Solved

EVGA GTX 760 2gb SC vs PNY GTX 770 2gb

Well i'm planning on building my first pc, so i've already bought everything but the GPU, i'm not sure which to buy.
So i saw the PNY 770 2gb from $330 to $290 and the EVGA 760 SC 2gb from $260 to $250
and i have a budget, does the 770 really worth it?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga gtx 760 2gb pny gtx 770 2gb
  1. Best answer
    If you are comfortable with the higher price, buy the 770. You will see some definite performance improvement over the 760. However, make sure your CPU will not bottleneck the card.
  2. ArtificialApple said:
    If you are comfortable with the higher price, buy the 770. You will see some definite performance improvement over the 760. However, make sure your CPU will not bottleneck the card.


    i didn't even knew what is bottleneck (i kind of know now) but how can you know if it bottlenecks it is an i5 4670k
  3. ChrisR83 said:


    but isn't it diferent if you buy the supercolcked?
  4. Dirtyap3 said:
    ChrisR83 said:


    but isn't it diferent if you buy the supercolcked?


    Yes the numbers will be a little higher on the super clocked, it’s not going to be a major jump though. I just posted those so you would know the approximate performance you will get with each card.
  5. Dirtyap3 said:
    ArtificialApple said:
    If you are comfortable with the higher price, buy the 770. You will see some definite performance improvement over the 760. However, make sure your CPU will not bottleneck the card.


    i didn't even knew what is bottleneck (i kind of know now) but how can you know if it bottlenecks it is an i5 4670k

    Well, it's as simple as looking at some numbers and a bit of research to find out if a bottleneck is going to occur. But to answer your question, no, you shouldn't see any bottlenecking as far as either card goes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx EVGA PNY Graphics