Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Amd's APU vs Intel's CPU

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 23, 2014 2:18:40 AM

hi guys i wanna which one of these is the best for gaming generally and watch dogs especially
Amd's Fx-8350
and Intel's I5-4440

i will run them with 8gb of ram g.skill 1866 and amd's r9-270x from sapphire vapor x 2gb oc gddr5 edition

the motherboard that i will use

Amd : Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P
Intel : ASRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer

so guys which one is best in gaming especially watch dogs and every game out there if i didn't max them out i will be disappointed . my resolution is 1600x900 and i won't change it now but maybe in the future

More about : amd apu intel cpu

a b 4 Gaming
a c 462 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a c 115 À AMD
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2014 2:22:18 AM

Wait until Watch Dogs benchmarks are out.

Generally the i5 4440 would outperform the FX.

You won't max out every game, your GPU isn't strong enough for that.
m
0
l
May 23, 2014 2:27:11 AM

JOOK-D said:
Wait until Watch Dogs benchmarks are out.

Generally the i5 4440 would outperform the FX.

You won't max out every game, your GPU isn't strong enough for that.


even on this low resolution ?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a c 462 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a c 115 À AMD
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2014 2:29:17 AM

1600x900 isn't that much lower than 1920x1080. I believe you'll achieve high/ultra settings but you might have to tone down AA/AF.
m
0
l
May 23, 2014 2:31:51 AM

JOOK-D said:
1600x900 isn't that much lower than 1920x1080. I believe you'll achieve high/ultra settings but you might have to tone down AA/AF.


but with lower than that resolution is 1366x768 if iam playing on this one i will be able to max games iam right . aren't i ?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 462 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a c 115 À AMD
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2014 2:32:31 AM

I couldn't say for certain. But hopefully, yes.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 179 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
a c 154 V Motherboard
May 23, 2014 2:33:06 AM

You can find BENCHMARKS for most games though keep in mind you generally need an i5-4xxx to prevent CPU bottlenecks.

*Watch Dogs is going to be very, very CPU intensive and since it is apparently coded to take better advantage of more threads it may run quite well on the FX-8320 though that doesn't mean it will beat the i5-4440. We'll just have to wait...

R9-270X:
Here's some BENCHMARKS for you:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/R9_270X_Direct_...

*So step through EACH GAME and see how it does at 1600x900 (again assuming no CPU bottleneck).

(Don't play ULTRA settings at 40FPS if you can drop a few settings and maintain a solid 60FPS in a game.)
m
0
l
May 23, 2014 2:35:30 AM

photonboy said:
You can find BENCHMARKS for most games though keep in mind you generally need an i5-4xxx to prevent CPU bottlenecks.

*Watch Dogs is going to be very, very CPU intensive and since it is apparently coded to take better advantage of more threads it may run quite well on the FX-8320 though that doesn't mean it will beat the i5-4440. We'll just have to wait...

R9-270X:
Here's some BENCHMARKS for you:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/R9_270X_Direct_...

*So step through EACH GAME and see how it does at 1600x900 (again assuming no CPU bottleneck).

(Don't play ULTRA settings at 40FPS if you can drop a few settings and maintain a solid 60FPS in a game.)



ok man thanks for the benchmarks but what about the CPU That they are using
m
0
l
May 23, 2014 2:36:21 AM

JOOK-D said:
I couldn't say for certain. But hopefully, yes.


ok thanks man for helping me out
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
May 23, 2014 2:41:02 AM

as shown: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4440-vs-AMD-FX-83... the AMD is technically better due to ease of overclocking however I think the intel would be better for you
Share
May 23, 2014 2:42:57 AM

mcdonh said:
as shown: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4440-vs-AMD-FX-83... the AMD is technically better due to ease of overclocking however I think the intel would be better for you


ok in my country intel 4440 is cheaper than 8350 so should i am gonna get it thanks man i hope just to max watch dogs and shadow of mordor as this is my first build anyway
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 23, 2014 2:44:28 AM

UM Mido said:
mcdonh said:
as shown: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4440-vs-AMD-FX-83... the AMD is technically better due to ease of overclocking however I think the intel would be better for you


ok in my country intel 4440 is cheaper than 8350 so should i am gonna get it thanks man i hope just to max watch dogs and shadow of mordor as this is my first build anyway

good luck
m
0
l
May 23, 2014 2:47:33 AM

mcdonh said:
UM Mido said:
mcdonh said:
as shown: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4440-vs-AMD-FX-83... the AMD is technically better due to ease of overclocking however I think the intel would be better for you


ok in my country intel 4440 is cheaper than 8350 so should i am gonna get it thanks man i hope just to max watch dogs and shadow of mordor as this is my first build anyway

good luck


Thanks :D 
m
0
l
!