Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CAN I use the Ram 8 1600MHZ with Ram 4 1333MHZ at the same time

Last response: in Memory
Share
May 22, 2014 7:39:24 AM

Can I PUT Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.65v in port 1 and Other port (2) put Ram KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V ? IN GA-H61M-S2P
a c 100 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 22, 2014 7:41:09 AM

If the timings are the same then yes you can combine those modules. However, the 1600 will downclock and run as 1333. And the worst case is that it may not run at all.
m
1
l
May 22, 2014 7:48:09 AM

HEY Ubrales
thanks for Your answer
I want to buy 8 GB RAM
work with my ram KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V
Buy any type
What do you recommend
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 100 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 22, 2014 7:52:29 AM

What motherboard do you have? Which CPU?

If they can support 1600 MHz I suggest Corsair Vengeance RAM. The heat spreaders on this RAM is high (tall RAM) and may interfere with the heatsink fan.
m
0
l
a c 194 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 22, 2014 7:54:49 AM

Just buy a second stick of what you already have; The RAM you mentioned might have some problems since: 1. Their speeds are different 2. Their voltages are different.

It's always better to run two identical sticks of RAM to avoid possible incompatibility issues.
m
1
l
May 22, 2014 7:56:46 AM

Ubrales said:
What motherboard do you have? Which CPU?

If they can support 1600 MHz I suggest Corsair Vengeance RAM. The heat spreaders on this RAM is high (tall RAM) and may interfere with the heatsink fan.


Intel Core I5 3470 3.2GHZ 6MB Cashe
GigaByte GA-H61-S2P-B3 1155 Socket
KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V
Thermaltake V3 BLACK EDITION mid tower + 450w PSU

I do not know any Ram to Buy
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 100 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 22, 2014 8:01:18 AM

SBER1995 said:
Ubrales said:
What motherboard do you have? Which CPU?

If they can support 1600 MHz I suggest Corsair Vengeance RAM. The heat spreaders on this RAM is high (tall RAM) and may interfere with the heatsink fan.


Intel Core I5 3470 3.2GHZ 6MB Cashe
GigaByte GA-H61-S2P-B3 1155 Socket
KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V
Thermaltake V3 BLACK EDITION mid tower + 450w PSU

I do not know any Ram to Buy


http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

Per Gigabyte's specs 1333 is the highest RAM that the motherboard will support. Since you already have a 4 GB module, buy another 4 GB module (Kingston) with the same timings and specs. and it will work well without any issues.
Share
May 22, 2014 8:04:19 AM

thanks Ubrales :) 
i will bay KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V
m
0
l
a c 100 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 22, 2014 8:06:31 AM

SBER1995 said:
thanks Ubrales :) 
i will bay KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V


Watch for promos on Newegg. Occasionally they have things like 10% off on desktop memory. Check Memorial Day sales at other outlets too.
m
1
l
May 22, 2014 8:25:42 AM

Possible link to buy KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V
IN Newegg
I have not found
m
0
l
a c 100 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 22, 2014 9:28:23 AM

Click on "RAM" in Speccy to view the details - you will get more info.
m
0
l
a c 1621 V Motherboard
a c 2035 } Memory
May 22, 2014 9:46:19 AM

And keep in mind, regardless of what has been said above that everything will be fine, that ANY time you mix DRAM from different packages there is no guarantee they will play together, even two packages of the same exact model....That's why DRAM is offered in such a variety of sets, the sticks are tested to work together, if mixing DRAM was as simple as many would have you believe, all the manufacturers would do is sell single sticks and make even more money. That's also why the larger sets I.e. 4 sticks normally cost more than 2 sets of 2 of the same exact sticks, it's much harder to match up four stick that all play together than it is to find 2 that will play nice
m
1
l
May 22, 2014 11:44:38 AM

Tradesman1 said:
And keep in mind, regardless of what has been said above that everything will be fine, that ANY time you mix DRAM from different packages there is no guarantee they will play together, even two packages of the same exact model....That's why DRAM is offered in such a variety of sets, the sticks are tested to work together, if mixing DRAM was as simple as many would have you believe, all the manufacturers would do is sell single sticks and make even more money. That's also why the larger sets I.e. 4 sticks normally cost more than 2 sets of 2 of the same exact sticks, it's much harder to match up four stick that all play together than it is to find 2 that will play nice


I did not find the same type of RAM in newegg . ebuy . and amazon all sold out
can i buy Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.65v work with Ram KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V
m
0
l
a c 194 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 22, 2014 11:50:13 AM

SBER1995 said:
Tradesman1 said:
And keep in mind, regardless of what has been said above that everything will be fine, that ANY time you mix DRAM from different packages there is no guarantee they will play together, even two packages of the same exact model....That's why DRAM is offered in such a variety of sets, the sticks are tested to work together, if mixing DRAM was as simple as many would have you believe, all the manufacturers would do is sell single sticks and make even more money. That's also why the larger sets I.e. 4 sticks normally cost more than 2 sets of 2 of the same exact sticks, it's much harder to match up four stick that all play together than it is to find 2 that will play nice


I did not find the same type of RAM in newegg . ebuy . and amazon all sold out
can i buy Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.65v work with Ram KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V


Quoting myself:
Quote:
The RAM you mentioned might have some problems since: 1. Their speeds are different 2. Their voltages are different.
m
0
l
May 22, 2014 11:53:37 AM

Eduello said:
SBER1995 said:
Tradesman1 said:
And keep in mind, regardless of what has been said above that everything will be fine, that ANY time you mix DRAM from different packages there is no guarantee they will play together, even two packages of the same exact model....That's why DRAM is offered in such a variety of sets, the sticks are tested to work together, if mixing DRAM was as simple as many would have you believe, all the manufacturers would do is sell single sticks and make even more money. That's also why the larger sets I.e. 4 sticks normally cost more than 2 sets of 2 of the same exact sticks, it's much harder to match up four stick that all play together than it is to find 2 that will play nice


I did not find the same type of RAM in newegg . ebuy . and amazon all sold out
can i buy Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.65v work with Ram KingSton 4GB 1333MHZ CL9 1.5V


Quoting myself:
Quote:
The RAM you mentioned might have some problems since: 1. Their speeds are different 2. Their voltages are different.


I did not find the same type of RAM in newegg . ebuy . and amazon all sold out said:
I did not find the same type of RAM in newegg . ebuy . and amazon all sold out
m
0
l
a c 1621 V Motherboard
a c 2035 } Memory
May 22, 2014 1:00:19 PM

If you plan to try and mix sets, get them as close to the same as possible, especiall freq, timing and voltages, then if you do have a problem with them give me a shout, help people that do this on a daily basis
m
0
l
!