120 and 140mm fan questions

Gimpy2k7

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2013
I'm starting a new build in the Enthoo Primo case and am looking to figure out what fans to add to the case for the best performance. I'm looking at 2 different options, first being replacing all the fans that came with the case plus putting new ones where there's room, second being just adding some more fans to the stock ones.

What is out there with top performance these days? I've been reading the Noctua fans are pretty good, but I'd like to keep a colour scheme of red and black to match the board rather than the normal Noctua colours. Other possibilities being completely black or black and white like the fans already included with the case.
I've had my eye on the 2 new ones they brought out the Redux and IndustrialPPC
http://
considering they have a different colour scheme.

Is there anything else out there that you would recommend for high performance but with some options on the aesthetics?

Thanks.

sonny8888

Reputable
May 15, 2014
Corsair's SP or AF and AF 140mm fans have the coloured rings on the fan and they have white, red and blue rings that you can change to suit your needs.

SP series
corsairsp150s-slide.jpg

AF series
fan_af120_down_b.png

fan_af120_across_r.png

fan_af120_across_w.png

Gimpy2k7

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2013
I have seen those Aerocool DS fans before and really liked them, but forgot what they were called...thank you for posting them. Reading a little bit about them shows that they seem to have great performance with the aesthetics to match. Actually, being introduced to them brings another issue into play, I don't know what colour I want now the 4 they come in all look fantastic. I think I've outgrown the flashy everything lights up LED craze with computers, is there a way to hook them up without the LED? That's the 4th pin right?

One thing I should add, do I need to look at anything special to have them work with the Enthoo Primo PWM controller?

Now if only there was a blue Z97 board to match the case LEDs and blue Aerocool fans.