FX-6300 equivalent cheaper

Catjesus

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
I'm looking for a CPU that is equivalent to the FX-6300 but cheaper. Also, how crucial is it for a PSU to have a 12 volt rail?

Solution

Well, what games do you most want to play? Different CPUs perform better in different games. Although it'd be hard to find a CPU cheaper than the FX-6300 that performs better with no other information, if you play mostly quad-core games for example, it could be easy to cut the price.

Also, it's absolutely essential for a PSU to have a 12v rail. I don't even think they make them without one? The PSU's full specs are very important. More important than RAM, HDD, or other similar parts.

Well, what games do you most want to play? Different CPUs perform better in different games. Although it'd be hard to find a CPU cheaper than the FX-6300 that performs better with no other information, if you play mostly quad-core games for example, it could be easy to cut the price.

Also, it's absolutely essential for a PSU to have a 12v rail. I don't even think they make them without one? The PSU's full specs are very important. More important than RAM, HDD, or other similar parts.

Solution