Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need Cheap Monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 24, 2014 2:44:54 PM

Hi, my name is Jarod. I am 14 years old and I want to buy a second monitor for my rig. I only want to spend no more than $150 on a second monitor.

It must have these specs.
-1080p
-21.5"
-HDMI Support

I have looked all around but not knowing a lot about monitors I am lost.
And lastly will my rig be able to handle two monitors. I have a FX-6300, GTX660, 8gb ram, and an ASUS M5a97 mobo?

Any info is terribly appreciated. Thank you very much!

More about : cheap monitor

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2014 12:44:49 AM

Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($127.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $127.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 03:41 EDT-0400)

here you go it has what you need. about the dual monitor yes it will handle. one for gaming and the other for monitoring - browsing at the same time.
Share
May 25, 2014 10:41:04 AM

chris987 said:
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($127.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $127.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 03:41 EDT-0400)

here you go it has what you need. about the dual monitor yes it will handle. one for gaming and the other for monitoring - browsing at the same time.


@chris987 Thank you very much! I will be purchasing the one you recommended.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2014 10:47:49 AM

ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($127.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $127.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 03:41 EDT-0400)

here you go it has what you need. about the dual monitor yes it will handle. one for gaming and the other for monitoring - browsing at the same time.


@chris987 Thank you very much! I will be purchasing the one you recommended.


you are welcome!:) 
m
0
l
May 25, 2014 11:59:40 AM

chris987 said:
ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($127.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $127.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 03:41 EDT-0400)

here you go it has what you need. about the dual monitor yes it will handle. one for gaming and the other for monitoring - browsing at the same time.


@chris987 Thank you very much! I will be purchasing the one you recommended.


you are welcome!:) 


Sorry, one last question. Will my frames take a noticeable hit while just browsing the internet while playing a game? Thanks again
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2014 12:08:16 PM

ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($127.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $127.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 03:41 EDT-0400)

here you go it has what you need. about the dual monitor yes it will handle. one for gaming and the other for monitoring - browsing at the same time.


@chris987 Thank you very much! I will be purchasing the one you recommended.


you are welcome!:) 


Sorry, one last question. Will my frames take a noticeable hit while just browsing the internet while playing a game? Thanks again


well, there will be a small hit. a bigger one if you watch also videos. i also have a dual monitor setup and on some games the performance strongly depends on them, running on full screen or windowed mode , if you will use the second monitor as an extended desktop.
m
0
l
May 25, 2014 12:11:58 PM

chris987 said:
ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($127.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $127.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 03:41 EDT-0400)

here you go it has what you need. about the dual monitor yes it will handle. one for gaming and the other for monitoring - browsing at the same time.


@chris987 Thank you very much! I will be purchasing the one you recommended.


you are welcome!:) 


Sorry, one last question. Will my frames take a noticeable hit while just browsing the internet while playing a game? Thanks again


well, there will be a small hit. a bigger one if you watch also videos. i also have a dual monitor setup and on some games the performance strongly depends on them, running on full screen or windowed mode , if you will use the second monitor as an extended desktop.


Seriously man thanks for you time.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2014 12:14:41 PM

ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
ItalianJarod said:
chris987 said:
Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor ($127.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $127.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 03:41 EDT-0400)

here you go it has what you need. about the dual monitor yes it will handle. one for gaming and the other for monitoring - browsing at the same time.


@chris987 Thank you very much! I will be purchasing the one you recommended.


you are welcome!:) 


Sorry, one last question. Will my frames take a noticeable hit while just browsing the internet while playing a game? Thanks again


well, there will be a small hit. a bigger one if you watch also videos. i also have a dual monitor setup and on some games the performance strongly depends on them, running on full screen or windowed mode , if you will use the second monitor as an extended desktop.


Seriously man thanks for you time.


no worries.. im glad i have helped!
m
0
l
!