fx 4100...good for an newbie gamer?

nv2000

Reputable
May 18, 2014
i am in India.
I am tight on budget so thinking about this budget processor.
I am not a ultra gamer infact a starter in gaming so would like the reviews abt this cpu and if possible any other suggestions below 6000 rs.

Solution
If you were wanting a FX6300 or 8320 then my answer might be different. But I don't think you are because, for you, they would cost too much.

I think for your low budget, the FM2+ cpus and motherboards would be best performance for the cost.
The fx4100 is really really basic.

You'd be better off going the FM2+ socket route. eg a8-5600k or 6600k on a fm2+ mobo.

And you wouldn't have to buy a graphics card to start with either - they have integrated graphics. So you could even go up to a a10 6800k cpu

Where are you buying from? Flipkart?

nv2000

Reputable
May 18, 2014

Well i would probably buy flipkart or a local store...( best price WINS :))
What makes the difference between AM3 and FM2 sockets...is there huge difference in performance?
Well if u see the reviews in flipkart then probably the AM3 wins..
Also even ia am opting for the best and budget cpu which should be easy to maintain and last LONG!

nv2000

Reputable
May 18, 2014
But is the inbuilt graphics worth it ?
In the sense is it enough?
I dont mind buying a AM3 for 5k and adding another 5k for gpu...
plz tell which will give the best outcome?

lukelaw

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
The thing is the FM2+ APU's are getting better and better and the price is getting lower, personally I would say go with FM2+ because you'll save a lot of money and be able to max out mid ranged games, even crysis 2 can be maxed out on an APU at 1600x1200 done it my self.

If you were wanting a FX6300 or 8320 then my answer might be different. But I don't think you are because, for you, they would cost too much.

I think for your low budget, the FM2+ cpus and motherboards would be best performance for the cost.

Solution
if your buying a separate GPU, don't ever get an APU, your far worse off.

Look put for an FX 6300 with a cheap motherboard (and don't OC with a cheap motherboard).

Cases with PSU's have the most poor of PSU's, Please try and get a case and PSU separate, if those time bombs go off, you will regret it.