go for a 256gb SSD, just to be safe.

    SSDs will improve boot times of your OS, and loading times in games, NOT fps.
  3. An SSD will shorten load times, but won't do anything else for games.

    Other than that it's mostly to help the OS run quicker and boot faster - it will not boost game fps.
  4. Jacob McIntosh said:
    A 120gb SSD is good if you plan on using it for your OS, a few games, and a few applications. If you plan on having lots of games on your PC, I would go for a 256gb SSD, just to be safe.

    SSDs will improve boot times of your OS, and loading times in games, NOT fps.


    oh thanks but 120 gb is quite expensive in my country i don't know if i can afford 120 gb above ssds
  5. Rationale said:
    An SSD will shorten load times, but won't do anything else for games.

    Other than that it's mostly to help the OS run quicker and boot faster - it will not boost game fps.


    i thot the games will be so smooth when playing with ssds
  6. mamamia13 said:
    A 120GB SSD from Samsung will run you about $80 and will greatly improve the BOOT times only on games and your OS that you put on there.


    thanks for the info
Ask a new question

Read More

Storage