R9 290 used mining card

Rapidz

Honorable
Apr 28, 2014
I'm currently looking at this card on ebay and the guy says it's 2 months old and is "Dusty".

I also asked him if there was a warranty on the card and he says no. I surmise if it's 2 months old and is dusty, he also bought it used? As it would take longer than 2 months to get dusty.

Thoughts anyone? I think if I get a good price I'll buy it.

Solution
Just know that mining is incredibly hard on a card, especially with someone that does it exclusively. If it was used for mining, this card could have been running for 30 straight days on max load, in less then fantastic cooling (as far as I know a lot of miners like to keep there rigs cool enough to run, not as cold temps for longevity.) I wouldn't Buy it I'll go new to be safe or buy a none mining card which would be hard to find.
When it will depend on your luck that the card hasn't been pushed too hard when used for mining. No doubt its lifespan has been reduced. Plus no warranty, so depending on the price it might be worth it. But there is no guarantee there isn't any problems with the card.
What does dusty mean? Dusty as in left in a mining rig for 2 months old? Also what was the card used for before the seller got it?
Personally I wouldn't want to risk taking used 290 that was mining.

Just know that mining is incredibly hard on a card, especially with someone that does it exclusively. If it was used for mining, this card could have been running for 30 straight days on max load, in less then fantastic cooling (as far as I know a lot of miners like to keep there rigs cool enough to run, not as cold temps for longevity.) I wouldn't Buy it I'll go new to be safe or buy a none mining card which would be hard to find.

Solution

Rapidz

Honorable
Apr 28, 2014
Yea I guess he got it used previously since theres no warranty. I guess I'll give it a miss since some poor soul has recently bidded more than I've seen new ones go for. Thanks for the help guys.